MANGA RECCOMENDER
26th March 2011 03:15 #91
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Mashima-en - A compilation of shor stories by Hiro Mashima(Fairy Tail & Rave). It even contains the original Fairy Tail. Overall this is a good read of nice light-hearted stories

Summary:
A collection of one-shots by Mashima Hiro

Vol 1:
Magician
Fairy Tale
Cocona
Plue's Adventures Pt. II

Vol 2:
Bad Boys Song
Magic Party
Christmas Hearts
Fighting Group Mixture

Rating: 3.75/5

NOT YET AVAILABLE ON MANGABLE, REQUEST HERE http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1123-mashima-en-by-hiro-mashima.html

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Dementia, Drama, Ecchi, Magic, Martial Arts, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like http://mangable.com/fairy_tail/, http://mangable.com/rave/

@IAmPanda, i havent read Alive or Elfen Lied (I plan to though), but if your looking for something sad try Clannad, i havent read it but the movie was pretty saddening.
Last edited: 26th March 2011 15:58 by AllenWalker

28th March 2011 07:13 #92
Regular User
  • Send Message
If you are looking for some comedy romance manga.. here are some of my recommendation..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Pearl Pink; Tennen Paaru Pinku ' by Meca Tanaka

"BUCKLE UP AND GET READY FOR A BUMPY RIDE DOWN THE ROAD TO TRUE LOVE! "
Summary: When the sweet, bubbly Tamoko meets the ever-so-serious Kanji, romantic sparks begin to fly. But Kanji's father runs a model agency, and Tamoko is the daughter of their top-selling diva Shinju, so things become a bit complicated, to say the least. Tamako must hide the fact she is Shinju's daughter to save public face, but at the same time, she is determined to be an ideal partner for her man...and it doesn't help that Tamako is pretty clumsy and a tiny bit clueless. But no matter what she's faced with, she's not about to give up!
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo
Type: Japanese Manga
# of Chapters: 21
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/tennen_pearl_pink/
Here are some of Meca Tanaca's work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Beast Master' by Motomi Kyousuke

Summary: Yuiko Kubozuka is a high school girl who loves animals. Unfortunately, animals hate her and flee from her whenever possible. So when a new classmate, Leo Aoi, turns out to be a scary guy who resembles a wild animal than anything human, she is intrigued. Not only because Leo has an affinity with animals which she envies, but also because he isn’t the wild animal that he seems to be. He seems to hide a very sweet disposition behind his scary features. Or so she thought. The truth is revealed when they are attacked and Leo immediately behaves like a wild animal and gets violent like a blood-thirsty animal, just to save Yuiko. Will Yuiko be able to tame this wildest of all animals or will he be just like the others and flee from her? Or the better question, will she flee from him?
Genre: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
# of Chapters: 4
http://mangable.com/beast_master/
If you find the story of this manga is interesting.. try reading some of Motomi Kyousuke work...

'Beauty Pop' by Arai Kiyoko

Summary: Kiri Koshiba uses her magnificent hairstyling talents to help brighten up the lives of girls, but she does so anonymously. On the other hand, Scissors Project, "SP", an egoistic but noteworthy group made up of three boys at school, gives grand makeovers to handpicked girls. Shougo Narumi, the head of the group and a hairstyling genius in his own right, finds himself butting heads with Kiri. To make matters worse, Ochiai, another member of SP, plots to expose Kiri's talents. As much as Kiri tries to shy away from the spotlight, she finds herself drawn into the world of hairstyling. --- Aside of all the chaos, Ochiai develops a special affection for Kiri. But it seems Narumi and Kiri are also developing feelings for each other.
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice Of Life
#of Chapters: 51
http://mangable.com/beauty_pop/

'Cherry Juice' by Fukushima Haruka

Summary: When an awkward love-triangle forms between step-siblings Otome and Minami and their best friend, Amane, this sweet romantic comedy will leave you wanting more...and more...and more!
Genre: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
# of Chapters: 20
http://mangable.com/cherry_juice/
If you like the story of this manga.. try reading some of Fukushima Haruka's work...

