MANGA RECCOMENDER
25th October 2010 00:04 #1
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
ARE YOU DONE READING A MANGA? ARE YOU BORED OF IT? OR ARE YOU JUST LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE TO READ? THEN HAVE NO FEAR WELCOME TO THE MANGA RECCOMENDER. WE HAVE 100 MANGAS RECOMMENDED BY ME AND THE MANGABLE COMMUNITY.

This thread i made for people looking for a new manga to read. Post the names of good mangas, plot summary & pic of the manga (not neccessary, but will be helpful). So if one day you want a new manga to read, then just come here and it will be filled with names of manga titles.(Hopefully)

PLEASE POST THE TITLES OF GOOD MANGAS THAT YOU KNOW.

Rave Master - My all time favorite. Great fight scenes. Great art. Great story. Lovable Characters.

In 0015, fifty years before the story's start, the world was being corrupted by Dark Bring, evil stones that bestowed incredible powers to their owners. The Dark Bring were used by the Raregroove Kingdom, and the Symphonia Kingdom fought against them with their Holy Bring.

Shiba, the first RAVE Master, attempted to destroy Sinclaire, the "mother" of the Dark Bring, with his Ten Commandments Sword. The aftermath caused the massive explosion known as "Overdrive" that destroyed one-tenth of the known world. Shiba, protected from the disaster by Plue, a special guardian "dog" who shielded him from the blast, held onto the RAVE required to power his sword. Plue and the five remaining fragments of RAVE, however, scattered around the world.

Fifty years later Haru Glory, a teenager living on the peaceful Garage Island, fishes Plue up by accident. Several events soon follow, including Shiba's arrival and his desire to reclaim Plue, as well as the appearance of a mysterious organization known as Demon Card, whose members possess Dark Bring and aim to rule the world. After Haru battles one of its members, Shiba discovers he is the second RAVE Master, and entrusts his RAVE, Plue, and the Ten Commandments Sword to Haru. Haru embarks upon an adventure to find the other fragments of Rave and to save the world.

Rating: 10/5

http://mangable.com/rave/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like http://mangable.com/fairy_tail/, http://mangable.com/one_piece/, http://mangable.com/nishikaze_to_taiyou/, http://mangable.com/naruto/, http://mangable.com/bleach/

This also has an anime.

Kekkaishi - Similar concept to Bleach. It has a great story. I think one of its strong suits is that it is an action-comedy.

.According to the legend, five hundred years ago, there was an insignificant lord who possessed a mysterious power, this power draws ayakashi (supernatural creatures) to him. A demon exterminator, Tokimori Hazama was called upon to protect the lord and the castle. The lord's power stays on the land even when he had died. Thus, Tokimori founded the Hazama clan, who inherits his techniques, to protect the land for centuries to come. This land, is Karasumori.

In the present day, Yoshimori Sumimura and Tokine Yukimura, heirs of the Hazama clan, are the kekkaishi that protect Karasumori. They are ability users (people who can use supernatural powers) who use a technique called Kekkai. Kekkai is a form of magical barrier to capture and destroy ayakashi that are drawn to this shinyuuchi (sacred land). Any ayakashi that stay on the land become stronger. Yoshimori and Tokine are to guard the land from the intrusion of ayakashi who intend to power up there

Rating: 4/5

http://mangable.com/kekkaishi/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Anime, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like http://mangable.com/bleach/, http://mangable.com/kuzumoto_san_chi_no_yonkyoudai/, http://mangable.com/inuyasha/, http://mangable.com/dgray-man/, http://mangable.com/othello_tsukamoto_youichi/

This also has an anime.

Fairy Tail - by the same author of Rave Master. Great fight scenes. Great art. Great story. Lovable Characters.

A young celestial wizard, Lucy Heartfilia, runs away from home and travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for his foster parent, a dragon named Igneel, with his best friend, Happy the cat. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander of Fairy Tail and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer [fire type], an ancient magic. He offers her membership into the guild, which she gladly accepts. They, along with armored maiden Erza Scarlet, ice maker Gray Fullbuster, and Happy, become a team performing various missions offered to the Fairy Tail guild.

http://mangable.com/fairy_tail/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Rave, Nishikaze to Taiyou, One Piece, Naruto, Blazer Drive

This also has an anime.

Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist - AWESOME!!! So much potential. This is really awesome. Another action-comedy. Totally recommend.

The world of Ao no Exorcist consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exists within it. Satan is the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have and that's a container in the human world that is powerful enough to hold him! For that purpose, he created Okumura Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans, or will he become something else...? After killing Rin's guardian Father Fujimoto in an attempt to bring Rin back to the Demon world, it led to Rin's journey on becoming an Exorcist in order to defeat Satan.

Rating: 4.5/5

http://mangable.com/ao_no_exorcist/

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural, Tragedy

If you like this, then you may like D.Gray-Man, Bleach, Soul Eater, Naruto, [url]Othello (TSUKAMOTO Youichi)[/url]

This has an upcoming anime (check out my Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist thread in General Anime)

D. Gray Man - One of the best story lines ever. Great action scenes. Great characters (like Allen Walker). What isn't great about this manga?

D.Gray-man follows the adventures of 15-year-old Allen Walker, whose left arm can transform into a monstrous claw and destroy Akuma, evolving machines created by the Millennium Earl to help him destroy humanity. As ordered by his master General Cross Marian, Allen becomes an Exorcist, people who can destroy Akuma, for the Black Order, an organization attempting to stop the Earl. He becomes a powerful asset for the Order because he can detect disguised akuma with his left eye. Allen is sent to recover pieces of Innocence, a substance that gives the Exorcists the ability to destroy Akuma. The Earl decides to call together the Noah Family, superhuman descendants of Noah who can destroy Innocence. Both sides start the search for the Great Heart, the most powerful piece of Innocence that will assure victory to the side that finds it.

http://mangable.com/dgray-man/

Genre: Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Horror, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Dragon Eye, Kekkaishi, Full Metal Alchemist, [url]Othello (TSUKAMOTO Youichi)[/url]

This also has an anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Again what isn't great about this manga. One of the best manga i've ever read. My second favorite manga of all-time.

Edward and Alphonse Elric are two alchemist brothers searching for the legendary catalyst called the Philosopher's Stone, a powerful object which would allow them to recover their bodies (which were lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life through alchemy). Born in the village of Risembool from the country of Amestris (アメストリス, Amesutorisu?), the two brothers lived there with their mother. Their father, Van Hohenheim, left home for unknown reasons and years later, their mother Trisha Elric died of a terminal illness, leaving the Elric brothers alone. After their mother's death, Edward became determined to bring her back through the use of alchemy, an advanced science in which objects can be created from raw materials. They researched Human Transmutation, a forbidden art in which one attempts to create or modify a human being. However, this attempt failed, ultimately resulting in the loss of Edward's left leg, and Alphonse's entire body. In a desperate effort to save his brother, Edward sacrificed his right arm to affix Alphonse's soul to a suit of armor. Some days later, an alchemist named Roy Mustang visited the Elric brothers, and told Edward to become a member of the State Military of the country to find a way to recover their bodies. After that, Edward's left leg and right arm were replaced with automail, a type of advanced prosthetic limb, created for him by his close family friends Winry Rockbell and her grandmother Pinako. Edward then begins to serve the military in search hopes of getting their original bodies back.

http://mangable.com/full_metal_alchemist/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Busou Renkin, D.Gray-Man,

This also has an anime.

Naruto - Great, just great. It has an awesome plot. A large variety of characters., there all great good or evil. Awesome action scenes.

Naruto Uzumaki is a young boy who has the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox sealed within him. Twelve years before the start of the series, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox attacked the ninja village Konohagakure, slaughtering many people. In response, the leader of Konohagakure and its ninja military – the Fourth Hokage – sacrificed his life to seal the demon inside Naruto when he was a newborn. Konohagakure, however, regarded Naruto as if he were the demon fox itself and mistreated him throughout most of his childhood. A decree made by the Third Hokage, who replaced the Fourth Hokage after his death, forbade anyone mention the attack of the demon fox to anyone else. This included Naruto, who was not aware of the demon inside of him.

