Recommendations for Completed Manga
2nd August 2010 21:39 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
I LOVE MANGA!!!! I just thought I should get that out of the way before I started this thread. I like the fact that I can wait every week and be updated with a new part of the story. However, there are sometimes where I just want to read the manga and not have to wait for the ending. I know that some of you will think that I am just a party pooper and waiting for the next chapter is half the fun. I agree with that sentiment, but what do you do in the mean time when there is nothing else to do but wait. Here is why I came up with this thread, some reccomendations to you all who sometimes don't have patience:

Eyeshield 21: 333 chapters.
I personally liked this one because I like football. But this is not about football, it is about what a mangaka from japan thinks about american football and put a story and an interpretation into it and voila, eyeshield 21. It is a little slow in the beginning, and by that I mean the first 5 chapters. Highly entertaining and worth the read, hear is what it is about:
Kobayakawa Sena is a freshman in highschool. Despite his previous decisions to change his life, he finds himself in the exactly same place he was in during elementary school and junior high: a push over and an errand boy. However, this changes when Hiruma, the most feared person in his school and president of the American Football Club, notices Sena and forces him to join the Football Team. Now Sena will become Eyeshield 21, a mysterious running back with lighting fast speed.

MAR: 161 Chapters
Fun kid type of story, and entertaining. The concept of the fighting tools is a little like Bleach and the zanpakutou or if you have read 666 sata, like o-parts. Light hearted story and fun to read. Here is what it is about:
Ginta Toramizu is a 14-year-old kid who doesn't have a lot going for him: he's near-sighted, doesn't do well in school, sucks at sports, and to top it off--he's short! But Ginta is a dreamer and has had the same dream 102 times, always in the same fantasy world, where he is a hero blessed with all the abilities he lacks in real life.
Then one day a supernatural figure appears at Ginta's school and summons him to a mysterious and exciting new world! In this strange universe filled with magic and wonder, he is strong, tough, agile--and he can see without his glasses! Thus, Ginta begins a mystical quest in search of the magical items known as "

666 Satan: 76 chapters
Slow and entertaining is the best way I can sum this up. Sometimes tedious to read, but I enjoyed it. I know this doesn't sound like a rave review, and it is not, but it is only 76 chapters so it was worth it. The creator of 666 satan is the brother of the guy who does Naruto so you will see similarities in the story and the drawing between the two mangas. I enjoyed it, but if it had been more than 100 chapters I probably wouldn't have put it on this list. Here is what it is about:
Ruby Crescent is an ordinary girl, who likes to go out with boys and shop. Her life is changed dramatically when her father dies and she becomes a treasure hunter as he was. Her objective is to find O-Parts -- magical items hidden under the ground which grant people superhuman powers and can only be used by an O.P.T. (O-Part Tactician) or descendant of the Angel and Devil. She soon meets a mysterious boy named Jio who, due to having a dark, lonely past, seeks to conquer the world. Jio is hostile to her at first, but ends up travelling with Ruby as her bodyguard. When Ruby is attacked by an O.P.T. claiming to be Satan, Jio rushes to her rescue and a battle occurs. Initially they are on the losing side, but Jio releases his true power and is revealed to be not only an O.P.T., but the real Satan. Thus, the two continue to travel together in hopes of unlocking their pasts.

Rave: 296 Chapters
Fun read, worthwhile. Illustrations are similar to fairytail. Was definately enjoyable. Highly recommend. Here is what it is about:
The Continent of Song is in chaos. The sinister secret society known as Demon Card is using the power of Dark Bring to destroy everything in their path. The only things capable of stopping Dark Bring are the Rave stones. Unfortunately, the Rave Stones were scattered around the globe in an explosion 50 years ago, so now they must be collected by the Rave Master in order to stop Dark Bring once and for all.