No matter how SMART you are, your HEART always makes you DUMB.

Secret is like a CANCER. If you dissect it and remove it, you can treat it. But if you leave it alone, it`ll just keep spreading. It`ll keep growing until you die, from your insides.

http://mangable.com/holyland/... One of the best manga ever!!
read it people.. it's good!
10th April 2011 01:19 #93
  • Send Message

The Meteor - This is a really good manga. The story is great. It has some interesting characters. Has potential to turn into something like Battle Royale.

Kawana Tomoko, a 15 year school girl, doesn’t care about much. Everything from her social life to school life is a blur. One summer day, while waiting at a bus stop, Tomoko finds herself waiting with her classmates, Sasajima Miyuki, Yatomi and Sannou. There are nasty rumors flying around about Tomoko and how she had relations with Yamashita, a teacher at their school. As the group boards the bus and the awkwardness reaches its max, a meteor comes out of nowhere and hits the bus sending everything into a frenzy.

Rating: 4/5

http://mangable.com/meteor/

Genre: Action, Horror, Psychological, Seinen, Tragedy

If you like this, then you may also like http://mangable.com/battle_royale/, http://mangable.com/diece/, http://mangable.com/aphorism/
Last edited: 10th April 2011 01:20 by AllenWalker

11th April 2011 18:32 #94
Regular User
  • Send Message
Um So Im not really good at these recommendation things cuz what I look for in Manga and stuff is kinda weird sometimes but I am reading "Berserk" right now and like it quite a bit.

Its Hella Twisted and Morbid. Um really set for a mature audience with a lot of blood/gore and nudity. . . Not good Nudity though.
I recommend it though still cuz I like Twisted and a total Bad A** main character.
Imagination is Everything

From the day I was born, until I die, the side I am on is my own.

Names Julien by the way!
13th April 2011 09:19 #95
Regular User
  • Send Message
Durarara!!

Durarara!! is about a number of unusual people who gather in Ikebukuro, Tokyo--- a youth who yearns for an un-mundane life, a hoodlum, a stalker denpa-girl, a young man who deals in information ‘for fun’, a black-market doctor, a high-schooler obsessed with magic, as well as a ‘headless rider’ riding a bike painted black.

These unusual people begin a series of abnormal stories that never fail to create headaches. But, although their personalities are all twisted— they still talk about love.

yea its manga isn't "AMAZING!!!" but the anime was superb.

rating for manga 3/5 for anime 5/5

http://mangable.com/durarara/

Author: Narita Ryohgo
Artist: Narita Ryohgo

Chapters: 13 - ongoing

Read From: Read from right to left.

Views: 63,258

Categories: Action, Comedy, Drama, Shounen

if you want more just go watch the anime. enjoy!!
It isn't negativity, it's just being realistic.
13th April 2011 09:38 #96
Regular User
  • Send Message
whoops didn't realize i had tons more to recommend this could take a while.

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi

Chapters: 65 - ongoing

Views: 388,768

Categories: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Seinen, Supernatural

The world is in mortal peril. Sir Noi Crezant, the Lizard Knight, has been sent to gain the aid of the great warrior Amamiya Yuuhi in hopes of finding the Princess Samidare and protecting the planet from the incredible 'Biscuit Hammer' poised to crack the Earth in two. Unfortunately Yuuhi wants no part of it, and the Princess doesn't prove to be the shining 'hero of justice' role model that Noi had hoped for.

the summary makes the manga sound truly lame but trust me its worth the read

rating 5/5

not sure if this one was posted or not but forgive me for not wantin to go through 7 pages of posts to find out.

