Hello New website!
21st December 2010 17:26 #1
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: December 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 311
  • Send Message
A friend of mine introduced me to this site a day or two before i made an account, and i absolutely appreciate the free manga :D

unfortunately all of this wonderful reading material leaves me a little befuddled, i don't know where to start!!

i would very much appreciate any and all suggestions :D
i like hilarious violent manga! i read GTO when i was fourteen and ( as dorky as this sounds ) it became part of my soul XD , anything like GTO or trigun, Warriors of Tao, Love Hina, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, ect. ect. is dandy with me! :D if you have knowledge of any holy-relic manga like this i would very much appreciate it if you sent the title my way!

*side note: if you know of any manga that are really popular or can be enjoyed by the masses i would love to know of that as well. I am a captain in my local anime club and we are always looking for new stuff to get into, i would appreciate it! :D


thank you very much!

*side-side note: i <3 the word "appreciate"
21st December 2010 17:42 #2
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Posts: 2383
  • Send Message
Hey AlphaXRed, i like your intro, very nice, but yeah i can give you a few suggestions
Beelzebub

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Bleach

Code Breaker

D.Gray-Man

Defense Devil

Fairy Tail

The Breaker

Medaka Box

these are just some i just thought of as general group of manga pretty much everyone would like, but if you like any certain type of manga just let me know and i'll try to find one for you.

Also please join us in the other parts of the forums, we'd loved the extra person, more the merrier as they say
21st December 2010 18:31 #3
Emperor of the Forum
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: September 2010
  • Location: Netherlands
  • Posts: 2708
  • Send Message
hello

i really liked

Highschool of the dead

Rosario + Vampire

The legend of maian

Deadman wonderland

1/2 pince

and there is GTO shonan 14 days but i guess you already know this
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
22nd December 2010 00:26 #4
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: December 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 311
  • Send Message
Quote
Originally posted by mangalov3r
Hey AlphaXRed, i like your intro, very nice, but yeah i can give you a few suggestions
Beelzebub

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Bleach

Code Breaker

D.Gray-Man

Defense Devil

Fairy Tail

The Breaker

Medaka Box

these are just some i just thought of as general group of manga pretty much everyone would like, but if you like any certain type of manga just let me know and i'll try to find one for you.

Also please join us in the other parts of the forums, we'd loved the extra person, more the merrier as they say


Thank you so much for the warm invite ^ ^ i have every intention of sticking around for a while! Manga is my favorite addiction after all :D
22nd December 2010 00:31 #5
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: December 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 311
  • Send Message
Quote
Originally posted by MrAcid
hello

i really liked

Highschool of the dead

Rosario + Vampire

The legend of maian

Deadman wonderland

1/2 pince

and there is GTO shonan 14 days but i guess you already know this


actually, i did not know that! thank you so much ^ ^
22nd December 2010 04:44 #6
Death's best friend
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Posts: 2841
  • Send Message
Welcome to the forums AlphaXRed I wpuld suggest some manga to you but I have to eat my dinner....
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
22nd December 2010 14:07 #7
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Posts: 2383
  • Send Message
Quote
Originally posted by AlphaXRed
Quote
Originally posted by mangalov3r
Hey AlphaXRed, i like your intro, very nice, but yeah i can give you a few suggestions
Beelzebub

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Bleach

Code Breaker

D.Gray-Man

Defense Devil

Fairy Tail

The Breaker

Medaka Box

these are just some i just thought of as general group of manga pretty much everyone would like, but if you like any certain type of manga just let me know and i'll try to find one for you.

Also please join us in the other parts of the forums, we'd loved the extra person, more the merrier as they say


Thank you so much for the warm invite ^ ^ i have every intention of sticking around for a while! Manga is my favorite addiction after all :D


haha same, just love manga

but tell me what you think of 'em and i'll find you some more, also the ones MrAcid suggested are very good too, though Rosario+Vampire and highschool of the dead are quite a bit ecchi, but if you like that, then you'll love em (i think they're fantastic, thats why i love those 2 mangas as well )

also if you like ecchi sekirei is a must read!
22nd December 2010 15:26 #8
Emperor of the Forum
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: September 2010
  • Location: Netherlands
  • Posts: 2708
  • Send Message
yeah sekirei is very ecchi

if you like ecchi manga just ask
i know a lot of ecchi mangas (and i think mangalover also knows alot of ecchi mangas)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
22nd December 2010 15:30 #9
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Posts: 2383
  • Send Message
ohh yes, yes i do
22nd December 2010 18:10 #10
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: December 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 311
  • Send Message
i am not exactly sure what "ecchi" is but i am guessing it means something like provocative?
22nd December 2010 20:15 #11
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Posts: 2383
  • Send Message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecchi look at this, it explains it pretty well
Last edited: 22nd December 2010 20:19 by mangalov3r

22nd December 2010 20:39 #12
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: December 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 311
  • Send Message
i know longer <3 appreciate... ecchi is now my new favorite word ;D
23rd December 2010 12:42 #13
Regular User
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: August 2010
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Posts: 2383
  • Send Message
haha i know its mine
24th December 2010 00:28 #14
Mangable OG
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: September 2009
  • Location: Asia/Pacific Region
  • Posts: 485
  • Send Message
Welcome, first of all, and second: You should try AirGear.

Our preference of manga seems to be quite similar, very shounen.

It's really good.

Great story, lotsa action, and it has loads of fan-service. (If that's the kinda thing your into, *wink-wink*.)

Anyhow, I hope to see you around.

If need any help or just want to get acquainted better, simply contact me.

Lambo, OUT~!!
It's the Lambizzle, yo.

Moo ^.^
24th December 2010 19:49 #15
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Status: Offline
  • Join Date: September 2010
  • Location: United States
  • Posts: 502
  • Send Message
CHECK OUT THE MANGA RECOMMENDER THREAD IN THE GENERAL MANGA TALK FORUMS AND THE ANIME RECOMMENDER IN THE GENERAL ANIME FORUMS. THEY HAVE TONS OF GREAT MANGA AND ANIME RECOMMENDED BY ME AND MY FELLOW MANGABLE MEMBERS
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,