MANGA RECCOMENDER
8th May 2011 21:01 #106
Regular User
  • Send Message
Personally, my favorite manga of all time is Detective Conan. It doesn't seem to be very popular because people are afraid of its monstrous length. (774 chapters, and *checks detectiveconanworld.com* 613 anime episodes, and is celebrating its 15th anniversary in movies and anime! 17th manga year!)

This photo is from the tenth movie, but it shows a lot of the characters.
The plot is (copy and pasted from detectiveconanworld.com) The story follows the adventures of Shinichi Kudo (also known as Jimmy Kudo in Case Closed), a prodigious young detective who was inadvertently transformed into a child due to a poison. He renames himself Conan Edogawa to hide his real identity in order to protect his beloved ones.
It's a somewhat lame summary, but it works. Don't read or watch the English versions of both the manga or the anime. They americanized the names. I hope more people'll read it! (and join detectiveconanworld.com/forum if they love it. It's a great forum)

Aeyra Vind
Phantom
16th May 2011 00:47 #107
Regular User
  • Send Message
hey i just finished and or am all caught up with the manga I'm reading right now!!!! I want a Shojo actually to read right now like Dengeki Daisy!!! something with good art and not just love'y dove'y but struggles like that one!
Can anyone help meeee plzzzzzz!!!?????
Imagination is Everything

From the day I was born, until I die, the side I am on is my own.

Names Julien by the way!
21st May 2011 18:04 #108
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
Unfortunately my posts on this thread will be on hiatus for a couple of weeks because i am studying for my academic exams.

@sirfrolov i havent read Dengeki Daisy but some good romance mangas i have read are Moe Kare, Ultra Maniac & Nousatsu Rock Shounen. Look for their summaries throughout the pages on this thread.
28th May 2011 20:08 #109
Regular User
  • Send Message
d. gray-man, tsubasa reservoir chronicle, xxxholic, nurarihyon no mago, ouran high school host club, perfect girl evolution, glass mask, hayate the combat butler, kuroshitsuji, inuyasha, one piece, bleach, rurouni kenshin, full metal alchemist, legend of sun knight, 1/2 prince, defense devil, +anima, +c sword and cornett, fruits basket, ao no exorcist, ayashi no ceres, black cat, fairy tail, fate/stay night, chrno crusade, fire emblem-hasha no tsurugi, flame of recca, clannad, d.n.angel, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, lucky star, claymore, death note, full moon wo sagashite, nabari no ou, spiral: the bonds of reasoning, alice 19th, gintama, king of hell.
And thats all i can think of for now...
∞infinity∞
9th June 2011 07:27 #110
Regular User
  • Send Message
So many good manga to list but I'll keep it short

Tokyo Crazy Paradise
Black Cat
Kimi Wa Pet
Beauty Pop
Good Luck
The World Only God Knows (number two recommendation)
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Special A
Cat Street
Welcome to the NHK (this one is my number one recommendation)
Nana
19th June 2011 10:25 #111
not you
  • Send Message
Lucifer and the biscuit hammer.

this one is suuper awesome. it's not on mangable but its freaking awesome.
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
19th June 2011 10:51 #112
Regular User
  • Send Message
hell yea just finished readin biscuit hammer for the 2nd time now and i still cried at certain parts. which made me question my manliness. rofl
It isn't negativity, it's just being realistic.
21st June 2011 07:53 #113
not you
  • Send Message
dw bro

manly tears
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
28th June 2011 23:35 #114
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
TOGARI: http://mangable.com/togari/

Categories: Action, Mature, Seinen, Supernatural

In Hell, Tobe has been tortured for 300 years now, and his spirit to be free doesn't show any signs of fading. So Tobe is given a final chance to make up for all his sins he committed while alive on Earth, he must use the legendary sword Togari to defeat and destroy a 108 Sins in 108 days. Now Tobe is sent to modern day Japan, where things aren't exactly like he remembered, and defeat the 108 Sins in time, so he can be free again.