The main story follows Naruto and his friends' personal growth. Naruto befriends two comrades, Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, who are assigned with him to form a three-person team named Team 7 under an experienced sensei named Kakashi Hatake. Like all the ninja teams from every village, Team 7 is charged with completing missions requested by villagers, such as doing chores or being bodyguards. During the course of their missions, Naruto befriends other characters that he meets throughout the series. Team 7 learns new abilities, get to know each other, and experience a coming-of-age journey as Naruto dreams of becoming the Hokage of Konohagakure.

http://mangable.com/naruto/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Bleach, One Piece, Blazer Drive, Flame of Recca, Dragon Ball, Ao no Exorcist, Fairy Tail, Yu Yu Hakusho, Taboo-Tattoo

This also has an anime.

Bleach- AWESOME!!! I love Bleach and so do millions of others. So, you'll love it to trust me. In my opinion better than Naruto (although there both great). Awesome action and comedy.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a teenager gifted with the ability to see spirits. His life is drastically changed by the sudden appearance of a Soul Reaper - one who governs the flow of souls between the human world and the afterlife - named Rukia Kuchiki, who arrives in search of a Hollow, a dangerous lost soul. When Rukia is severely wounded while trying to defeat the Hollow, she attempts to transfer half of her reiatsu (霊圧?, literally, "spiritual pressure") energy to Ichigo so that he can defeat the Hollow. However, Ichigo takes almost all of her energy, transforming into a Soul Reaper and allowing him to defeat the Hollow with ease. With her powers diminished, Rukia is left stranded in the human world until she can recover her strength. In the meantime, Ichigo must take over Rukia's role as a Soul Reaper, battling Hollows and guiding souls to the afterlife realm known as the Soul Society (尸魂界 (ソウル·ソサエティ), Sōru Sosaeti?).

http://mangable.com/bleach/

Genre: Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like Naruto, Busou Renkin, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist, Kekkaishi, Rave, Dragon Ball, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakusho, Taboo-Tattoo, [url]Othello (TSUKAMOTO Youichi)[/url]

This also has an anime.

Blazer Drive - If you like Naruto, this is the manga for you. Similar story and concept of Naruto, by Seishi Kishimoto (Naruto's author's brother). This is also one of my favorites. Its Naruto 1000 years later. This had the chance to be one of the best, but was cut hort to 30 chapters, still recommend though.

Taking place in a futuristic style of Tokyo, Japan. Society has harnessed the power of the elements into items known as "Mystickers" which give off various effects depending on which is used and can be applied to everyday housework or even combat. Daichi, our main hero is a young teen that resents his older brother but finds comfort in his dealings with friends. After an encounter with some bullies Daichi discovers he has the potential to become a Blazer, people who are able to apply these "Mystickers" unto their skin without causing harm to their own bodies. It isn't after another deadly encounter with an unknown assailant of an organization that's targeting him that Daichi learns of his fate and that of his brother. At the cost of something precious, Daichi sets out to reclaim that which was taken, embarking on a dangerous quest with a new resolve and a powerful "Mysticker" of his own.

Rating: 5/5

http://mangable.com/blazer_drive/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Sci-fi, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Taboo-Tattoo

Yu Yu Hakusho - The artwork may not be the cream of the crop, but story and fight scenes are awesome. Its very well-known in the world of manga. This is a must read.

Yusuke Urameshi is a street-brawling delinquent with a tough guy approach to everything.However, no one expects a sudden act of heroism on his part: he dies trying to save a little boy from a speeding car. In fact, when he arrives in the afterlife, he is informed that no one was expecting him to die that way, and were not prepared for his arrival. After numerous tests to gauge his worth, Yusuke is eventually revived, and is assigned to work for the Spirit Realm as a detective investigating demonic cases in the human world

Rating: 4.5/5

http://mangable.com/yu_yu_hakusho/

Genre: Action, Anime, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Bleach, Naruto, Flame of Recca

This also has an anime.

Also recommended by IAmPanda(check out pg.4).