Zero no Tsukaima

Author: Yamaguchi Noboru
Artist: Yamaguchi Noboru

Chapters: 36 - ongoing

Views: 189,788

Categories: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Shounen

The continent of Halkeginia is tumultuous--a place where the various kingdoms, princedoms, dukedoms, and fiefdoms strive against each other to expand their domains. They nobility scheme and plot among themselves to gain influence to their lieges or to even foreign lieges. In the middle of Halkeginia is the small but important kingdom of Tristein. The most notable fact about this kingdom is the Tristein Academy of Magic where nobility from all over the world come to study magic so they can become magi. Although friendships will form across national boundaries at this school, will they survive the politics and games of the world at large once they leave?

Louise is a student at Tristein Magical Academy. She is known to be quite a screw up when it comes to her magic. One day, a ceremony takes place where each student is to call forth a being or entity that will become his or her familiar. For Louise, her familiar comes in the form of a boy named Hiraga Saito. Somehow, he managed to get transported from his world into hers, and shortly after became her familiar.

another good one that was also probably already added

Darren Shan

Author: Arai Takahiro
Artist: Arai Takahiro

Chapters: 64 - ongoing

Views: 674,566

Categories: Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

Darren Shan's an ordinary schoolboy, until he and his best friend Steve get tickets to the Cirque Du Freak, a bizarre freak show featuring such arcane performers. In the midst of the ghoulish excitement, true terror raises its head when Steve recognises that one of the performers -- Mr Crepsley -- is in fact a vampire! That's when the hands of fate changes the lives of them forever!

Based on the english novel series Cirque Du Freak by author Darren Shan

just goin down my list of 200+ manga findin good 1s

Veritas

Author: Kim Dong-hoon
Artist: Kim Dong-hoon

Chapters: 81 - ongoing

Read From: Read from left to right.

Views: 739,789

Categories: Action, Fantasy, Manhwa, Martial Arts, Shounen, Supernatural

Kangryong is a high schooler unlike others. He has always had a dream of being the strongest. One day he meets Youcheon, who teaches him a powerful skill. One year later, people come to see him and announce that his "master" is dead. Because he was his only student, Kangryong has to follow them and go to a school where everybody has supernatural powers.

Beck
If you have time this is the manga for you each chapter has around 60- 120 pages so yeah its a long read took me round a week of nothin but readin sleepin and games.

Author: Sakuishi Harold
Artist: Sakuishi Harold

Chapters: 102 - complete

Views: 639,664

Categories: Anime, Drama, Music, Shounen

For the first 14 years of his life, Yukio Tanaka has been one heck of a boring guy. He has no hobbies, weak taste in music, and only a small vestige of a personality. He yearns for an exciting life, but his shy, and somewhat neurotic personality make him his own worst enemy. Little does he know that his life will be forever changed when he meets Ryusuke Minami, a wild and unpredictable 16-year old fresh from America, who happens to be in a rock-and-roll band named after his Frankenstein-like patched dog--Beck.

to aru majutsu no index

Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Kamachi Kazuma

Chapters: 43 - ongoing

Views: 233,915

Categories: Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

In the story, Tōma Kamijo is an ordinary high school boy with terrible academic scores and a power called Imagine Breaker. Imagine Breaker can defeat any other power, but it also undermines Kamijo's own good luck. His Imagine Breaker's immense strength is literally immeasurable, so hapless Kamijo is listed at the supernatural level of 0. He happens to meet a girl in white hanging off his window balcony. The girl says she is being chased by sorcerers, and Kamijō learns that the girl is a Church of England nun whose memories have been forcibly replaced by Index- Librorum-Prohibitorum - the 103,000 forbidden texts of the Church.
13th April 2011 10:02 #97
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea ive still got more

to aru kagaku no railgun

Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Kamachi Kazuma

Chapters: 35 - ongoing

Views: 120,468

Categories: Action, Anime, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Seinen, Supernatural

The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

‘University City.’ 2.3 million inhabitants.
80% of the students are active in the ‘Brain Development Program’ and out of those only 7 are Level 5s.

