MANGA RECCOMENDER
27th January 2011 00:18 #46
Regular User
  • Send Message
Thanks i'll try 'em out, although i did read moe kare and i absolutley loved it! but thx anyways!
27th January 2011 20:31 #47
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid
Dears

i would give it a 4/5

it is funny, has hot aliens and a protagonist that is a bit afraid of aliens.

but if you dont like ecchi you shouldnt read this one
who am i kidding everybody likes ecchi

Pervy MrAcid
Imagination is Everything

From the day I was born, until I die, the side I am on is my own.

Names Julien by the way!
28th January 2011 00:46 #48
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by sirfrolov
Originally posted by MrAcid
Dears

i would give it a 4/5

it is funny, has hot aliens and a protagonist that is a bit afraid of aliens.

but if you dont like ecchi you shouldnt read this one
who am i kidding everybody likes ecchi

Pervy MrAcid

what who doesnt like ecchi manga

oh and thanks, i guess.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
28th January 2011 10:32 #49
not you
  • Send Message
rappi rangai is okay, specially if you like sekirei or sora no otoshimono or those types of mangas.
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
28th January 2011 12:52 #50
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by shojomangafreak21
okay.. i only like romance/shoujo/ecchi/comedy mangas. No action, supernatural, etc.. I've read quite a bit already, but looking for another good series. can anyone help?

heres more if u want: (what i can think of right now anyways - but if i remmember more i'll tell u!)

B.O.D.Y (!)
Beauty pop – (hmm yeah that’s quite a good 1)
7th period is a secret (really short but not bad)
Boyfriend (not bad either)
Oh and Kare First Love!
never judge a book by it's cover!' - never get bored of this quote!
u can call me Mana!

28th January 2011 13:00 #51
Regular User
  • Send Message
one book i really recommend:
........................................................................................................

GOKUSEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.........................................................................................................

YOU SHOULD DIFFENITLY READ IT!
the drawing stile is not exactly the best (not my type; not the way i usualy like it anyways - no ofence there thought )
but it sure is one of the best manga!

Categories: Action, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Josei

here's what it is about:

Yamaguchi Kumiko is the granddaughter of a Yakuza boss and is completely at peace with the fact that she is the heir of her grandfather's empire. However, she leaves most of that up to the rest of the family and their talented lawyer, whom's she has more than a slight crush on. Instead, Yakumi works hard to fulfill her hearts desire to be a teacher. But she must hide her background so she doesn't get fired from her first teaching job, which is at a school filled with tough kids and difficult students..... (and u'll find out the rest ur self.... )

http://mangable.com/gokusen/
Last edited: 28th January 2011 13:01 by mangaLuVeR

u can call me Mana!

29th January 2011 03:35 #52
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Tokyo Rock Shounen - This seems to be a compilation of short stories. They all seem to revolve around music-related romance. The stories are pretty good. My fave was the first.

Mai dreams of being a rock star, but her band suddenly breaks up. Then, in front of Mai who's on the brink of losing hope, appears an unfashionable guy who says he likes her voice. With the help of this dull-looking guy, Mai gains some popularity, but wait, that guy is actually...!?

Note: That is the plot summary for the first story.

Rating: 3.25/5

http://mangable.com/tokyo_rock_shounen/

Genre: Comedy, One Shot, Romance, Shoujo

If you like this, then you may also like Nousatsu Rock Shounen, Beck

Busou Renkin - Another great story by Nobuhiro Watsuki(RuroKen). It has great action. The comedy is alright, but thats made up forr in the romance. Really good TRY IT!!

Buso Renkin is the story of teenager Kazuki Muto, who dies trying to save a girl who was being attacked by an eerie monster. The next morning, however, Kazuki is left wondering whether it was all a dream. Lo and behold, the girl, the monster, and his death are all real! The girl, Tokiko Tsumura, was actually trying to slay the homunculus (a beast that can take the form of humans, but whose main source of food is people), but Kazuki got in her way. To revive Kazuki, Tokiko replaces his heart with a "kakugane," an alchemic device that allows him to summon a lance with which to fight the monsters. It turns out that Tokiko is a member of Renkin Kenshi (Alchemist Soldiers), an organization sworn to protect the world from the diabolical creatures. Soon, Kazuki joins Tokiko in her quest to terminate the sinister being that creates and controls the homunculus.

