Air Gear
27th October 2010 21:11 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Okay, so I started reading this manga after I saw the anime. The anime was pretty cool and the concept was alright, it was slightly etherial, which normally I don't like but I did in this show. Then all of a sudden the show stopped at a really good part and I wanted to know what happened afterwards.

Now I know why the show stopped at a really good part, afterwards it gets really weird. What is going on with this manga, the art is amazing but the story is like someone is running out of ideas and then thinks of the most outlandish things to put on a paper as a plot and then drawing ensues. There is a lot of action but very little plot to follow, and if you can follow the plot then you deserve a phd.

You get a vague understanding of this plot by reading enough of the manga, but then there are like a hundred curve balls thrown in the mix. For instance, President Jonathan Ohama of the USA (Barack Obama) switches places with a japanese girl, and now a japanese girl is the president of the US in jonathan ohama's body while jonathan ohama is a teenage japanese girl who goes off kicking butt on AT's.

Will someone please explain to me why I keep reading this? I dread continuing with the manga even though I am up to date with it. The Mangaka's name is Oh Great! and that is how i feel only a little more sardonically.

If any of you read this manga, please tell me what you think and whether or not I am over reacting or if you suffer from the same affliction I do.
ME LIKE MANGA
28th October 2010 08:16 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Oh Great! is always like this, its the same with his other series Tenjou Tenge. If you read that you'll understand he just does very bazaar plots that confuse the hell out of you. Its because he's eccentric and always puts these huge deeper meanings behind everything that happens in the story that you have to understand or you wont get the plot.
So yeah your not the only one, i think everyone feels the same way.
28th October 2010 08:28 #3
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
yeah the plot is changing just before the first plot comes to an end
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
13th December 2010 10:37 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
I watched the anime and then I tried to read the manga and I didn't that far. So I am with you on that one...
Chemicalinsight
Meku meku
3rd February 2011 19:39 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
the anime is like sonic riders, but better!!!
Wave Master (波のマスター)
Aerial Combo Master (空気のコンボのマスター)
Element Master (要素のマスター)
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,