If you could write a manga, what would be its plot? What would be its name?
17th October 2010 23:49 #1
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
Mine would be called "Ability" about a kid named Kai Ryuujin who attends a special school only for students who have special powers. Powers like fire, water, ice thunder, earth, flight, wind, shapeshifting, strength etc.. Kai has the power of telekinesis. His power is rare and most people who've had it have all been evil and abused it. Therefore, he is unliked by some stundents (not all) and most adults (including teachers). Each student belongs to a team. Kai belongs to Team Mashima (named after his teacher) along with his teammates Yamado (fire), Sakura (wind) and Kenshin (thunder). He is out on a mission to save an old man from a group of delinquents(with powers). It turns out to be an ambush by a an evil organization who want to use Kai's telekinesis to take over the universe. Now Kai has to train in order to take down the organization.
Last edited: 17th October 2010 23:52 by AllenWalker

22nd October 2010 23:00 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well, I got this crazy idea about "recursive manga" - manga about manga drawing :-P :-D

I thought of it as nothing but a joke at first, but somehow, the idea buried itself into my thougt patterns... And before I knew it, I was thinking about it rather seriously...

Partially it would be about the main character projecting himself and his life into his work - it would be about putting both fantasies and real issues and funny things he encounters on the paper... And of course, in many cases, should someone recognize themselves in his manga, hilarity ensues :-)

Basically, I think that if played well, then there would be a place for everything we like about manga.
24th October 2010 19:16 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Just so you know, I kind of like fantasy, more so than most. I like the idea of magic, I like the idea of medieval times, when people thought of magic as something mysterious and actually believed in it. But I have a lot of western views on the subject, unlike the east where they have their own views. But the one thing that always bothered me about most magic mangas and shows and things of that nature was that not everyone could use it, and that it required some incredible amount of ki/life energy/magic/mana/etc. This idea always bothered me. It also bothered me that there was only one way for most people to achieve a certain effect, such as casting a fireball you had to say the incantation the proper way and move your hands in the proper course, or have the sacrifice to do so. I am not saying that these things don't balance the idea of magic, but to me it just seemed off putting. How did someone figure out the incantation or the way you were suppose to move your hands?? This enough of an intro to my idea of a manga? Well then here it goes:

My name is Asher, I live in the world of Brin. In my world there is magic, both good and evil, light and dark, compassionate and ruthless. It is not know why, but here everyone is born with magic. At the age of 5, the magic manifests itself by marking the child, often with its affinity over the heart. There are literally hundreds of affinities in this world, and new ones that had never been thought of before will appear throughout the world. The reason for this is, the type of magic a person will use is based upon the imagination of the child within their first 5 years of life.

However, you can also imagine that there are some rather silly affinities out there, considering the cumulative imagination of 5 year olds. Yet there are also some basic ones, such as elementalism, which uses the elements as its base of magic, fire, wind, water, earth, ice. But there are also those who have magic such as laughter, which the person can use to make the other person laugh. I on the other hand am a body mage. I can freely manipulate my body to do what I need it to do. But I did not get to this point all on my own.

In Brin, all children, once they receive their affinity are required to go to school where they can learn how to harness their magic. But this is not normal school where they teach incantations, spells or what not. School is a place where they teach each student to be able to use their imagination to figure out uses for each persons affinity. What use is it to be able to make people laugh if they are trying to kill you? This is where my story begins, in what I called school and others called the Academy Magi.
ME LIKE MANGA
25th October 2010 20:35 #4
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Shnouki
Just so you know, I kind of like fantasy, more so than most. I like the idea of magic, I like the idea of medieval times, when people thought of magic as something mysterious and actually believed in it. But I have a lot of western views on the subject, unlike the east where they have their own views. But the one thing that always bothered me about most magic mangas and shows and things of that nature was that not everyone could use it, and that it required some incredible amount of ki/life energy/magic/mana/etc. This idea always bothered me. It also bothered me that there was only one way for most people to achieve a certain effect, such as casting a fireball you had to say the incantation the proper way and move your hands in the proper course, or have the sacrifice to do so. I am not saying that these things don't balance the idea of magic, but to me it just seemed off putting. How did someone figure out the incantation or the way you were suppose to move your hands?? This enough of an intro to my idea of a manga? Well then here it goes:

