• Send Message
junjou romantica, story of saiunkoku, ranma 1/2
Last edited: 8th January 2011 04:17 by shiguresohma90
8th January 2011 14:15 #32
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Dears

plot
One year ago, an alien spaceship crashed in Tokyo Bay. As they were unable to go home, the aliens received Japanese citizenship. They were called DearS, meaning "Dear Friends." In order to study the Japanese language and customs, a homestay system was established.

One day, high school student Ikuhara Takeya encounters a DearS girl wearing nothing but a blanket. Due to hunger, she collapses on the street. Much to his embarrassment, he has no choice but to bring this alien, whom he later names Ren, to stay the night in his apartment. She insists on staying, referring to Takeya as "Master". Ren learns Japanese overnight due to her race's high intelligence and linguistic abilities and the help of Neneko, Takeya's childhood friend and daughter of the apartment manager.

Unfortunately, because Ren is deemed defective, DearS headquarters warrants her arrested.

i would give it a 4/5

it is funny, has hot aliens and a protagonist that is a bit afraid of aliens.

but if you dont like ecchi you shouldnt read this one
who am i kidding everybody likes ecchi
Last edited: 8th January 2011 14:17 by MrAcid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
9th January 2011 19:43 #33
Regular User
  • Send Message
inuyasha
fruits basket
bleach
ouran high school host club
naruto
9th January 2011 19:51 #34
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Shnouki
Mx0, i do recommend this to everyone, funny and good story. That is all I need to say, as soon as you start reading you will understand, and most likely thank me.

i agree with shnouki!
this manga's realy awesome, i luve it!
u HAVE to read it!
Last edited: 9th January 2011 19:54 by mangaLuVeR

never judge a book by it's cover!' - never get bored of this quote!
u can call me Mana!

12th January 2011 20:45 #35
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Kuzumoto-san Chi no Yonkyoudai - Pretty good. Decent amount of action with tons of comedy.

The four brothers of the Kuzumoto family, a group of people with supernatural powers. This year they are selected to be the "Supernatural Management Team", a group tasked with preventing any abuses of supernatural power that would cause disturbance to the ordinary people of the town or allow the discovery of people with supernatural powers. The story focuses upon 14 year old Sora and how he and his three brothers work to protect the peace in their town.

Rating: 3.5/5

http://mangable.com/kuzumoto_san_chi_no_yonkyoudai/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like Kekkaishi,
Last edited: 21st February 2011 19:58 by AllenWalker

12th January 2011 21:43 #36
  • Send Message

Beelzebub - Just started reading and its a pretty decent manga. Its mainly comedy so far. Will have more views on it later on, but pretty good.

"Strongest juvenile delinquent" Oga Tatsumi, in the most random events, finds himself with the infant son of the Great Demon King and threat to humankind, Beelzebub. After being "greeted" by the baby's maid and caretaker, Hilda, it become obvious that Beelzebub doesn't want to leave Oga's side. With his close friend Furuichi and a bunch of other characters on hand, Oga now must raise baby Beel and prevent the world from destruction.

Rating: 5/5

http://mangable.com/beelzebub/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like SWOT

This also has an anime.
Last edited: 5th March 2011 23:37 by AllenWalker

15th January 2011 22:28 #37
Regular User
  • Send Message
hey! hey! hey! i have one! how about this one! it is an anime and a manga :
Last edited: 15th January 2011 22:29 by tobirulz23
16th January 2011 02:32 #38
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid
Dears

plot
One year ago, an alien spaceship crashed in Tokyo Bay. As they were unable to go home, the aliens received Japanese citizenship. They were called DearS, meaning "Dear Friends." In order to study the Japanese language and customs, a homestay system was established.

One day, high school student Ikuhara Takeya encounters a DearS girl wearing nothing but a blanket. Due to hunger, she collapses on the street. Much to his embarrassment, he has no choice but to bring this alien, whom he later names Ren, to stay the night in his apartment. She insists on staying, referring to Takeya as "Master". Ren learns Japanese overnight due to her race's high intelligence and linguistic abilities and the help of Neneko, Takeya's childhood friend and daughter of the apartment manager.

