** Please read this before making suggestions (Regarding Version 2) **
8th September 2010 00:47 #46
Regular User
  • Send Message
I dont even get the updates which is a little disapointing for me ):

ANDY get a move on!!! jk jk... but for real my dashboard is a mess!
8th September 2010 14:11 #47
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
could you make an option to choose the colour of the background when you read mangas? I really like to read mangas on a black background(i may be because i got used to this from om)
11th September 2010 03:17 #48
Regular User
  • Send Message
Urm, well I think that we should also add the volume numbers on stuff for those who would like to also purchase the manga (contribution to the authors, and all), and for people who need to help their librarians with the manga section...
19th September 2010 18:19 #49
Regular User
  • Send Message
Reading direction - Shnouki
Show which direction the manga is read in

i think this may come in handy with some manga's like the manwha/manhua or how you spell it . sing they are read from left to right, sometimes kina confusing
20th September 2010 01:56 #50
Regular User
  • Send Message
Cooler mangable I cant w8

23rd September 2010 18:32 #51
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
I think it would be good if we had a place to dump old/dead forum threads like mangafox has. We may not need it now but it would help keep things organized as the forums get more action.
Last edited: 24th September 2010 01:57 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
19th October 2010 08:39 #52
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hi, I'm new here, but I just finished a few series and was thinking that it'll be good if the manga status automatically updates itself from 'reading' to completed' once you get to the end of a manga (for complete works, not those in-progress). Cuz now, I list it as 'reading' so that my progress is tracked, but once I finish I have to go back to the manga main page to change the status to 'completed'...
seems like this extra step is quite unnecessary, since you already can track progress and all...
=)
27th October 2010 19:24 #53
Regular User
  • Send Message
I haven't posted too much in here, mainly because I am really happy I found this site and don't want to make the Creator Mad. ALL HAIL ANDY!!! DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!! Anyway, I like KHR's idea of the levelling up based on contribution in the forums or amount of manga visited or what have you. The reason why I think this is a good idea is it allows other users to see how "reliable", and I use this term loosely the other one is.

What I mean by reliable is that if I see someone is level 10, and lets just say that is a high level, I most likely will look at their profile to see what they are reading, which in turn will give me new ideas on what to read myself. That is my main reason for supporting that.

My own suggestion is what I call "Creators Rampage." All that is, is a message from Andy, if he wants that, you see on the home page. Example: "Hey all, welcome to the new site." Or "If someone asks me when the new One Piece is coming out I will make it into to Two Piece." I just think that with that a lot of the users will get more interaction with Andy and most likely build more of a repor with the users. Just my humble opinion.

HanaChii also has a good point about the completed mangas and having them update to reading when a new chapter comes out. If I understand correctly, If I am reading chapter 200 of fairy tail and I finish it, then it goes into completed, but once chapter 201 comes out it gets updated into reading. That is my understanding of what HanaChii said so if I am wrong, sorry.

I also agree that there should be icons next to mangas that have been updated or when a new manga comes out.

Lastly I would like to thank Andy (yes I know I am brown nosing a bit here, but I don't care) for taking all our suggestions and not going mad in the process.
ME LIKE MANGA
27th October 2010 21:36 #54
Regular User
  • Send Message
Andy is Chuck Norris' bro. So you're pretty much screwed there, "Shnouki" if that's your real name.
Echii is my middle name !
28th October 2010 08:24 #55
Regular User
  • Send Message
@Shnouki you know andy hasn't been on mangable in months and is not going to respond any more like he used to. oh and you've got a little something on your nose, just to let you know by the way.
14th November 2010 22:55 #56
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
Originally posted by insanepayne
I think it would be good if we had a place to dump old/dead forum threads like mangafox has. We may not need it now but it would help keep things organized as the forums get more action.

Totally agree. It would be convenient if we could dump our old threads.
30th December 2010 14:37 #57
Regular User
  • Send Message
It might sound stupid or have already been suggested, but I would like to have an 'up to date/current/last chapter released' status selectable for ongoing manga, since it would be easier to organize as opposed to having everything on either 'reading' or 'completed'
30th December 2010 14:49 #58
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Just to let everyone know. I am taking notes on all suggestions in this thread :D Some awesome suggestions!
30th December 2010 23:47 #59
Regular User
  • Send Message
Um... one suggestion from me is that you know the categories of the different types of manga? For the categories.. maybe a little description can be placed like what that generation of manga is about and etc. (I don't know if I'm wording my idea right...)
Tralalalalalalalalalalalala.
30th December 2010 23:52 #60
Regular User
  • Send Message
yeah that makes sense, so like they put this manga went from 1999-2005 or 2001-ongoing. Something like that?
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,