Storyboard: Souls of FATE
28th December 2010 09:33 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Note: im not good in writing a story, im more of a Storyboard guy. i could make a manga out of it BUT (from experience) making one alone is hard work! and needs more time. so the format will be different, ill let your imagination do most of the work, imagine it as an anime playing in your head. this will be updated. include dialogue.

Warning: this is a mix of Horror, Psychological, Shounen and Drama.
"do not worry, i can make more with different genre"

*the hero is a male high-school student: Shin Mikifune
* setting: tokyo, japan ( i was thinking of a more quite place, but tokyo is a best place for mass murders.)
* dialgues are in bold, monologues have "...", (...)are mostly descriptions of the story scenes and settings. this will be some note worthy words or phrases

Episode 1: "The Devil and The Moon"

"Men believed that they can control fate, but such false belief..."

(classroom covered in blood, all red including the sky)
...where am i? huh...? (in a confused, and just woken up)
what's this...? (looks at bloody hand)
blood...? (still confused but...)
!! -agh! w-what happened? why am i?... ! (notice the whole place)
(panting heavily, gradually increases panting... then screams in terror)
(standing in the middle of the room, with parts of human bodies scattered around)

(suddenly went black and quite, and somebody whispers...)
Murderer...

Aaagh!! (wakes up in a dream, still panting, he is in the hospital, it was morning)
Nurse: Doctor! the patient just woke-up (in distant voices)
(after the doctor re-oriented him and Shin finally relaxes)

(knock, knock, knock)
Im sorry to disturb you, but we have an urgent matter to discuss.
Shin: w-who are you...?
Hayato: I'm detective Hayato from Tokyo Metropolital Police Department. (a 40-ish male, youre typical cool and serious-looking detective)
Shin: detective? w-what's this all about? did something happened?
Hayato: ...i'm here to investigate about the murders in your school.
(... suddenly, remembers his nightmare, follows a sharp headache)
Shin: uh!..
Hayato: ! a-are you all right? should i call a nurse.
Shin: ...no, im fine... just a headache...
Hayato: sigh, i'll just comeback another day until your better, the we'll talk.
Shin: w-wait! detective! please tell me... who were m-murdered?
Hayato: ...im sorry, but i can't discuss it with you yet- (interrupted)
Shin: please...
(the detective pause for a moment and suddenly tells the names of the victims and Shin was shocked, i want it to be silent for dramatic effect, youll see lips moving but no words came out)
Shin:no... it cant be, y-oure just kidding, right?, there just in the hospital, right? i-it's impossible - (starting to move closer)
Hayato: please, stay calm... (trying to calm Shin)
Shin: there j-just outside, worrying for me... h-hey! guys im right here, y-you can come in! look! i-im fine! (shouting for someone outside, as you can read the victims are his acquaintances, close friends maybe)
Hayato: Nurse! Nurse! I need help here! (While trying to restrain him)
Shin: Cmon guys, stop kidding around! show yourselves! (still in denial , in tears and struggling violently)

(nurses came in, restrained and put him to sleep with drugs-forgot the name of drug i know its via IV push)

...MURDERER! (a more louder whisper)

(Shin wakes up from sleep, yet again but its was night)
Shin: no...no... ! (Shin notices someone standing, hiding in the shadow)
Shin: Who are you?! show yourself!
???: so... you really did lost your memory, pity, it couldve been easier, if you remembered how to use your soul...
Shin: What are you talking about?! show yourself! or ill call the nurse!
???: shut it, Devil! your starting to annoy me. Do you know how much trouble you caused? as a fellow Arcana, i adviced you to be quiet and listen to what i have to say...(a girl appears out of the shadow)
Shin: whats your name? and why do you - (interrupted)
???: Did i just say to be quiet ad listen?! sigh... fine, ill re-introduced myself... I have no name similar to what you are calling yourself, but only a title given to me... I am The Moon and you are also one of us.
Shin: ...us?
The Moon: yes... one of the Arcana, the chosen few that possess the power of fates.
Shin: w-what? Arcana? Power of Fates?... (confused) if i am one of your so-called Arcana, then what is my title, then?
The Moon: ...one of the most powerful Arcana, the lord of darkness... THE DEVIL!
Shin: ... The Devil...

