Web Comics
5th August 2010 05:23 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hello, I have been a long time manga reader and I love it, but I also like exploring other avenues of the written medium. Recently I have come across something called web comics and although I knew they existed before I never really bothered looking because I had manga. But I was wondering what other people's opinions are of them and if anyone has any recommendations. This is just a thought, if you like it or don't like it let me know. And if you think this idea is ludicrous, you can also say that. Thank you.
ME LIKE MANGA
5th August 2010 09:35 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
well to tell the truth, nothing against it but it can't compared anywhere near the likes of japans and koreas manga, well in my opinion anyway
6th August 2010 03:44 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
While I generally prefer manga, I don't mind some webcomics. xkcd used to be good but only ones every now and then are any good. Every second comic from Cyanide and Happiness is usually good and Joy of Tech is okay. Once upon a time, A Softer World was good but most of it these isn't that good. I occasionally check other webcomics, but xkcd, C&H and JoT tend to be the only ones I check every second day.
7th August 2010 04:26 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
Boy oh boy, Late to the party?

You should get started on Trace O_O
" Take small steps, for it is better to walk tall and arrive late than to stumble, fall and never get up"

" Life is only a mirage in which we can hide our pain, death gives us much more than we can know"

" If life is my elixer, I believe love must well be my own poison."
7th August 2010 18:23 #5
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
I have only read three. Trace, some weird vamp one on mangafox and A modest destiny. two out of three i think are pretty good
Last edited: 7th August 2010 23:30 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
7th August 2010 20:46 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
I read about four webcomics, Questionable Content, Girls with Slingshots, XKCD and Oots.

I read 8 bit theater til it was completed and that was my favourite one. A must read for early final fantasy fans :)
This user would like to announce that she is in fact dsylexic, has a wonky keyboard and is often chemically inconvenient. The user requests you take spelling and grammatical errors with a pinch of salt.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
9th August 2010 21:33 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
I've been reading xkcd for several months now and I absolutely love it. It's the only one I've been reading though.

I want to start reading more.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,