MANGA RECCOMENDER
10th October 2011 20:46 #121
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Eureka Seven - This has been on my "Want to read" list probably longer then any other manga, i wish i had read it sooner. It is an awesome manga. The story uis very nice and original. The characters are very diverse and likeable. The art is amazin which makes the action scenes even more vivid. The drama is also pretty touching. Overall, its a very nice and enhjoyable manga.

Renton Thurston's a young 14-year-old who is tired of his monotonous life. The only thing that makes him happy is when he "lifts," an extreme form of aerial hoverboarding. His feelings of frustration come from his life of toil in his Grandfather's garage and being the son of an enigmatic yet legendary "hero." One day, a large LFO (Light Finding Operation) craft called Nirvash falls from the sky and a beautiful young girl named Eureka emerges and asks for repairs. When a smitten Renton literally falls over himself to help her, the two begin a journey that will change both of their destinies.

Rating: 4.5/5

http://mangable.com/eureka_seven/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Mecha, Romance, Sci-Fi

This also has an anime.
Last edited: 10th October 2011 20:47 by AllenWalker

12th October 2011 03:29 #122
Regular User
  • Send Message
Nurarihyon no Mago- Great story line and interesting characters.

Rikuo Nura, a kid that is part human and a quarter youkai (demon), lives in a house full of spirits along with his grandfather. Trying to escape his fate of acting like a demon, he does good deeds in order to avoid becoming one. Despite his grandfather's wish to succeed him as master of the Nurari youkai clan. One-shot first published in 2007, turned into a series in 2008.

Rating:4.7/5

Genre: Shounen, Supernatural

Also has and anime.
I think I am a little crazy
16th October 2011 07:12 #123
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message

Vash the Stampede is a gunman on the run with a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head which has made it difficult for him to go anywhere without being chased and shot at. Because of the bounty, every town he ever visit ends up being destroyed because of his pursuers, and miracliously, no one ever gets killed. Meryl and Milly are two insurance agents that have been sent to find Vash the Stampede and keep him under surveillance so no more damage is caused. Meryl, who leads the pair, can't believe that the man they have met can possibly be the legendary gunman. This spikey haired, gangly, and blonde young man is extremely friendly, a pacifist, hates blood and suicide, absolutely loves donuts, and is a dork and a crybaby...there is no way he could he be Vash the Stampede, a notorious outlaw. However, there's more to Vash than just smiles and dounuts. Taken from this website.

Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi, Shounen

I gave it five out of five but Mangable did not register my vote so durn.

I really recommend this to anyone, it is really well done.

It made me laugh, it made me angry, it caused a grain of sawdust to get in my eyes and make them water(I don't cry ima man yo.) It probly is one of my all time favorite stories ever.
+There is also an anime which is equally if not more epic than the manga. But this is the manga recommender and I don't want to go into that because it is 2 AM and I need sleep

http://mangable.com/trigun/
Last edited: 16th October 2011 07:13 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
11th December 2011 19:59 #124
  • Send Message

Akira - This is one of the greatest manga ever and defintely one of the best i have ever read. It felt like was watching a movie (there actually is a film adaptation of this). Storyline is very well-written and pretty different from your average manga. The action scenes a are truly incredible and you can tell alot of work went into the backgrounds and characters themselves. It is very enjoyable it makes you want to read all 6 volumes (2182 pages) without stopping. It is truly amazing. This is a MUST.

In the year 2038. A police state, scheming politicians, religios sects, revolutionaries and a secret scientific project all combine to produce an explosive mixture in Neo-Tokyo. The rival groups all have their eyes on one prize: control of Akira, a boy of such destructive psychic ability that he has been held in cryo-stasis for over 30 years. A coup is planned, but there is a wild card in play: the psychic Tetsuo, an impetuous young biker who releases Akira and so forces all of the groups to make their move.

Rating: 10/5

Genre: Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk

This manga also has a movie.

http://www.mangareader.net/101/akira.html

REMINDER: YOU'VE GOT TILL THE COMING DECEMBER 16th 11:59PM (Friday) FOR ROUND 1 VOTES, PLEASE VOTE ASAP!!!!

Also, i will start Round 2 Votes on December 17th and end the 21st, instead of Dec. 21-23rd.
11th December 2011 20:00 #125
  • Send Message
Sorry double post
Last edited: 11th December 2011 20:00 by AllenWalker

31st January 2012 21:00 #126
Regular User
  • Send Message
i have loved reading the Dengeki Daisy serise so far plz recomend others like it x
31st January 2012 21:00 #127
Regular User
  • Send Message
i have loved reading the Dengeki Daisy serise so far plz recomend others like it x
17th February 2012 09:18 #128
Regular User
  • Send Message
i like kimi no iru machi. the manga told a love story and gives me a warm feeling.
22nd April 2012 00:30 #129
  • Send Message

Onani Master Kurosawa - This is really a fantastic manga. DO NOT be fooled by the title or synopsis. You are not going to find any images really "inappropriate". However, if that is what is holding you back, then dont let do so. That was the same reason i avoided reading it until i read an excellent review about the issues the character faces. This is an amazing story of heartbreak, triumph, redemption, love, regret and social isolationism. It is a definite must.