"Fate can be controlled by the chosen few... and I was one of them"

*This ends Episode 1: The Devil and The Moon. soon ill be working on Episode 2: The Bloody Guilt

as you can see, its a bunch of short stories, ill be updating until further notice. Thank you for reading

December 28,2010
Last edited: 29th December 2010 11:43 by arsetothem

Hate me if you can! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! just kidding!... seriously, im practically unhateable... i think... ummmmmm... what?
28th December 2010 10:54 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
man i like it a lot, i like where you're going with this, can't wait till the next ep
28th December 2010 14:26 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Episode 2: Bloody Guilt

"Some Secrets are not meant to be told..."

Shin: ...The Devil... Ha...Ha... hahaha! You've got to be kidding me?! ME? The Devil, how can that be? im just a normal highschool student, not once in my life, i have been associated with anything stupid as Occult activities! I dont remember any- (interrupted)

The Moon: Precisely... You don't remember.

(with a simple answer, Shin was stopped from his ranting rampage)

Shin: B-but, you don't have any proof, that I am one of the Arcana.

The Moon: heh, but I do, no matter how hard you tried to remember, nothing will com to mind... except... unconsciously

Shin: Unconsciously? what do you - (a sudden realization, a terrifying realization came to mind)
...the N-nightmares... you mean...

The Moon: yes!... those that you call Nightmares are actually your lost Memories!!

(Shin was terrified... hearts starts to race, panting heavily, sweating)

Shin: ...no! i-it cant be! NO! but my friends...

The Moon: you mean those inferior creatures? yes! you slaughtered them,like the animals they are!

Shin: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! (a terrifying scream suddenly breaks out, Shin was in tears! the Humanity that was left, was lost!!!)

The Moon: hmph! interacting with these lowly humans has made you weak... but no worries, we still have much time till you fully remember it all. Goodbye... Shin (She disappears into the light of the moon, with a twisted giggle...)

(Shin continues to scream, as it seems he was thrown off to an never-ending abyss...)

(The Doctors and Nurses came restrained him put him again to sleep)

(Somewhere, where the light does not exist, a mysterious shadow dwells)

???: Such a weak soul! i can easily tear his soul apart!

???: enough! we need him... we need his power...

(The girl called The Moon appears before them)

???: Good work, Tsuki-chan.. hm, hm, ha, ha, HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!...

(as for Shin, a yet another nightmare befalls in his sleep. the same classroom, but there was no blood, nor body parts scattered, and his friend were still alive in front of him...)

???: Shin... is that you??!! uh...this is not what it seems...
???: cmon Shin relax, lets not be hasty... huh! Shin?? what's wrong?...

(Shin's memories failed him yet again, he has no recollection to what really happening until...)

???: S-shin what are you doing!!! ugh... gasp!
???:Kyaaa!!! ugh!! no... please

(Shin cannot believe his eyes, his friends where floating in mid-air, chocking by an unknown force...)

Shin: No! NO! Please Stop!!! I-I cant!!

(Shin has no control over his body, he can do nothing while they are dying)

(Even before they lost theyre last breath, they were suddenly cut to pieces, Blood splashing through out the room, parts fly all over... all of it, Shin witnessed it all)

(Shin was frozen in terror, no words came out of his mouth not even a peep, as it seems time stops and it went black...)

(Shin standing in a dark place, with a dim light over his head, he catches breath and tried to pull himself, but even before that, he feels something rolls beneath his feet.)

DIE!!!MURDERER! MURDERER!!! MURDERER!!!!! DIE!!!!
(shouts the heads of his friends was lying there, watching him with menacing eyes... for such terrifying sight, Shin woke-up drench in sweat)

"it was me... i killed them, it was me..."

(with such thought, there is one thing left to do)

Shin: I must DIE!!!

(he grabs anything that is sharp, and tried to stab his throat... BUT)

???: Such futile attempts!

(the edge never get near the throat, as if he was protected by an invisible armor, no matter how much strength he uses, it just wont budged and The Moon appears)

The Moon: you can never die... we wont let you... The devil wont let you.

Shin: why?... why wont you let me end my suffering... why wont you let me die!

The Moon: Die? you are above this lowly creatures? You dont need to die for the likes of them!

Shin: then what should i do?!! i can no longer live like this!!! I was the reason they died... I was the one who created my own nightmares!!!

The Moon: very well! come with me, I can open some of your memories... it may be limited but somehow, you'll remember, the true Shin...