Meet the civilian protagonist Mikoto and her friend Kuroko, maintainers of peace and order at the University district, as members of the 'Judgment'.

NOTE: Spin-off of "To Aru Majutsu no Index"

Maken- ki

Author: Takeda Hiromitsu
Artist: Takeda Hiromitsu

Chapters: 34 - ongoing

Views: 324,827

Categories: Action, Ecchi, Martial Arts, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural

the summary is so lame it brings shame to the series so i'll post my own.
even tho i suck at any type of writing it will still be better than the description.

main character has the all so common nullification ability. his weakness won't hit girls( yet another cliche) anyway they go to a school. where ability users reside. within the school their is a group that inforces the rules(cant remember specifics) that group is called maken ki.

don't let my shitty description deter you from readin the series it truly is good.

XD just realized the main characters name is the same as the authors.

Immortal Regis

Author: Ga Onbi
Artist: Ga Onbi

Chapters: 44 - complete

Views: 336,882

Categories: Action, Manhwa, Shounen, Supernatural

One day, suddenly... a night where the moon shines like never before, a boy meets the otherworldly Serin, a denizen of Chaos, only to die and become the undead. Now immortal, he can no longer exist with humans due to an ancient law... A tale of revelations that begins as he returns to Chaos, the start of a new adventure!

Cavalier of the Abyss

Author: Ga On-Bi
Artist: Ga On-Bi

Chapters: 40 - ongoing

Views: 332,478

Categories: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Manhwa, Shounen, Supernatural

Sequel to Immortal Regis.

Witch Hunter

One of the best manhwa i've ever read

Author: Cho Jung-man
Artist: Cho Jung-man

Chapters: 58 - ongoing

Views: 678,861

Categories: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Manhwa, Shounen, Supernatural

Witches suddenly declare war against humans, causing two-thirds of the world to fall apart. They summon monsters called "Supporters" and devastate human residences... but why?

Survivors gather people with the power to combat the witches and called them Witch Hunters! Tasha Godspell is one of the strongest nicknamed "The Marksman" along with his "Jack-O-Lantern" looking Supporter. He fights the witches but cannot really bring himself to hate them...

Well that it for me for today i'll post more another time hope there were some unique ones in my list/s xD
15th April 2011 02:31 #98
Regular User
  • Send Message
I realize i didnt give 4/5 or so on and so forth so just assume its either 4/5 or 5/5

I keep realizin i shoulda added certain 1s here is a really good 1

Code Breaker

http://mangable.com/files/images/logos/code_breaker.jpg

Author: Kamijyo Akimine
Artist: Kamijyo Akimine

Chapters: 121 - ongoing

Views: 1,012,554

Categories: Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Shounen, Supernatural

Sakurakouji Sakura is a girl who appears modest and graceful but in reality is skilled in martial arts. After witnessing a boy burning people with his blue flame, she is startled to see the same boy is a transfer student, Oogami Rei.

5/5
really funny

also can any1 tell me how to add the pic
Last edited: 27th April 2011 23:20 by tbsikkema

23rd April 2011 21:27 #99
  • Send Message

Silver Spoon - Wow Hiromu Arakawa went into a totally different direction from her last work, FullMetal Alchemist. Yet, its AWESOME. I love Silver Spoon. It already has the potential to be a great manga. One thing that Hiromu did retain from FMA was its comedy, and its actually funnier than FMA. Definitely read it.

Set in the fictional "Oyezo Agricultural High School" in Hokkaido. It depicts the daily life of Yugo Hachiken, a student from Sapporo who, unlike his new classmates, has no intention of following an agricultural career after graduating, but instead decided to study there under the misguided notion that he could easily be the top student in the class.

