Hiya!
29th January 2011 02:51 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hey, how is everybody? I haven't read very many mangas, so if anyone has a recommendation for me to read I would appreciate it. I have read bleach and some of one piece, but that is pretty much it. Thanks!
29th January 2011 03:12 #2
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
Hey welcome to mangable. If you need recommendations check out the Manga Reccomender thread in General Manga Talk and if you need new anime check out the Anime Reccomender in General Anime. Here are my personal faves:

Rave Master - My all time favorite. Great fight scenes. Great art. Great story. Lovable Characters.

In 0015, fifty years before the story's start, the world was being corrupted by Dark Bring, evil stones that bestowed incredible powers to their owners. The Dark Bring were used by the Raregroove Kingdom, and the Symphonia Kingdom fought against them with their Holy Bring.

Shiba, the first RAVE Master, attempted to destroy Sinclaire, the "mother" of the Dark Bring, with his Ten Commandments Sword. The aftermath caused the massive explosion known as "Overdrive" that destroyed one-tenth of the known world. Shiba, protected from the disaster by Plue, a special guardian "dog" who shielded him from the blast, held onto the RAVE required to power his sword. Plue and the five remaining fragments of RAVE, however, scattered around the world.

Fifty years later Haru Glory, a teenager living on the peaceful Garage Island, fishes Plue up by accident. Several events soon follow, including Shiba's arrival and his desire to reclaim Plue, as well as the appearance of a mysterious organization known as Demon Card, whose members possess Dark Bring and aim to rule the world. After Haru battles one of its members, Shiba discovers he is the second RAVE Master, and entrusts his RAVE, Plue, and the Ten Commandments Sword to Haru. Haru embarks upon an adventure to find the other fragments of Rave and to save the world.

Rating: 10/5

http://mangable.com/rave/

Higurashi When They Cry /Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - This Contains several arcs(Can be found here in mangale). This is an amazing thriller. I recommend it to Deathnote fans. Personally, i find it 10x better than Deathnote

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa (雛見沢?) (based on the village of Shirakawa, Gifu, a World Heritage Site),[1][2] which has a population of approximately 2,000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Houjou. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.

http://mangable.com/higurashi_no_naku_koro_ni_-_onikakushi/

That is only one arc. The other arcs are available here on Mangable.

Flame Of Recca - OH HOW I LOVE THIS MANGA. It is now one of mty top 5, if not top 3, favorite mangas of all-time.It has tons of comedy, action and romance. I'm not the only one who recommends this manga. Shnouki does too. Check out his review higher up the page. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND FLAME OF RECCA. ESPECIALLY FOR YUYU HAKUSHO, NARUTO & NINJA FANS.

Flame of Recca follows the story of a teenage boy named Recca Hanabishi, who is interested in ninja and claims to be one himself. He often gets into fights because he made it publicly known that the person who manages to defeat him will earn his services as a loyal ninja. Despite this, he eventually pledges his loyalty and services as a ninja to Yanagi Sakoshita, a girl with the innate ability to heal any wound/injury, because of her kindness and compassion. Recca soon discovers that he possesses the innate ability to control/manipulate flames, and eventually learns that he is actually the son of the sixth generation leader of the Hokage, a ninja clan that was wiped out by Oda Nobunaga in 1576, roughly 400 years before the series' present day.

http://mangable.com/flame_of_recca/
30th January 2011 02:33 #3
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Welcome to mangable :) nice to meet you... I guess thats all im saying, im sorry im not in the greeting mood but I hope to see you in the forums. ;)
Die Teen Drama Die!!! *stabs Teen Drama*
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
30th January 2011 08:10 #4
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Wow Allen dont scare him away, hi welcome to mangable

I would recommend reading the "big three" Naruto, Bleach and One piece if that doesn't fit your taste then to the manga recommender like Allen suggested
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
30th January 2011 17:04 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
Were the giant pics REALLY necessary Allen? You're gonna scare the newbie.

Anyways, nice to meet you frivle. I hope to see you around the forums, cause we can't exactly interact while reading manga, lol. I'd probably be able to recommend some stuff to you once I get to know you better.
Officially Certified Goofball
4th February 2011 22:30 #6
  • Send Message
LMAOOOOOO honestly i was even questioning myself about putting pics lol
5th February 2011 00:21 #7
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Talk about overkill lol
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
8th February 2011 03:00 #8
  • Send Message
lol maybe i did scare him away because i havent seen him in any other thread since this one (sorry frivle) but i checked his reading list and guess what hes reading.................RAVE!!!!!
Last edited: 8th February 2011 03:00 by AllenWalker

8th February 2011 23:21 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
I'm still here. I just haven't had much time lately... Yeah...
11th February 2011 13:39 #10
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
hey frivle_dilby welcome to the forums
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
13th February 2011 17:32 #11
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
@AllenWalker: Stalker much? Lol just kidding
16th February 2011 00:29 #12
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Death_Case
@AllenWalker: Stalker much? Lol just kidding

LOL
16th February 2011 07:05 #13
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Lately i've been in the evil laugh mood so... Muhahahahahaha
20th February 2011 16:53 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
LOL allen your fine doing what ya do

and yes welcome to the forums frivle_dilby!
21st February 2011 18:30 #15
  • Send Message
Originally posted by mangalov3r
LOL allen your fine doing what ya do

and yes welcome to the forums frivle_dilby!

LOL thanks man
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,