(She touches Shin's chest, and blinding lights seeps thru, while she extends further...)

Shin: huh? Moon? Moon?! Where am I?!...

(Shin wakes up in a familiar place... a garden, a beautiful garden, full of flowers... then two children appeared, playing, but those two seems all to familiar-)

Shin: It can't be! Thats me! and... Moon?

"The forgotten past,witnessed with my very own eyes..."

Episode 2: Bloody Guilt ends

COMING SOON!

Episode 3: Inner Abyss

*Notice that I will be adding spaces between each characters Dialogue to avoid confusion" Thank you for reading

December 28, 2010
Hate me if you can! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! just kidding!... seriously, im practically unhateable... i think... ummmmmm... what?
30th December 2010 18:45 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
loving it man keep it up
31st December 2010 04:08 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
Chapter 3: Inner Abyss

"They say , truth will bring light to any doubt... but-"

Shin: ...is this my past...?

Moon: yes, or pretty much the way you remember it. (suddenly appears)

Shin: what do you mean?

Moon: let's just say, eveybody has different perception on what they see.

Shin:... oh.... (confused) hey!

(the children suddenly runs away, Shin followed where they went -
thep end up in a clearing... but-)

Shin: ! ...w-what is this place?.....

(Shin though they were in a garden in the country-side but actually, the garden was inside a giant room.)

Moon: surprised?... this is FATE, the place where we, The Arcana were born... what you see is just a part of a much larger facilities.

Shin: FATE? i was born here? then my parents were here?

Moon: no, Shin. We were not born just like those humans...

Shin: w-what do you mean?

(The children opens a door and goes in the next room-)

Moon: come, it is much easier to show it to you than telling it to you.

(Shin and Moon, follows thru, when they got inside, Shin was in shock - machines and tubes, stands in row... and inside each tubes are humans...)

Moon: now, do you still think you are a human... you are far more superior!

Shin: b-but, i have parents, i have memories of them... my mother... my father... i remember... when i lost them in a fire...

Moon: hahaha- very amusing... Shin. you seem to forget that your memories have failed you too many times. you still cant trust what you remember for what they truly is.

Shin: so... are you telling me that, the time ive spent with my parents are just a pigment my imagination?

Moon: maybe so, but i can assure you what you remember associating with your so-called parents are real. the difference is they are not your birth-parents.

Shin: then, who? who are my birth-parents?

Moon: None... You, Me and the rest of the Arcanas have no birth-parents. we are created by FATE, artificially altering the DNA from past creation.

(Shin is shocked to discover that he trully is not human)

Moon: you are fortunate to be chosen by Fate... only 22 creation can bestow the Power of Fates... let me show you-

(Moon and Shin teleported to a different room, an empty dome with coils around and a window for operators to see inside)

Shin: w-where are we?

Moon: Welcome to the Awakening Chamber, where each and every creation are put to the test, if they are trully chosen!

(A boy enter the room...)

???: test subject - 09182 entered the dome
close the door and get ready to commence Awakening phase
charge coil... with 10% power
???: charged and ready...
???: BEGIN!

(The room began to glow,and filled the room with Jolts of electricity, shocking the boy)

boy: AAAAGHHH!!!! (screams in pain)

Shin: W-what are they doing??!!! S-stop this!

Moon: you seem to forget that this is just memories... your memories.

Shin: if this is mine, then where am i? i shiuld be witnessing this -

(Shin saw himself, near the door, waiting to be tested...)

Moon: Look! Shin...

(A shadow appears out of the boy's body)

???: Its Awakening... increase voltage by 20%!

(the boy screams louder and shadow keeps growing, starting form... a figure)

???: We are getting close... increase by 30!

(the figure is much clearer now... the devil was the figure... long horns, long arms with claws-like hands, wings thar resemble of a bats, all covered in jet black shadow...)

Moon: Shin!, witness the awakening of your Soul... The Devil!

(SHin is speechless)

???: Extraction complete... turn-off the coils to begin Soul Awakening.
(as the coils stops... the Devil opens its eyes! and starts to rampage!
trying to destory the dome)

???: The Soul is too powerful... the test subject can't control it!

Moon: Such Power! It is truly one of the mist Powerful Souls!

(The Devil stops the rampage and turns its head toward the boy...)

Moon: This will happen if the creation is unworthy...

(The Devil devours the boy, eating it's flesh...)