Plot summaries by Wikipedia and Mangable

PLEASE POST THE TITLES OF AWESOME MANGAS THAT YOU KNOW.
Last edited: 26th April 2011 22:58 by AllenWalker

25th October 2010 01:12 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
This List should keep you busy

Blazer Drive
Hunter X Hunter
666 Satan
Aflame Inferno
Air Gear
Ao no Exorcist
ARAGO
Ares
BB Project
Bleach
Break Blade
Code Breaker
D.Gray-Man
Erementar Gerad
Fairy Tail
Gantz
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Highschool of the Dead
Jackals
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Naruto
One Piece
Psyren
Ping
Replica
Shaman King - Flowers
Soul Eater
Taboo-Tattoo
Tenjou Tenge
The Breaker
The Legend of Maian
Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest
ULTIMO
Veritas
Witch Hunter
Witchcraft Troops
XBlade
Yureka
Zetman
Nurarihyon no Mago
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Defense Devil
Deadman Wonderland
Buster Keel
Id
Holy Talker
Cavalier of the Abyss
Beelzebub
Dogs - Bullets & Carnage
The Sacred Blacksmith
Shade - The Other Side of Light
Cage of Eden
Claymore
Black Cat
World Embryo
Hellsing
Zombie Hunter
25th October 2010 04:50 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
I LOVE MANGA!!!! I just thought I should get that out of the way before I started this thread. I like the fact that I can wait every week and be updated with a new part of the story. However, there are sometimes where I just want to read the manga and not have to wait for the ending. I know that some of you will think that I am just a party pooper and waiting for the next chapter is half the fun. I agree with that sentiment, but what do you do in the mean time when there is nothing else to do but wait. Here is why I came up with this thread, some reccomendations to you all who sometimes don't have patience:

Eyeshield 21: 333 chapters.
I personally liked this one because I like football. But this is not about football, it is about what a mangaka from japan thinks about american football and put a story and an interpretation into it and voila, eyeshield 21. It is a little slow in the beginning, and by that I mean the first 5 chapters. Highly entertaining and worth the read, hear is what it is about:
Kobayakawa Sena is a freshman in highschool. Despite his previous decisions to change his life, he finds himself in the exactly same place he was in during elementary school and junior high: a push over and an errand boy. However, this changes when Hiruma, the most feared person in his school and president of the American Football Club, notices Sena and forces him to join the Football Team. Now Sena will become Eyeshield 21, a mysterious running back with lighting fast speed.

MAR: 161 Chapters
Fun kid type of story, and entertaining. The concept of the fighting tools is a little like Bleach and the zanpakutou or if you have read 666 sata, like o-parts. Light hearted story and fun to read. Here is what it is about:
Ginta Toramizu is a 14-year-old kid who doesn't have a lot going for him: he's near-sighted, doesn't do well in school, sucks at sports, and to top it off--he's short! But Ginta is a dreamer and has had the same dream 102 times, always in the same fantasy world, where he is a hero blessed with all the abilities he lacks in real life.
Then one day a supernatural figure appears at Ginta's school and summons him to a mysterious and exciting new world! In this strange universe filled with magic and wonder, he is strong, tough, agile--and he can see without his glasses! Thus, Ginta begins a mystical quest in search of the magical items known as "

666 Satan: 76 chapters
Slow and entertaining is the best way I can sum this up. Sometimes tedious to read, but I enjoyed it. I know this doesn't sound like a rave review, and it is not, but it is only 76 chapters so it was worth it. The creator of 666 satan is the brother of the guy who does Naruto so you will see similarities in the story and the drawing between the two mangas. I enjoyed it, but if it had been more than 100 chapters I probably wouldn't have put it on this list. Here is what it is about:
Ruby Crescent is an ordinary girl, who likes to go out with boys and shop. Her life is changed dramatically when her father dies and she becomes a treasure hunter as he was. Her objective is to find O-Parts -- magical items hidden under the ground which grant people superhuman powers and can only be used by an O.P.T. (O-Part Tactician) or descendant of the Angel and Devil. She soon meets a mysterious boy named Jio who, due to having a dark, lonely past, seeks to conquer the world. Jio is hostile to her at first, but ends up travelling with Ruby as her bodyguard. When Ruby is attacked by an O.P.T. claiming to be Satan, Jio rushes to her rescue and a battle occurs. Initially they are on the losing side, but Jio releases his true power and is revealed to be not only an O.P.T., but the real Satan. Thus, the two continue to travel together in hopes of unlocking their pasts.

