** Please read this before making suggestions (Regarding Version 2) **
6th August 2010 11:24 #1
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey guys,

I *highly* appreciate all of the suggestions that are being suggested to help improve Mangable!

I have been working for quite a while on a new version of Mangable. This is the reason why making new features for the existing version is often difficult

That in mind; All suggestions that are being made - Could you please post them into here so I can consider them all in the next version!

It's not that I think they're bad ideas.. but they are going in the new version as opposed to this one :)

Things that have been suggested so far

Have someone appointed to watch over the forums - ChildishDelusion
Because these forums are custom build for the site, it doesn't have all of the featues that normal forums do. This also means that it is easier for me to add other features to them :)

Dates & Years in the forums - insanepayne
This is to show the year of the posts rather than just month/day/time

Search/Filter - DemonWingedVixen
Have an advanced search

Search/Filter for Categories - DemonWingedVixen
So you're able to check/uncheck categories and search through them all

User Titles - KatekyoHitmanReborn
For the forums. People can have personalised user titles

Completed list - justinefremlouw
Have a section for the site where it lists all of the series that have been completed.

Dashboard insanepayne & shukero
Sort this out a little. Allow you to search your dashboard, order them differently and possible have an *Updated icon much like the view series page

Shoutbox - wosea
Implement a shoutbox system onto the site/forums

Forum Pages - mangalov3r
Whilst viewing forum categories, allow the number of pages to be seen (and clicked)

The homepage updates list - nalyd & Poem
This needs sorting out. If a new series is added, it will clogthe homepage up entirely

Manga Ranking - MintRainbow
Allow Manga to be ranked by views/rating and also show what rank it is on on the view series page

Reading direction - Shnouki
Show which direction the manga is read in

Manga Suggesrions - MintRainbow
Have a section which will possibly suggest manga similar to the ones that you are reading

Random Buttom - xXCeeLee
Have a button that will take you to a random manga once you click it

Search by author/artist - Crazy7
Allow the authors and artists to be searched so you can find the other Manga that they create

I will update this topic now and again.

** Please put all suggestions for new version in this topic. Please don't post in this topic unless it is a suggestion!
7th August 2010 07:14 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
I got another suggestion, if you may. When reading a manga you have there "#45", that would be the chapter. Then you got "Reading #23" which is small and I think it's too small and you can't realy see it ... when you have a big list (use my MAL link to see my list), if I were to update that to Mangable it would be realy hard for me to know which series has ben updated.

Did you understand anything out of that ? Basicly, when you DIDN'T read a chapter or you have more to read it should be or bold or colored of some sorts.
Echii is my middle name !
7th August 2010 18:06 #3
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Ahh yeah! Cool cool, good suggestion Poem - Thanks again! :D
7th August 2010 21:55 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
Me again. Tell me when you get tired of me.

How about putting the year of appearance of the manga ?

Also, are you doing all the work on this site ?
Last edited: 7th August 2010 21:55 by Poem

8th August 2010 23:11 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
Also ... when you are adding chapters, if you ever gonna post an ending one, in news and home page, you should write [END] somewhere, as some (me included) will look into that manga, as it's finished already and will like to read it now.
Last edited: 8th August 2010 23:11 by Poem

9th August 2010 02:55 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Poem
I got another suggestion, if you may. When reading a manga you have there "#45", that would be the chapter. Then you got "Reading #23" which is small and I think it's too small and you can't realy see it ... when you have a big list (use my MAL link to see my list), if I were to update that to Mangable it would be realy hard for me to know which series has ben updated.