Shin: N-no! Blargh!!! (vomiting)

(after the Devil feasted on the boy, it returns to the shadow, leaving a mutulated body of the child...)

???: Awakening failed.... remove the body and bring the next test subject...

Shin:! i-im next...

"There is no light... my truth is the dark abyss"

Episode 3: Inner Abyss ends

Next: Episode 4: Moonlight
Last edited: 2nd January 2011 03:28 by arsetothem

31st December 2010 09:07 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea man take your time, you're making a good story, no rush
31st December 2010 14:43 #7
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
cantv wait for the next part

very good story
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
2nd January 2011 03:36 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
Update: episode 3: Inner Abyss complete!

sorry for the pause!

Infos:
The Souls mentioned here are based on the Major Arcana
(the Devil, the Moon...) go google: Tarot cards
There are 22 Major Arcanas, so 22 Arcana members (including SHin and the Moon)

+Remember on Episode 2: Bloody Guilt, a mysterious shadow called the Moon - "Tsuki-chan" which means Moon in japanese...
but Shin actually calling her Moon (in english), since it is her actual Title (arcana members are nameless)
Tsuki-chan is a nickname made by the mysterious shadow.
3rd January 2011 10:34 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
Episode 4: Moonlight

"They say theres a rainbow after the storm... but its different when it comes to me..."

Shin: I-im next?...

Moon: now it gets interesting.

(The young Shin steps forth to the center of the dome.)

???: test subject - 09183 entered the dome
close the door and get ready to commence Awakening phase
charge coil... with 10% power

Moon: All of us have to endure the same treatment... the pain and chances of being devoured by our soul.

???: w-wait! somethings happening!
???: what the....

Moon: but you, Shin is different.

(The shadow suddenly appears, even without the test started, and quickly forms the Devils body...)

???: How can this be?! how can a soul awakens on its own!

Moon: its fate... fate already chosen you as the Arcana of the Devil's soul... 09183 no longer exist, youll be reborn as holder of the title of "The Devil"

Shin: I-I was chosen... as the Arcana... But this does not answer why i end up with my parents!

Moon: hush! be patient, soon, you'll see your answer.

(they again teleported, into another area... in a corridor.)

Moon: 5 days later after the Devil's Awakening... an incident occured. an incident that put the plan in Jeopardy.

(a huge Roar was heard all over the facility, followed by smashing noise. as Shin and the Moon closes-in)

Shin: w-what is this?...

(It was the young Shin... but his whole body is colored in Jet Black. Eyes glowing Red, and claws same as the Devil... surrounded by blood and dead bodies)

???: Hurry! ready the Tranquilizers! we must stop the Devil!

Moon: Shin, witness the power of fusion of its Arcana and it's Soul. the Arcana will gain the form, the strenght, the speed and the abilities.

( the roof was destroyed, and the light shines down... a calming celestial light... the light of the Moon)

Shin: it's calming down...

Moon: ...ugh..

Shin: what is it? are you alright?

Moon: this is nothing, don't mind me!

(The devil stared at the moon... and slowly turns back to normal)

???: get ready to restrain him...

(the suddenly the wings of the devil appears and spreads open... with a single flap of the wing, He flies to the air!)

Moon: we don't know what happened but you went berserk and recklessly use the Soul's power... that is why you lost your memories.

Shin: what? why is that? i thought i am in control of the Devil's Soul.

Moon: yes, but the Devil's Soul is far too powerful for 5-days old Arcana. let me tell you this, using Souls is burden to body and mind, using a Soul will result to weakened body or a headache... too much can result to paralysis or memory-loss... ulitmately Death.
in your case, if you hadn't calmed down...

Shin: Death...

Moon: hahaha... too close indeed!, as for your awaited answer.

(changes location... inside a forest at night, then two people appeared)

Moon: look! Your parents found you collapse in a forest near their house, after you blindly fly flew throughout the night... it still baffles us though, we can't figure what you are thinking, escaping the facilty, escaping Fate...

(Shin steps forward... slowly and in tears)

Moon: Shin...

Shin: Mother... Father...