My name is Asher, I live in the world of Brin. In my world there is magic, both good and evil, light and dark, compassionate and ruthless. It is not know why, but here everyone is born with magic. At the age of 5, the magic manifests itself by marking the child, often with its affinity over the heart. There are literally hundreds of affinities in this world, and new ones that had never been thought of before will appear throughout the world. The reason for this is, the type of magic a person will use is based upon the imagination of the child within their first 5 years of life.

However, you can also imagine that there are some rather silly affinities out there, considering the cumulative imagination of 5 year olds. Yet there are also some basic ones, such as elementalism, which uses the elements as its base of magic, fire, wind, water, earth, ice. But there are also those who have magic such as laughter, which the person can use to make the other person laugh. I on the other hand am a body mage. I can freely manipulate my body to do what I need it to do. But I did not get to this point all on my own.

In Brin, all children, once they receive their affinity are required to go to school where they can learn how to harness their magic. But this is not normal school where they teach incantations, spells or what not. School is a place where they teach each student to be able to use their imagination to figure out uses for each persons affinity. What use is it to be able to make people laugh if they are trying to kill you? This is where my story begins, in what I called school and others called the Academy Magi.

omg omg

that story is so good

i would read that manga

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
26th October 2010 10:12 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
thank you for the compliment
ME LIKE MANGA
29th August 2011 07:38 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
i dunno
!! NINJA'S ROCK !! why becaues they do
4th September 2011 01:12 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
i don't really know what it would be called.
In this story, the world has become so wrought with crime that there is literally no room left in any high security jails. In an effort to eliminate all convicted criminals from the world, the world government decides to hold a tournament in which all people convicted of major crimes (like either armed robbery or assaulting some or worse) are forced to enter into a tournament in which each person gets a special ability based on who they are, and their strengths an weaknesses and their personality and stuff like that. Powers range from being able to teleport, to being able to create explosions out of nothing to being able to become a giant. Each round of the tournament involves 100 convicts battling it out with their powers (and one weapon they select at the beginning) in fights to the death over a gigantic area of land. If you encounter another convict, you fight them, but in rare cases, people have formed alliances. The last 10 people surviving each round move on to the next one, to fight in another 100 person round. Each round, everyone's powers become stronger and recieve upgrades. The last convict remaining at after hundreds and hundreds of rounds wins their freedom.

Im not sure how good that sounds, but I kind of like it (^_^)
9th September 2011 18:40 #8
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
nice story
funny how they have to fight in rounds
do all the rounds happen on one island?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
24th September 2011 03:10 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid
nice story
funny how they have to fight in rounds
do all the rounds happen on one island?

No, the location would change each time
6th October 2011 02:14 #10
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
[UNtitled]
Plot= Two planets directly connected to each other yet separated by something humans can't see. Each planet has the same people on it. one planet is technologically advanced with skyscrapers dotting the skyline and a major focus on science and industry, the other, a natural planet with untapped resources where the people focus more on nature and such.
Every one has a double.
When one person has a fatal accident, chances are the double is in one too. When that happens. A guardian force pulls both of them to a neutral ground off of both the planets. There, they must battle each other and the winner is sent to the losers home-world and the loser is sent to the winners planet to die in the winners place.

Just kind of a rough idea of what I would do. I actually plan on trying my hand at a career in writing novels or something in the future. I actually have a bunch of characters or so created and how they all interact in this massive web chart thing and events that happen and stuff just need to get better at creating verbal awesome cause I suck at it now.
this would actually be a sequel to help explain what happens in the predecessor.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,