Zatch Bell: 323 chapters
Loved this one. Thoroughly reccomend. Entertaining and totally worthwhile. Here is what it is about:
For his 14th birthday, Kiyomaro received a strange little boy named Gash Bell as a bizarre gift from his father. Kiyomaro soon discovers that there's more to Gash than his dad ever realized--Gash is a mamodo child with magic powers that are unleashed by reading spells from a mysterious red book...and there are 99 other kids like Gash who must fight one another to become the king of the mamodo world!

Flame of Recca: 329 Chapters
I haven't finished this one yet, am currently in the process of reading it. I like it so far so I am putting it on this list. Here it is what it is about:
Becoming a ninja is just a childhood dream for sixteen-year-old Recca, until a fateful encounter reveals he has inherited ninja powers, including the ability to wield fire! As Recca learns to master the ancient ways of his ancestors, he is drawn to protect a mysterious girl named Yanagi...

Please feel free to add or criticize my choices, I just thought some of you might like them.
ME LIKE MANGA
2nd August 2010 21:42 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Oh I almost forgot,

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles: Over 200 some odd chapters
the series says it ongoing but If I remember correctly it has already been finished, well whatever. Fun read, gets really confusing at the end, but the adventures in the middle are a lot of fun. Here is what it is about:
Sakura and Syaoran return, but they're not the people you know. Sakura is the princess of Clow - and possessor of a mysterious, misunderstood power that promises to change the world. Syaoran is her childhood friend and leader of the archaeological dig that took his father's life. They reside in an alternate reality... where whatever you least expect can happen - and does. When Sakura ventures to the dig site to declare her love for Syaoran, a puzzling symbol is uncovered - which triggers a remarkable quest. Now Syaoran embarks upon a desperate journey through other worlds-all in the name of saving Sakura.
ME LIKE MANGA
2nd August 2010 23:57 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Suzuka (has 166 chaps) is a fantastic completed manga, and if you like that one you can look at kimi no iru machi that is the next series the mangaka did, also GTO (has 200 chaps) is a fantastic one, that has a prequel that is still going, so i suggest it highly, roasario+vampire (has 40 chaps but the pages are about 45 each) is one of my top manga and it has a sequel roasrio+vampire 2 32 chaps at the moment and To love ru (has 162 chaps). I didn't really tell u much about them soz and this is all the completed manga ive read (dont read many completed mangas) but i very highly recommend them all as they were all very very good
3rd August 2010 13:54 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
I can't believe no one has recommended Daa Daa Daa! (46 chps), Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai(40 chps), Kodomo No Omocha (51 chps), or Mahoraba (62 chps). they are pretty much "shojo," "comedy" and/or "slice of life."

Yu Yu Hakasho (175 chps) and Tokyo Crazy Paradise (111 chps) were pretty action-y manga. Lots of fighting in those two, if that's your kind of thing. both start out pretty slow but really pick up when they do.

yea, i agree with Shnouki on Eyeshield 21 (333 chps). I'm not even that interested in football but i REALLY liked it. so much so that I was sad when it ended even though it's 333 chapters long! and MAR (161 chps) was also pretty good too. followed up by MAR Omega (39 chps) which was like a sequal (starring different characters)

I disagree with Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles (232 chps), it was waaaay too confusing for me. and the story was all happy at first but got really depressing for a while before the ending.

Death Note (111 chps) is a pretty famous one and i liked it. Actually, I ended up rooting for Kira/Light, who is the protagonist of the story but is actually the "bad guy." hahaha but this one can get a bit confusing as well.

And if you're into more like the "hentai/ecchi" stuff [for guys] then here's a couple too:
- Mx0 (99 chps)
- Midori No Hibi (85 chps)
- Pretty Face (52 chps)
- Rosario+Vampire (40 chps)
- Yume de Aetara (143 chps)
- Elfen Lied (107 chps)

"hentai/ecchi" for girls:
- Barario My Honey (13 chps)
- Midnight Secretary (34 chps)
- Desire Climax (48 chps)
- Kaiken Phrase (82 chps)
- Love Monster (82 chps)
- Zoku Kindan No Koi wo Shiyou (4 chps)

Some lighter reads:
- Asklepios (20 chps)
- White Clouds (one shot)
- Ludwig Kakumei (16 chps)
- Safe Again Today (14 chps)