"There was no rainbow... It was the light of the Moon... calm yet mysterious"

Episode 4: Moonlight Ends

Next, Episode 5: Reborn Again

"MY PC IS STILL DEAD FOR A WHILE, so no sketches yet. but im doing the request"

-Check "My Sketches" for my... uh... sketches.
Last edited: 3rd January 2011 12:15 by arsetothem

4th January 2011 00:01 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
nice man, makes me want to read what happens next so much!
5th January 2011 09:51 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Episode 5: Reborn Again

"People are born twice... one is being born in this world and the other the realization of ones true purpose"

Shin: Mother... Father...

Moon: dont forget that this just a memory.

Shin: I know... but its been so long, ive missed them so much...

"Mother": Poor child... who is cruel enough to abandon a child here.

"Father": Let's bring him inside its cold out here

Moon: since you have no parents and any activity of fate is a mystery to the world. the police can't help them, but to send you to welfare... but the couple adopt you instead. everybody from Fate searched all over for you.

Shin: If i was that important to you people, then why didn't took me from my parents.

Moon: we planned to... but the higher-ups came up with a plan, or an expirement if i say so myself. we let you go to live with the couple and monitored you 24/7

Shin: experiment?

Moon: well they think of testing the effects of an Arcana if it was raised by humans... while the rest of us are raised in a controlled environment, trained and conducted test. since they believe, exposure to human emotion will effect the syncronization between you and your soul. cause once you became the chosen Arcana your are free from any emotions...

Shin: so thats it... im just an experiment.

Moon: you were happy and content with your life with the couple... but the higher-ups were not pleased, it seems your such weak emotion weakens your connection with The Devil... that is why they made some drastic measures.

Shin: what do you mean?

Moon: in order to trigger some more strong emotions out - we must create a "Tradegy" scenario for you.

Shin: !.. Tradegy?... !
(sudden realization) no.. it can't be.

Moon: the Death of your parents... the fire is no accident, it was done by Fate...

Shin!.... aaaaaaggghhhh!!!!

(Shin charges at Moon with a loud cry)

Shin: You killed them!!!... you people killed my parents!!!

(Moon easily dodges his attacks)

Moon: Pitiful! you cant even touch me, i even dont need to use my powers against you!

(Shin fueled with rage continued to attacks moon)

Shin: Ill Kill you!!! i'll never forgive you!!!

Moon: stop this... !

(Soon Shin started to spew shadows out of his body and suddenly gushes out. thus the Devil appears again!)

Moon: ugh!... this power!

(Shin drastically increases strength and speed... and catches up to Moon's movement.)

???: Moon! Release your soul and try to constrict him!

Moon: ! "Chariot"?...why are you doing here?

Chariot: you two took your bloody time, so i got a little worried.
ugh! let's stop him fast!

(The Chariot. an Arcana much older than Moon, looks more like Big-brother-type of a guy.)

Chariot: Gotcha!

(Chariot held Shin tight from the back, and struggling to restrain)

Chariot: I-i cant hold much longer! Moon! Know him out now!!

(even though Shin is restrained , some of the shadows still attacks moon. But its enough for Moon to dodge and closed-in Shin.)

Moon: Im sorry, Shin...

(Knocks Shin out easily)

Chariot: sigh... were lucky, he was not in fusion with his soul, then no matter what we do ,we can't stop him, unless he calms down himself.

Moon: let's go back, i guess is too much for him to accept everything...

Chariot: just go ahead and rest, ill take care of Shin.

(Shin wakes up in his room, Moon and Chariot was already gone.)

Shin:.... mother...father... i will never forgive them...

(Shin clenches his fist, his eyes full of anger. Revenge was the only thing in his mind.)

???: Hehehehe... I hope your not thinking what im thinking.

(a mysterious man appears before him, but shin was not surpirised.)

Shin: Who are you? and what do you want?

???: hmm.. feisty are we?

"Today, I was reborn again... Born from Hate and Anger"

Episode 5: Reborn Again ends...

Next: Episode 6: Deal with the Devil

- im sorry for the (Break time) part. while i was typing, i didnt the time... its closing time, so i have to quickly say something and post my story... kinda funny though.
Last edited: 6th January 2011 03:24 by arsetothem

5th January 2011 18:15 #12
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
nice how you end with

(break time)

good story
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
6th January 2011 00:30 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
nice i was hell into it then it just said break time and i was like lol
6th January 2011 03:26 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
UPDATE:
Episode 5: Reborn Again complete.

sorry for the sudden stop... but you can continue reading it now.
6th January 2011 04:12 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
cheers
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,