Rating: 4.5/5 (May become higher as the manga goes on)

NOT YET AVAILABLE ON MANGABLE, REQUEST HERE http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1191-silver-spoon-by-hiromu-arakawa.html

Genre: Comedy, School Life, Shounen, Slice of Life

If you like this manga, then you may like http://mangable.com/full_metal_alchemist/

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender.
Last edited: 26th April 2011 21:53 by AllenWalker

24th April 2011 08:36 #100
Regular User
  • Send Message
really can some1 tell me how to add the pic i would like to fix my previous posts by adding the pic to the corrosponding manga
25th April 2011 11:26 #101
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by AllenWalker

Silver Spoon - Wow Hiromu Arakawa went into a totally different direction from her last work, FullMetal Alchemist. Yet, its AWESOME. I love Silver Spoon. It already has the potential to be a great manga. One thing that Hiromu did retain from FMA was its comedy, and its actually funnier than FMA. Definitely read it.

Rating: 4.5/5 (May become higher as the manga goes on)

NOT YET AVAILABLE ON MANGABLE, REQUEST HERE http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1191-silver-spoon-by-hiromu-arakawa.html

Genre: Comedy, School Life, Shounen, Slice of Life

If you like this manga, then you may like http://mangable.com/full_metal_alchemist/

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender.

I saw so many character resemblances
26th April 2011 22:15 #102
  • Send Message

Fairy Tail x Rave - OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! This is the one-shot EVER!!! Hiro Mashima finally did it, a crossoever between Rave and Fairy Tail. Its fricking awesome. This is a definite MUST for Fairy Tail and Rave fans.

In a town far away, Lucy, Natsu and Happy, from Mashima's Fairy Tail manga, are on a mission to find a troublemaker and deal with her. Due to unknown circumstances they get separated.

The same happens to Elie and Haru, from Mashima's Rave Master manga.

Lucy and Elie manage to meet each other and together they try to find their respective partners..

Rating: 10/5

NOT YET AVAILABLE ON MANGABLE, REQUEST HERE http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1199-fairy-tail-x-rave.html

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen, Super Power

If you like this, then you may also like http://mangable.com/fairy_tail/, http://mangable.com/rave/

Originally posted by tbsikkema
really can some1 tell me how to add the pic i would like to fix my previous posts by adding the pic to the corrosponding manga

To post picture click the and then paste the picture's image address(url) and then hit enter.

Also, i added the plot summary to Silver Spoon.
Last edited: 26th April 2011 22:16 by AllenWalker

27th April 2011 23:21 #103
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea idk y but it won't work on the computer im usin
1st May 2011 22:45 #104
  • Send Message

AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei - This is developing into a pretty good manga. I love the plot and the fact that its based on actual people. The art and comedy are good too. This could develop into one of my favorite mangas.

This manga based on the ever popular AKB48 group. This series is about a guy called Urakawa Minoru crossdressing as a girl to participate in a female idol group audition (akb48). The main objective is to help the girl he likes, Yoshinaga Hiroko, pass the audition. Yoshinaga Hiroko's dream is to become like her favourite idol who is in the akb48 group. This audition happens to be her final try, so Minoru crossdresses as Minori and took part in the audition to make sure she realizes her dream. Hiroko got qualified eventually, however, the shocking news was Minoru was qualified as well. Thus, the road to becoming a female idol begins...

Rating: 4/5

NOT YET AVAILABLE ON MANGABLE, REQUEST HERE http://mangable.com/forums/request-new-series/1209-akb49--renai-kinshi-jourei.html

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Gender Bender

OMFG!!! 2000+ VIEWS, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! LETS AIM FOR 5000+ BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS!!!

@Tbs tell Andy about whatever problem your having by messaging him, im sure he'll have a solution
Last edited: 1st May 2011 23:29 by AllenWalker

8th May 2011 17:56 #105
  • Send Message
No new manga this week, unfortunately i have to prepare for exams =[. However, i plan on addng one next week because i have now started the road to finish all the manga i want to read. There are only five left, but i will continue to post as many manga as i can.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,