Rating: 4/5

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/busou_renkin/

Genre: Action, Anime, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may also like Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Taboo-Tattoo

This also has an anime.
Last edited: 18th August 2011 17:42 by AllenWalker

4th February 2011 07:21 #53
Regular User
  • Send Message
I'll try to recommend some stuff that no one's posted yet, since there's not really any point in repeating mangas, no matter how awesome they may be ;)

xxxHolic

xxxHolic is a bit of a different kind of fantasy/supernatural manga. The story centers on the mysterious witch Yuuko, who runs a store that grants wishes for an equivalent price, and her reluctant assistant Watanuki. The plotline is very episodic, and each episode explores a different supernatural happening connected to somebody (or, in a few cases, something's) wish, as well as delving into some interesting themes about human nature. There's also some fairly entertaining comedy at times. I recommend this series to anyone who loves the weird and original.

Ookami ga Kuru!
"Safety is an illusion. The closest we can give is the feeling of safety." Giving people this illusion of safety is the main goal of the (overworked two-person) team at the Monster Extermination Department at K.I.R.C.H.E.. The duo is shortly joined by Beate, a curious girl who "falls into" the story, becoming a constant companion and benefactor to Sirius and the Boss. Ookami ga Kuru! is somewhat like just another action story with "good guys" tracking down evil monsters and saving the day at first, but it's definitely much more in terms or character mentality, realism, and originality, as well as having some more psychological themes expressed in it. The storyline is episodic for the first bit, but a more major plot is gradually revealed, especially in later chapters. I recommend this series to anyone who likes a good fantasy/action story with a bit of a deeper side in terms of characters and themes.

4th February 2011 09:17 #54
not you
  • Send Message
was looking through the thread and saw that no one recommended Yu Yu Hakusho. great manga. i think everyone should revisit those old awesome mangas like dbz
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
4th February 2011 14:50 #55
not you
  • Send Message
halfway through defense devil atm. interesting story and the art is pretty great too. first 5 chapters or so were kinda detective conan-ish but then the story starts having its own feel.

if you like shounen manga like bleach or naruto or something, i think this is worth reading.
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
4th February 2011 23:46 #56
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Toraneko Folklore - Its pretty good i like it. It has lots of potential. Itsn also pretty funny and a possible romance(?). Recommend for action-comedy fans. A ligther version of Kekkaishi in a way.

All through middle school, Touto was the tough kid that people either fought, feared, or avoided. Resolving that his high school life will be different, he studied hard and entered a prestigious high school. Despite his harsh demeanor and odd behavior, he manages to make two friends right off the bat, two hopeful students who are also trying to recreate themselves. Timid Miyakoe, who is interested in the occult, was always overlooked in middle school, and she wants her presence to matter in high school. Chubby Yuta wants to erase his school history of being constantly bullied.

Everything is going well until Miyakoe disappears while investigating a scary school myth. Going after her, Yuta and Touto encounter a dangerous cellphone monster! When all seems lost, Touto's cellphone-strap good-luck charm comes to life to give him the strength to defend his new friends. It seems that Touto's high school life is going to be much stranger than he could have ever imagined!

Rating: 4/5

http://mangable.com/toraneko_folklore/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, School Life, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Kekkaishi

@IAmPanda YuYu Hakusho is located on the first page, at the bottom of the first post. But, the more people recommend it the more people will want to read it, so thanks for re-recommending it.
Last edited: 21st February 2011 20:31 by AllenWalker

5th February 2011 11:38 #57
not you
  • Send Message
@allen whoops, mybad

crazy girl shin bia

Tough, lazy, money lover, yet beautiful high school student named Shin Bia. While she's thinking about the eras she suddenly falls into that ancient time period! She had to transform into an elegant lady and while she's there she faces quite an obstacle.

interesting so far. i dont read to many shojo mangas but in all the ons i read, how come they are all skinny and have suuper detailed facial features/hair? is this supposed to be eye candy for girls?
Last edited: 6th February 2011 01:23 by IAmPanda

Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
8th February 2011 05:35 #58
Regular User
  • Send Message
1 Tesuwan Atomu
2 Ashita no Joe
3 Akira
4 Doremon
5 Gundam the Orgin
6 CCS
7 Salor Moon
8 NGE SIRP
9 Conan
10 Dokaben
11 Golgo 13
12 Ring Ni Kekero
13 Dr Slump
14 Ni Jyu Seiki Shonen
15 Saint Seiya
16 berzerk
17 Tough
18 HNK
19 Shin chan
20 Dragon ball
21 Bari Bari Dentsu
22 Touch
23 Ribbon no Seiki
24 One Pound Gospel
25 Urusei Yetsura[Lum]
26 Aim for the Ace[Ace wo Nare/ Jenny the Tennis player]
27 Kikaida
28 Shin Kamen Rider
29 666 Satan
30 Jojos Bizzare adventure[all three parts]
31 Inzuman
32 Black Jack
33 Captin Tubasa
34 GE 999
35 Alabaster
36 MONSTER
37 9
38 Kimagura Orange Road
39 Ranma 1/2
40 NijyuIchi Seiki Shonen
41 they were Eleven
42 Earthian
43 Captin Tsubasa World Youth
44 ultimate Kurosawa
45 Utena
46 Subaken Deka
47 Rumic World
48 Rough
49 Inital D
50 Hajime no Ippo
51 009
52 Vampire Hunter D
53 Wangan Midnight
54 Major
55 Tsubasa Road to 2002
56 Ashita no Ou sama
57 Cooking Papa
58 Oshinbono
59 Lupin III
60 Rean no Tsubasa
61 Old Boy
62 lady Snowblood
63 Kenshin
64 Samurai Deeper Kyo
65 A.I. Love You
66 Grave of the Fireflies
67 KIdo senshi Gundam San
68 Kaze No Tani no NUsica
69 Sandland
70 Char Counter Attack[Novel]
71 Kanon

72 Seiyuki
73 Nadia Fushugi no Umi
74 Blazeing transfer student
75 NGE
77 Mazinger Z
78 Gundam Rise of the Titans
79 Pocket Monsters Boken
80 Plese save my Earth
81 Ghost in the shell
82 Iron Wok Jun
83 Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo
84 Kinnikuman
85 Doremon Plus
86 Sazene san
87 Violence Jack
88 Hoshi no Kyojin
89 Baki the Grappler
90 GodHand Teru
91 lone Wolf and Cub
92 Musashi no Ken
93 History strongest decsiple
94 Futari Daka
95 Sarutobi Sasuke
96 Berusaiyu no Bara[ widely held as the best shojo ever written]
97 Akihabara@Deep
98 Densha Otoko
99 Big X
100 Candy Candy
101 Chibikko Kaiju Yadamon
102 Devilman
103 Barefoot Gen
104 Barom One
105 Cutie Honey
106 Di Gi Charat
107 Dragon Half
108 Fushigi Yûgi
109 GeGeGe no Kitaro
110 Mushishi
111 Genma Teisen
112 Hades Project Zeorymer
113 H2
114 Daydream Data Notes
115 Ghost Sweeper Mikami
116 Great Yamato
117 Glass No Kamen
118 Hikaru no Go
119 Narutaru
120 Harlock Saga
121 Kimba the White Lion
122 Kaibutsu-kun
123 Kaze no Daichi
124 Kurosagi Shitai Takuhaibin
125 Miyuki
126 NGE Campus Apocalypse
127 Perman
128 Obake no Q-tarō
129 PoPoLoCrois
130 Prefectural Earth Defense Force[/COLOR]
131 Salaryman Kintarō
132 Shin Megami Tensei
133 Triton of the Sea
134 The Vision of Escaflowne
135 Tottemo Shiwase Moto-chan
136 Video Girl Ai
137 Yawara
138 Unico
139 Tetsuko No Tabi
140 Tensai Bakabon
8th February 2011 08:21 #59
Regular User
  • Send Message
(no one seems to have recomendded this one:)

SHINOBE LIFE!

its not completed yet but its really good!!
i luve this story - u have to read it!

Categories: Comedy, Martial Arts, Romance, Shoujo

here what its about:

Many, many years ago, a ninja named Kagetora devoted his life to protecting Princess Beni (”Beni-Hime”). Unfortunately, they were attacked and Kagetora was flung into a lake, and sank to the bottom… And is somehow warped to the future where he sees the princess Beni being kidnapped.
Little does Kagetora know that Beni is not the real princess, but rather her descendant. Beni, on the other hand, thought that Kagetora was just a cosplayer. Beni, the daughter of a rich man has already been kidnapped a hundred times already... But fear not because Kagetora is here. Will Kagetora be able to go back to the past, or will he remain by Beni’s side forever?

(...hehe well the rest is for u to find out, but its much more better than it sounds by the way!)
Last edited: 10th February 2011 20:35 by mangaLuVeR

u can call me Mana!

10th February 2011 20:18 #60
Regular User
  • Send Message
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - i luve this manga! its awesome!

Categories: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

here's what it's about:
Ayuzawa Misaki is the student council president of the former all-boy school, Seika High School. In order to protect the girls, she battles the boys everyday. On the other hand, she secretly works at a "Maid Cafe". But a popular boy from school, Usui Takumi, found out! Living in between the double identity of a Maid and a student council president~
What should we do Goshujin-sama!?
Last edited: 10th February 2011 20:19 by mangaLuVeR

u can call me Mana!

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,