Did you understand anything out of that ? Basicly, when you DIDN'T read a chapter or you have more to read it should be or bold or colored of some sorts.

this is another suggestion on top of the *UPDATED* icon which will help people with what has been updated. I think that Poem is on to something very nicer which will hopefully make ity easier to understand which we need to red and which we don't :D

1) I also have a suggestion / bug report for you as well. On my dashboard it has 2 places where it shows how many chapters there are of a specific manga: 1 right next to the linked title, and one right next to the latest chapter, however in a lot of different cases (IE naruto) they don't match, take for example Bleach which says by it's title "517 chapters" yet the latest is #515, lol it confused me the first time I was on the dashboard ;)

2) I also thought of another suggestion. (Although this may be impossible) I was thinking that since there is a lot of extra traffic through the site due to onemanga closing down, if you have an extra server or extra hdd on the server that isn't in use, you could possibly relieve some traffic by posting up the 50 most popular manga's on one server / hdd and the rest on another one, hence relieveing the physical site of at least some traffic.

3) Ok this will be the last one i swear... for now :P I was thinking, instead of leaving the last picture in the latest manga an unlinked image, you might want to think about having that link back to the specific manga's main page. this will help to re-assure people that they have read all of the chapters.

4) OK I lied :*( this will be the last one. I think you should appoint someone or a link for image corruption. I say this because I have been through a lot of the manga on this site, and some pages are either void of any image, or the image is killed half way down the page. Even a link that tells you there is a corrupt image woul;d be nice.
Last edited: 9th August 2010 03:09 by shukero
9th August 2010 09:20 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by shukero

4) OK I lied :*( this will be the last one. I think you should appoint someone or a link for image corruption. I say this because I have been through a lot of the manga on this site, and some pages are either void of any image, or the image is killed half way down the page. Even a link that tells you there is a corrupt image woul;d be nice.

You sure it wasn't your internet ? A button for broken page is a good ideea but I haven't got that problem so far.

Anyway, bump for your ideeas :)
11th August 2010 18:16 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
How about a release date on manga ?

You know, weekly,monthly, irregular, etc :)
Last edited: 11th August 2010 18:18 by Poem

11th August 2010 18:32 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea i agree, it helps a lot so you know when to look at your list for updates and when to expect them.
15th August 2010 08:14 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
I hope I am not saying stuff again,but:

Manga search by author(If you loved a manga from a mangaka, you'll want to read more of his/her stuff).

Dashbord, all the manga are put there as you checked them, I think putting all of them in alphabetic order.

--me
16th August 2010 22:18 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
How about a release date on manga ?

You know, weekly,monthly, irregular, etc :)

I know that this is a nice touch that onemanga had, but unfortunately even THIS will be inaccurate. That's because scanulators need time to put out their products, or find raws for their products, or etc etc.

This is why onemanga called some of the manga series "irregular" because of the fact that the only groups doing it were not very timely at doing it.

As for what poem said earlier about broken images: they aren't broken images, they are corrupted ones. For example, there have been several I have seen in "skip beat" series where they are either completely green and fuzzy, don't show the last half of the page, or the image screws up 1/2 way down as well.
19th August 2010 22:07 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well In the dashboard i think it's handy to have the updated onces on top of the list(s). It's kinda... messy with all the manga being thrown together recklessly. Categorizing in alphabethic way. I personally think that those two will make mangable much more user-friendly to read.
21st August 2010 16:45 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
I,hearby, bump what the guy above said.

Also, whenever you click on "Dashbord" I think it would be better if it'd go to "Readin" and NOT "All", as I'm only interested in what I'm reading and not all the mangas I have there.

Again, this is a suggestion ! I would like is everyone else would state they opinion about this, NOT JUST ME.

Give your ideeas to Andy and make Mangable better.

We all love manga, we should all help thereby.

--me again, you can't run away from me
22nd August 2010 01:10 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
I,hearby, bump what the guy above said.

Also, whenever you click on "Dashbord" I think it would be better if it'd go to "Readin" and NOT "All", as I'm only interested in what I'm reading and not all the mangas I have there.

Again, this is a suggestion ! I would like is everyone else would state they opinion about this, NOT JUST ME.

Give your ideeas to Andy and make Mangable better.

We all love manga, we should all help thereby.

--me again, you can't run away from me

Totally agree :p seems not many people are helping with suggesting and replying these days...

--hehe, seems ur lurking in the dark
22nd August 2010 13:42 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
How about, also, adding who provided the scans ?
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,