Onani- means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

Rating: 5/5

Genre: Drama, Parody, Romance, School, Psychological, Seinen

http://mangable.com/onani_master_kurosawa/
Last edited: 22nd April 2012 01:05 by AllenWalker

1st May 2012 14:57 #130
Regular User
  • Send Message
http://mangable.com/forums/general-manga/2010-how-come-the-voodoist-priest-wasnt-mentioned.html
25th May 2012 00:30 #131
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Anagle Mole

Word of warning, licensed. It is a really good read though! If you want to read it you'll have to find it somewhere else or maybe request it here but like I said it's licensed. If you want to read it and can't find it for some reason message me and I'll provide you a link so you can get started.
Luchiru is a Majin who lives beneath the surface of the earth.

He was sent on the surface of the earth as a Spy who will gather information in order to defeat the humans who is living above it.
But the problem is "Majin's have a different understanding about Humans, they strongly believe that the Human Race are far more superior than Majin's in every sort of way, but in fact it is the other way around.

How would Luchiru survive in the Human World where he has different point of views on the strength of Human that he Strongly believe that just a touch would make him combust and be disintegrated in an instant?!

Rating 4.95/ 5

Genre= Action/Comedy/Shounen
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
25th May 2012 02:15 #132
Regular User
  • Send Message
I agree with Mx0 being a great series. I'd give it 5/5.

For those who loved that series, I highly recommend this:

Pretty Face
As you can see it's done by the same person who did Mx0. It's one of their most recent stories.

Site Rating: 5/5

Randoh Masashi, a self-centered, brash karate star, was the victim of a horrific bus accident that left him comatose, his face terribly disfigured by extensive burns. Genius plastic surgeon Dr. Manabe saved Rando's life and went to work on his face, gradually reconstructing it based on a photograph found in the wreckage of the bus. When Randoh wakes up from his coma, a year has passed, and Dr. Manabe has made remarkable progress. But in a cruel twist of fate, the photo that the doctor used as his reference was not a picture of Randoh, but of Rina Kurimi, the girl whom Randoh has a crush on!

http://mangable.com/pretty_face/

Doubt
Categories: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Shounen
Site Rating: 4.8/5

There's a game going around Japan called 'Rabbit Doubt'. The premise of the game is that all of the players are rabbits in a colony, and one amongst them is randomly chosen to be a wolf that infiltrated the group of rabbits. Every round, the wolf kills off a rabbit, and every round, the group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise. Sometimes the kids who play this game decide to meet up in person, and Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have done just that. Unfortunately, one of them has decided to take on the mantle of the wolf and has already killed once. Who is the wolf, and can they be stopped before everyone meets a very unpleasant end?

http://mangable.com/doubt/

Cage of Eden
I'm obsessed with this manga cause of all the chaos in it!

Categories: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Shounen
Site Rating: 4.6/5
My Rating: 5/5

Akira and his classmates are travelling on a plane when it crashes onto an island inhabited by species thought to have been extinct. The situation becomes increasingly desperate as some of Akira's classmates are eaten alive, while some kill others in desperation. Now Akira and a few other survivors are trying to survive what seems to be a horrible nightmare.

http://mangable.com/cage_of_eden/
PLEASE COMMENT HERE to support the chat room idea!

Facebook Profile
DeviantART Profile
Chatango Profile
25th May 2012 22:45 #133
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Salynn

Doubt
Site Rating: 4.8/5

There's a game going around Japan called 'Rabbit Doubt'. The premise of the game is that all of the players are rabbits in a colony, and one amongst them is randomly chosen to be a wolf that infiltrated the group of rabbits. Every round, the wolf kills off a rabbit, and every round, the group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise. Sometimes the kids who play this game decide to meet up in person, and Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have done just that. Unfortunately, one of them has decided to take on the mantle of the wolf and has already killed once. Who is the wolf, and can they be stopped before everyone meets a very unpleasant end?

http://mangable.com/doubt/

If you enjoy Doubt, there's also this:

Site Rating 5/5

Hiro's brother Atsuya is dating Hiro's childhood friend and secret crush Hikari. Hiro's affection for Hikari will lead him to commit an un-punishable crime against his older brother. At least, he thinks it is un-punishable, until he is kidnapped and imprisoned by a group of people wearing animal masks. The judging is about to start!

It's basically the same concept as Doubt, and is a twisted, bloody, psychological story about sin and repentance.
COME CHAT WITH US: MANGABLE CHAT
23rd August 2012 02:34 #134
Regular User
  • Send Message
hey
is there any manga with great art as good as Vagabond ?
25th September 2012 08:41 #135
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
wow its been over a 1 year since I posted on here

The Bride of the Water God

When Soah's impoverished, desperate village decides to sacrifice her to the Water God Habaek to end a long drought, they believe that drowning one beautiful girl will save their entire community and bring much-needed rain. Not only is Soah surprised to be rescued by the Water God-instead of killed-she never imagined she'd be a welcomed guest in Habaek's magical kingdom, where an exciting new life awaits her! Most surprising, however, is the Water God himself... and how very different he is from the monster Soah imagined.

4.5/5

unfortunately this series is not on mangable and people have already stated asking for it. Join us

http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1388-the-bride-of-the-water-god.html

on another note.....
Originally posted by AllenWalker

Sword Art Online - So far its pretty interesting. I like the plot line of this manga, its pretty good. I hope more chapters are added. I believe so far it has 6 volumes or more.

The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Game over means actual 'death' ----

The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' have been forced into this perilous death game.

Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'.

He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'.

To meet the conditions of clearing the game --- getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Rating: 3.5/5

http://mangable.com/sword_art_online/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi, Shounen

there is a manga on this series???????
Last edited: 25th September 2012 08:45 by uni2123

Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,