Rave: 296 Chapters
Fun read, worthwhile. Illustrations are similar to fairytail. Was definately enjoyable. Highly recommend. Here is what it is about:
The Continent of Song is in chaos. The sinister secret society known as Demon Card is using the power of Dark Bring to destroy everything in their path. The only things capable of stopping Dark Bring are the Rave stones. Unfortunately, the Rave Stones were scattered around the globe in an explosion 50 years ago, so now they must be collected by the Rave Master in order to stop Dark Bring once and for all.

Zatch Bell: 323 chapters
Loved this one. Thoroughly reccomend. Entertaining and totally worthwhile. Here is what it is about:
For his 14th birthday, Kiyomaro received a strange little boy named Gash Bell as a bizarre gift from his father. Kiyomaro soon discovers that there's more to Gash than his dad ever realized--Gash is a mamodo child with magic powers that are unleashed by reading spells from a mysterious red book...and there are 99 other kids like Gash who must fight one another to become the king of the mamodo world!

Flame of Recca: 329 Chapters
I haven't finished this one yet, am currently in the process of reading it. I like it so far so I am putting it on this list. Here it is what it is about:
Becoming a ninja is just a childhood dream for sixteen-year-old Recca, until a fateful encounter reveals he has inherited ninja powers, including the ability to wield fire! As Recca learns to master the ancient ways of his ancestors, he is drawn to protect a mysterious girl named Yanagi...

Please feel free to add or criticize my choices, I just thought some of you might like them.
ME LIKE MANGA
31st October 2010 23:51 #4
  • Send Message

Death Note - Its very thrilling and entertaining. Recommend for mystery and psychological thriller fanatics.

Light Yagami is an intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die, as well as various other rules. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it using criminals, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light plans to become a god and establish a new world order by passing his keen judgment on those he deems evil and anyone who gets in his way.

Rating: 5/5

http://mangable.com/death_note/

Genre: Anime, Drama, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural

This also has an anime
Last edited: 13th February 2011 03:21 by AllenWalker

1st November 2010 04:49 #5
not you
  • Send Message
seikirei
kurohime
sora no otoshimono
mahou sensei negima
prince of tenis
1/2 prince
to-love-ru
ichigo 100%
love hina
clannad
the world only god knows

my contribution
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
2nd November 2010 22:12 #6
  • Send Message

Nishikaze to Taiyou - One-Shot by Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail)
Hopefully it gets good reviews and becomes a series. Its about treasure hunters in a world powered by ether (magical power of the world). Its a good read.TRY IT!

http://mangable.com/nishikaze_to_taiyou/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, One Shot, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Fairy Tail, Rave
Last edited: 21st February 2011 19:34 by AllenWalker

7th November 2010 23:59 #7
  • Send Message

Higurashi When They Cry /Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - This Contains several arcs(Can be found here in mangale). This is an amazing thriller. I recommend it to Deathnote fans. Personally, i find it 10x better than Deathnote

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa (雛見沢?) (based on the village of Shirakawa, Gifu, a World Heritage Site),[1][2] which has a population of approximately 2,000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Houjou. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.

http://mangable.com/higurashi_no_naku_koro_ni_-_onikakushi/

Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Seinen

That is only one arc. The other arcs are available here on Mangable.

This also has an anime
Last edited: 21st February 2011 19:35 by AllenWalker

8th November 2010 00:07 #8
  • Send Message

Slam Dunk - I may not like sports mangas, but this is in the top 50 best selling manga of all time list

Slam Dunk centers around Hanamichi Sakuragi, who starts as a delinquent outcast, becoming the leader of a gang. Hanamichi, being very unpopular with girls, has been rejected by them fifty times. Yet, he finds out that Haruko Akagi is the girl of his dreams, and is happy when she's not scared of him like all the other girls he has asked out.

Haruko Akagi, who recognizes Hanamichi's athleticism, introduces him to the Shohoku basketball team. Hanamichi was reluctant to join the team at first because he had no previous background in any sports and thought that basketball was a game for losers (also because the fiftieth girl rejected him for a basketball player). Sakuragi, despite his immaturity and hot temper, proves to be a natural athlete with potential and joins the team in order to impress Haruko and prove that he is worthy of her. Kaede Rukawa — Sakuragi's bitter rival (both on the basketball court and love, even when Rukawa doesn't acknowledge Haruko's crush on him), the star rookie and a "girl magnet" - joins the team at the same time. Hisashi Mitsui, an ex-junior high school MVP, and Ryota Miyagi, a short but fast player, both also rejoin the team and together these four struggle to complete team captain Takenori Akagi's dream of making Shohoku the national champion. Together, these misfits gain publicity and the once little known Shohoku basketball team becomes an all-star contender in Japan.