But the story isnt limited to only a mindless hunt of a brutal criminal you will be able to see the development and the growth of humans and also their dark sides ion this story.
29th June 2011 18:33 #115
Regular User
  • Send Message
I think everyone should read Noblesse, this is a korean webtoon with great art, good battles and a story that make the one week waiting for the update look like a month!!
You guys should read it!!
30th June 2011 10:11 #116
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
Eternal Sabbath: http://mangable.com/eternal_sabbath/

Categories: Drama, Psychological, Sci-fi, Seinen, Supernatural

Ryousuke Akiba calls himself ES, a code name taken from a mysterious scientific experiment. Ryousuke will live to be at least two centuries old and possesses strange mental powers: He can enter people's minds, discover their darkest secrets, even rearrange their memories so that complete strangers will treat him like family. Ryousuke acts not out of malice but for survival-wandering Tokyo for reasons known only to him. No one recognizes him for what he is ... until Dr. Mine Kujyou, a determined researcher, meets someone who challenges everything she knows about science- ES, possessor of the Eternal Sabbath gene. But is he the only one?
12th August 2011 18:41 #117
  • Send Message

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (AKA Reborn!) - Many of you amy be reading this amnga or have at least heard of it or seen it on this site, but if you aren't reading it, then you should be. This manga is really cool. It has the same concept as Bleach and Naruto, the weak protagaonist are foreced to gain strength for their own particualr reasons. If you like those too then you'll like this. This mangas main plot unfold very slowly. More than half of the first 100 chapters seem to just be random adventures, however i recommend reading them so that you may know all the characters and also to get a good laugh from the loads of hilarious characters, especially Gokudera and Lambo. This manga is totally underrated in the US, they should bring the anime here already.

Sawada Tsunayoshi is regular boy who has never excelled in sports, school or social life, thus being named "No Good Tsuna". Everyday, he leads just a normal life, living with his mother, while his father is away for work. But the thing Tsunayoshi doesn't know is that his family is actual lineage of the great Mafia Boss, the first head of Vongola, Giotto.

Because of the Sawada history, Tsuna has been chosen to become tenth head of the Vongola family, an infamous Italian mafia family which rules the Mafia world. To become worthy of the title, Tsuna is being aided by professional hitman and infant, Reborn, who takes the role of Tsunayoshi's mafia tutor.

Rating: 10/5

http://mangable.com/katekyo_hitman_reborn/

Genre: Action, Comedy, School, Shounen, Super Power

If you like this, then you may also like

http://mangable.com/bleach/, http://mangable.com/naruto/, http://mangable.com/ao_no_exorcist/

This also has an anime.

One Again i apologize for my absence, i was on vacation this time, and i've been busying catching up on the latest manga chapters that i havent read. I'll continue to mangas after i caught up. However, i will only continue to post completed or soon to be completed mangas. Why? because i dont have the time to be reading 100 mangas at the same time lo and also im down to my last 3 mangas that i want to read (Akira, World Embryo, Welcome to NHK). I will only continue to post mangas frequently until after the Mangable Awards 2011, after that i may post mangas sporadically throughout the year. Why? again because i dont really have time anymore to be doing all this. I'm sorry, but once again thank you to all the viewers of my recommenders. I appreciate it.

P.S. i only said manga, i will continue to post new animes as frequently as possble until further noticed.

THANK YOU FOR READING
Last edited: 12th August 2011 19:15 by AllenWalker

13th August 2011 11:56 #118
Regular User
  • Send Message
thank you for telling me about soo many great manga's
keep up the good work
15th August 2011 19:40 #119
Regular User
  • Send Message
i watched the anime first (now it needs a second season!) and now i've just finished the manga but i still want more! So i'm asking in desperation if someone can recomend a manga or anime like Ouran High School Host Club please! It was wonderful and I totally recomend it
-Six Feet Under The Stars-
{Your Pulse, It Races With Mine
And I Swear We Can Take The World}
30th August 2011 23:05 #120
  • Send Message

Sengoku Armors - This kind of reminded me of Rurouni Kenshin, it couldve been something great if hadnt been rushed. Its similarity with RuroKen is that both protagonists watn to protect the ones they love and wish not fight, they only want peace. The only difference is Akechi (Sengoku Armors) is perverted, whereas Kenshin is a very innocent and composed individual. Both are also samurai. Sengoku armors also has alot of comedy within every chapter. It has good artwork and a good story. Eventhough, i feel it is a bit rushed, overall its a good read, try it.

10 years after the killing of Oda Nobunaga, allegedly through the betrayal of his follower Akechi Mitsuhide, Nobunaga's 16-year-old daughter is being sent to the current ruler of Japan, the cruel Toyotomi Hideyoshi. En route, she is rescued by two mysterious, powerful monks. Her mistrust of their intentions only deepens when she learns that one of them, who calls himself Tenkai, possesses one of the powerful weapons known as "Sodomu." Tenkai's plans will only become clear when his secrets are revealed! Hopefully, he can show Nobunaga's daughter that the power of "Sodomu" can be used for good as well as evil!

Rating: 3.5/5

Genre: Action, Comedy, Historical, Shounen

If you like this, then you may also like http://mangable.com/rurouni_kenshin/

If you are interested in reading this manga please request it here http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1445-sengoku-armors.html
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,