Stories... I Just Got Copied!
26th March 2011 03:09 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Don't any of you here worry about copyright? I know I do. I posted a poem on the web to discover one of my friends took it and passed it off as her own. And people believed her. I put my hard work into that, and she claims it as her own! It makes me want to kick a turkey.
Anyone else here worry about copyright when they're online? Have you been copyrighted before? It stinks... major.
I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
26th March 2011 16:57 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Yeah, I would if anyone read or cared about what I wrote. What a funny thought...
27th March 2011 02:15 #3
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
well i dont write stories and i cant draw i am not that poetic so people can steal nothing from me
ah i just made myself feel sad

well i am good at my projects at school so if someone would steal my fineshed work i would confront him and expose him.
and kill him, ok that i wont do but still
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
27th March 2011 03:58 #4
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
My friend is really paraniod about other people copying her artwork online. she says her friend from Deviant Art deactivate her account because other people from different websites took her work and post it on their website without her permisson
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
27th March 2011 08:42 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
To Uni - Yeah, I have a best friend who loves Devian Art, and has a profile. I've seen her pictures online...
To Frivile - You're depressing me. I care about what people write. I'm an avid reader, and like to hear stories. You should post up something if you aren't afraid of copyright. Everyone on this site is really friendly, I doubt you'll get any virtual tomatoes thrown at your head.
To MrAcid - First you made me sad then you spooked me with your jk death threat. Eeee! But, to be honest I would probably come after the person who copied my work. Seriously, there would be no place they could hide from me. *evil laughter* *lightning strikes in background* Oh yes, I would make them sorry they even dared... uh, I think this calls for a cooldown.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
27th March 2011 19:28 #6
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by RikuLovesYou
To Uni - Yeah, I have a best friend who loves Devian Art, and has a profile. I've seen her pictures online...
To Frivile - You're depressing me. I care about what people write. I'm an avid reader, and like to hear stories. You should post up something if you aren't afraid of copyright. Everyone on this site is really friendly, I doubt you'll get any virtual tomatoes thrown at your head.
To MrAcid - First you made me sad then you spooked me with your jk death threat. Eeee! But, to be honest I would probably come after the person who copied my work. Seriously, there would be no place they could hide from me. *evil laughter* *lightning strikes in background* Oh yes, I would make them sorry they even dared... uh, I think this calls for a cooldown.

muahahaha you will get your revenge
muhaha
they can run but they cant hide

oh and lol virtual tomatoes
i am going to steal that joke
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
28th March 2011 01:57 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid

muahahaha you will get your revenge
muhaha
they can run but they cant hide

oh and lol virtual tomatoes
i am going to steal that joke

Oi! No stealy the copyright protected joke! And mwahahahah I'll kick the sorry a... er, butt of anyone who dares steal my work! And I was kidding about stealing the joke, you can use it. Its not like I can sue you anyway. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Jokes are an exception to the copyright rule because no one can prove they came up with them first!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
31st March 2011 03:44 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
I never really thought about that. I post my poems on forums I trust, such as OtakuZen (you should join!) and the christian forums (a place where copyrighted is taken very seriously). I'm wondering if I should try posting my poetry on this site...hmmmm...
31st March 2011 05:03 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
I never really thought about it before I got copied. Even if you're on a pretty reliable site, you have to be careful. People copy and paste stuff all the time, and your work is certain to be copied sometime. About posting on Mangable, I don't know if you should. I'm not sure about the copyright rules, and I'm naturally a cautious person (contrary to my wacky personality!). But if you decide to put your work here or anywhere else I would really like to see it! I like to write poetry and stories myself!
OtakuZen... do they have copy barriers? Some sites don't allow you to copy the text on them. Is that one of them?
And what Christian forums are you suggesting? I've never been on one. Then again, this is my first time being actively involved in a forum!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
1st April 2011 04:09 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
I don't know about otakuzen having copy barriers. It's a forum site for talking about anime and just chillaxin'. Kind of like this site only without the manga to read and there're more topics to talk about.

christianforums.com is a forum site for Christians, but you still get a bunch of non-Christians who join just for the heck of it. It's pretty slow-going, though, not too active.
1st April 2011 04:51 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hm, I think I may check out Otakuzen, but the Christian forums sound too slow for me. Personally I like the fast paced action that the forums of Mangable provide!
.... I just discovered a very nasty looking blister on the back of my foot. That's kind of gross. I guess that's what I get for going running every now and then. Hard work never pays!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
1st April 2011 17:21 #12
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Hm, I think I may check out Otakuzen, but the Christian forums sound too slow for me. Personally I like the fast paced action that the forums of Mangable provide!
.... I just discovered a very nasty looking blister on the back of my foot. That's kind of gross. I guess that's what I get for going running every now and then. Hard work never pays!

well i dont think i am going to check the christian forum. i am good right here

omg show me
wait i changed my mind please dont, i dont want to seee?
aaaaah
2nd April 2011 06:10 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
Er? Is that a yes or a no? If you want to see it, I think its a little late. It's dried up and flaking, so the worst nasty-white-bubble-oozing-some-kind-of-funky-liquid moment is over.
You sound all horrified! What, does a little blister scare you? How come all boys think nasty gross stuff is interesting? And I looked at your post at least three times trying to figure out the mixed signals and had to laugh all three times.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
2nd April 2011 06:13 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well, how 'bout this? I could draw what I think your blister looks like with my pencil crayons and you can say whether you approve of it or not.

I really don't understand boys and I have 4 brothers. Go figure...I think you should just go ahead and post the picture.
2nd April 2011 06:34 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hmm, okay. I'm going to have to find a camera...
Stupid camera... it goes and buries itself in my closet somewhere. I'll find it. In the meantime, my blister is dried up and covered in a band-aid. You know how when you wear a band-aid for a long time it gets black round the edges? That's how mine looks. Granted, I exaggerated a little with the whole "omg its nasty!" but it still hurt. Its on the back of my foot and...
Why am I explaining? You'll see it whenever I find my stupid camera! Grr, down with cameras!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,