Unfortunately, because Ren is deemed defective, DearS headquarters warrants her arrested.

i would give it a 4/5

haha i thought you'd give it 5/5 cuz you love it so much
16th January 2011 03:58 #39
  • Send Message

Othello (Tsukamoto Youichi) - WOW!!! This is such a great manga. SImilarly to Ao No Exorcist it has tons of potential. Its comedic and has pretty good action scenes. Totally recommend.

There are dangerous monsters called D's, lurking in the shadows of the world. A D mimics its victim's form exactly, allowing it to kill its victim and take its place. Kei, a normal high school kid, learns of these creatures when one of them targets his childhood friend Hinata. In his effort to protect Hinata, Kei finds himself being dragged into the affairs of Othello, an organization formed to bring about the extinction of these creatures.

Rating: 4/5

http://mangable.com/othello_tsukamoto_youichi/

Genre: Action, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may also like Bleach, D.Gray-Man, Ao no Exorcist, Kekkaishi
Last edited: 21st February 2011 20:04 by AllenWalker

18th January 2011 21:06 #40
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by mangalov3r
Originally posted by MrAcid
Dears

plot

i would give it a 4/5

haha i thought you'd give it 5/5 cuz you love it so much

i dont give 5/5 its good and one of the best i have ever read but there are always beter mangas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
18th January 2011 21:20 #41
Regular User
  • Send Message
okay.. i only like romance/shoujo/ecchi/comedy mangas. No action, supernatural, etc.. I've read quite a bit already, but looking for another good series. can anyone help?
19th January 2011 22:03 #42
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
maybe to love ru
or ichigo 100%
or suzuka
or love hina

i got some more ecchi manga but they are all with action and supernatural
21st January 2011 21:58 #43
Regular User
  • Send Message
Thank you so much MrAcid!! I will deff. read them!
24th January 2011 01:51 #44
  • Send Message
@shojomangafreak21 Although, i havent read it, you should try Kimikiss - Various Heroines and Kimikiss - Sweet Lips. The reason i recommend eventhough, i havent read is because im watching the anime Kimikiss - Pure Rouge (check the Anime Recommender Thread in the General Anime thread) and if its anything like the anime then it will be AWESOME!!! Its my favorite anime right now, only second to Xam'd. Unfortunately, you dont like action, but if your willing Rurouni Kenshin is a great romantic story. Hence, its full name being Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story. Also, the anime Blue Drop is a pretty good romantic story, but it involves a little bit of Alien fighting action. Also, Higurashi When They Cry – Tatarigoshi-hen is a nice romance, but it’s a horror at the same same time. Although, you should read Higurashi When They Cry – Onikakushi-hen because it’s the beginning of the whole series. Either way great series. Another series would be Moe Kare, which I recently started reading (Thanks to IAmPanda’s thread recommendation) and its really good.
24th January 2011 02:13 #45
  • Send Message

Blood Soul - It was decent. Although i'm still interested in reading to see how well it can be developed.

The Van Helsing Church Order is bent on destroying all supernatural creatures, as well as anyone else who gets in their way. However, a certain silver-haired man and red-haired vampire are not waiting for the Church to come to them! During their latest attack on a Van Helsing "cleansing" squad, they inadvertently save the life of a human being.

Rating: 3/5

http://mangable.com/blood_soul/

Genre: Action, Seinen, Supernatural

Moe Kare!! - So far so good. Read the first chapter and it will have you wanting to read more. It funny and romantic. I totally recommend (so does IAmPanda).

Wakamiya Hikaru is a 15-year-old teenager who wants a boyfriend that'll protect her. She likes to read shoujo manga all the time. One day, she gets kissed by a handsome, perverted boy who she called the "Perverted Prince." Later on, she finds a guy who looks exactly like him, but the eyes are different. What's going on?

Rating: 4.5/5

http://mangable.com/moe_kare/

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo

If you like this, then you may like AAA
Last edited: 21st February 2011 20:26 by AllenWalker

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,