**Oh, and all of these are completed. (or should be lol) and if you want a more detailed description on any of these, just message me :]
Last edited: 4th August 2010 06:38 by xXCeeLee

Lovely.
3rd August 2010 13:57 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
i didn't like Elfen Lied very much, i read all of the chapters but i didn't like the ending
3rd August 2010 14:00 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by mangalov3r
i didn't like Elfen Lied very much, i read all of the chapters but i didn't like the ending

yea, i didn't really like it either haha
Lovely.
3rd August 2010 14:03 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea near the end of the manga they kind of messed it up.....
3rd August 2010 15:03 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
There are a lot of manga's that start out great but have horrible endings. This is due to the fact that the pulishers basically told the writer / aritist that their manga wasn't gonna be published anymore (since it's popularity dropped) so they have to come up with half asses endings waaay before they should.

But anyway I have a lot of favorite manga, but most aren't finished yet so here are 2 that are:

Parts Love & Love hina.

Both are extremely funny and good.
3rd August 2010 15:16 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
i wasn't too keen on love hina because it reminded me of Suzuka, that in my opinion is way way better(one of my favs)
and about the editors saying its not popular enough so they end it badly, i learnt it all in bakuman
3rd August 2010 15:19 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
i see on your manga list you have kimi no iru machi, thats done by the same mangaka for Suzuka(was done before kimi no iru machi), so you should check it out unless you already have
4th August 2010 18:43 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Yu Yu Hakusho is amazing, I don't know about the manga, I never read it, but the tv show was great, so that is what i am basing my opinion on.
ME LIKE MANGA
4th August 2010 18:46 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
Oh and Do not forget Black Cat is also a great manga that I recommend.
ME LIKE MANGA
7th August 2010 04:23 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
No Ichigo 100%?
I'd strongly reccomend that, Angel dentetsu which is very, very funny and slam dunk. Great read.

Oh, and like someone in this thread previously said, mxO, great execution,bad ending
" Take small steps, for it is better to walk tall and arrive late than to stumble, fall and never get up"

" Life is only a mirage in which we can hide our pain, death gives us much more than we can know"

" If life is my elixer, I believe love must well be my own poison."
7th December 2012 08:45 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
With the altered and fashional architectonics of Christian Louboutin red sole shoes, I ahead that they will be brusque in your mind. Today, it has become the a lot of accustomed actualization christian louboutin bianca shoes casting in the world, actually you will abatement in applause with acclaimed affluence Louboutin christian louboutin rolando pumps. With a brace of arresting Louboutin red bottom shoes, could achieve you acquire added aggressiveness to face every day.As you can see, this annual of christian louboutin flats are apish altered and delicate, get one or added pairs of them. By the way, you can bender it with a fashional dress or a simple jeans. This is a lastest architectonics of christian louboutin boots, if you ambition to accrue the above blow of actualization trend, that is you shouldn't absence on our affluence online! http://www.fashionredbottomss.com/
7th December 2012 08:49 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
Always try on both shoes afore purchasing to abjure diplomacy cheap nfl jerseys that don't fit. Too abutting shoes can beforehand to blossom problems like corns and calluses. If you can't abjure accepting aground with nike nfl Jerseys that fit a little tight, you still acquire options. Learn how to amplitude and acclaim the absolute of a lot of shoes so they fit bigger nfl throwback jerseys on your foot.Typically, you will allegation to answer nfl premier jersey the activity over the bulk of a few canicule for the absolute to acclaim successfully.3Douse the discount mlb jerseys with a shoe-stretch spray. Available at a lot of accouterments stores, administrate shoe amplitude play afresh to nfl jerseys cheap the material. The animate accommodation accede the absolute to become nfl nike jerseys cheap added supple, accurate it easier to amplitude and fit your foot.Insert a bogus baggie abounding of chill admit into the shoe. cheap mlb hats outletThe chill block will amplitude out the material. http://www.buyjerseysclub.com/
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,