Rating: anyone who has read please tell what it should be out of 5. i only posted this manga for the sport lovers. Although, i do know it is widely successful

http://mangable.com/slam_dunk/

Genre: Anime, Comedy, Shounen, Sports

This also has an anime
Last edited: 13th February 2011 03:25 by AllenWalker

8th November 2010 00:14 #9
  • Send Message

InuYasha - Pretty cool manga

Kagome is a modern Japanese high school girl. Never the type to believe in myths and legends, her world view dramatically changes when, one day, she's pulled out of her own time and into another! There, in Japan's ancient past, Kagome discovers more than a few of those dusty old legends are true, and that her destiny is linked to one legendary creature in particular--the dog-like half-demon called Inuyasha! That same trick of fate also ties them both to the Shikon Jewel, or "Jewel of Four Souls." But demons beware...the smallest shard of the Shikon Jewel can give the user unimaginable power.

http://mangable.com/inuyasha/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Anime, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like Kekkaishi, Rurouni Kenshin,

This also has an anime
Last edited: 21st February 2011 19:38 by AllenWalker

8th November 2010 16:31 #10
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Fate/Stay Night
Rappi Rangai
Rosario+Vampire
Princess Resurrection
GTO
Ushio and Tora
Alive - The Final Evolution
Asu no Yoichi

here you go
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
9th November 2010 12:05 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Kimi no Iru Machi
Baka and Boing
Dr.Rurru
Otomari Honey
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Guren Gakuenhen
Umisho

that`s all thank you
11th November 2010 10:21 #12
not you
  • Send Message
Allen!! thanks for recommending Rave to me! I thought it was one of the bests stories i had ever read. I loved it so much. It's now one of my all time favorites. If there is anyone out there who hasn't read it yet, i strongly recommend you do

Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
11th November 2010 18:50 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
Mx0, i do recommend this to everyone, funny and good story. That is all I need to say, as soon as you start reading you will understand, and most likely thank me.
ME LIKE MANGA
14th November 2010 22:29 #14
  • Send Message

Flame Of Recca - OH HOW I LOVE THIS MANGA. It is now one of mty top 5, if not top 3, favorite mangas of all-time.It has tons of comedy, action and romance. I'm not the only one who recommends this manga. Shnouki does too. Check out his review higher up the page. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND FLAME OF RECCA. ESPECIALLY FOR YUYU HAKUSHO, NARUTO & NINJA FANS.

Flame of Recca follows the story of a teenage boy named Recca Hanabishi, who is interested in ninja and claims to be one himself. He often gets into fights because he made it publicly known that the person who manages to defeat him will earn his services as a loyal ninja. Despite this, he eventually pledges his loyalty and services as a ninja to Yanagi Sakoshita, a girl with the innate ability to heal any wound/injury, because of her kindness and compassion. Recca soon discovers that he possesses the innate ability to control/manipulate flames, and eventually learns that he is actually the son of the sixth generation leader of the Hokage, a ninja clan that was wiped out by Oda Nobunaga in 1576, roughly 400 years before the series' present day.

http://mangable.com/flame_of_recca/

Genre: Action, Anime, Fantasy, Shounen

If you like this, then you may like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho

This also has an anime
Last edited: 21st February 2011 19:40 by AllenWalker

14th November 2010 22:43 #15
  • Send Message
Originally posted by IAmPanda
Allen!! thanks for recommending Rave to me! I thought it was one of the bests stories i had ever read. I loved it so much. It's now one of my all time favorites. If there is anyone out there who hasn't read it yet, i strongly recommend you do

LOL No problem. Rave is awesome. Its the root to my manga and anime fascination. RAVEVOLUTION!!!!!!
Last edited: 14th November 2010 22:43 by AllenWalker

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,