A treatise on longer update lists
4th August 2010 07:23 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
An example of why it's an issue would be today: I could see some stuff that got updated, but than a few minutes later Darren Shaw was updated, and it had so many chapters that it filled the entire update list. You can see the daily posts in the news, but that doesn't tell you what has happened between then and now.
I suppose there are a lot of ways around that on this site, such as RSS and the e-mails, but I try to keep my inbox from filling up (this most definitely would wreck that), and you can't see new series as they are uploaded, except in the news, because you don't have them subscribed for e-mail/RSS. Also, new users, such as myself, must search for series individually and mark them, for fear of missing them in the updates and not reading them for some time. (And that can be a looooong~ list. . . =_=)

It's not really a huge issue, and if it is difficult to do or interferes with other things than it really wouldn't be worth it. However, it would be nice to have if possible. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Signed,

Nalyd - Rin Dei La Rune

. . .

. . .

. . .Well, what are you waiting for? Be good little monkeys and let us quivle over this little matter. Muahahaha

<3
Last edited: 4th August 2010 07:24 by nalyd
4th August 2010 11:21 #2
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey nalyd, thanks for your suggestion - I most certainly agree!

First of all, regarding the emails. When a series is updated and emails are sent, (for example), although there were ~40 new chapters for Darren Shan; only one email will be sent to users subscribed to that manga :)

But I do agree, a huge update like that makes the homepage look horrible. I'm limited to the amount of changes I can make (as i'm not at home at the moment, and don't have access to my usual PC).

We could replace it with the news page, and sort the actual 'updates list' in the side bar out, so It would post Darren Shan [c0-44]

Or perhaps change the homepage so it says Darren Shan [c0-44] instead.

5th August 2010 06:56 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Oh my gosh! The head monkey replied to the pleas of a lowly peon! The honor!

(In all seriousness though, I would like to thank you for responding to my suggestion. It's nice to know that you take this suggestion thread seriously and really consider the community in the future of mangable. That's the secret to success with a site like this, and it's good to feel secure in the future of my new 'home' =)

Thank you

Yours sincerely,
The loyal peon - nalyd
Last edited: 5th August 2010 06:57 by nalyd
5th August 2010 09:42 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
haha yea andy's a real nice guy, and keeps this place well kept all by himself(amazing you maintain it to such a high standard with no ones help) congrats to you man, you doing a fantastic job
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,