thoughts on Manhwa
26th April 2011 04:36 #61
Regular User
  • Send Message
Ah, I'm sorry for ruining it! I know I hate it when people spoil the ending for me. I didn't mean any spoilers, I just meant he gets... weirder.
Maybe if Emil had a backbone, I would have liked ToSDotNW. But if Emil had a backbone he would have died before the game started instead of wimping out on Marta. I bet he sleeps with all his lights on too. And Zelos... he was a little too sassy for my tastes. And so mean to Sheena! Except Sheena likes to kick his butt, so that mades it even.
Advent Rising? Never played it. I've heard the music when they put it together for Video Games Live, but I never bothered to play the game. The reason is I'm broke and I also have a problem with my dad disproving of anything vaguely questionable. Which is why I keep my Wii and my Tales games locked up tight in my room. Because all of the Tales games have a hot springs scene that would make my dad lock me up in a therapy cell. And it doesn't even show anything. >____>
I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
26th April 2011 11:18 #62
Irregular User
  • Send Message
you didn't spoil anything for me yet if there was a dog in tales it has to be a monster just like Noishe the main hero for tales of Symphonia 3!(speculation)
showing things aside you must admit Sheena has a VERY questionable outfit.
if Lloyd could use fire magic his call out would be BURN TO OBLIVION!
and Emil well only the darkness knows...

advent rising is a 3rd person shooter with bullet jumping, level up and magic elements not to mention a solid story. i wanted a sequel for that game more than for halo2.
Last edited: 26th April 2011 11:25 by terdflusher
30th April 2011 02:32 #63
Regular User
  • Send Message
Tales of Symphonia 3? I think after the second one it died, but I do kind of hope they make another. I hope it picks up after ToS 2 and shows the world's mana declining. That, or a prequel showing Mithos, Martel, Kratos, Yuan and the war. I'm curious about all that. But whatever happens, I pray Marta and Emil take a backseat!
Sheena does kind of bring the harassment on herself by dressing... like that.
If Lloyd could use magic he'd be a fire fairy instead of a angel. On that matter, why the heck does he not use any of his powers in ToS2?!
Emil sure lost his clothes to the darkness. And he got accused of being a Peeping Tom. He even had a title after it. Him and Lloyd are poor misguided heroes who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ad I just thought, how can Ratatosk manifest clothes??

Advent Rising more then Halo 2?! Wow, that's saying something. Halo is a pretty darn fun game. All right, I'll check it out.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
30th April 2011 02:33 #64
Regular User
  • Send Message
Woops, double post.
Last edited: 2nd May 2011 06:05 by RikuLovesYou

Call my name.
Forget my face.
30th April 2011 04:04 #65
Irregular User
  • Send Message
I'm seeing double am i OK?
Emil is dead and Lloyd is immortal so tales 3 follows Noishe as he finds himself in human form! you don't know about Noishe?
30th April 2011 07:35 #66
Regular User
  • Send Message
Just so you know a few people including me are sometimes having the problem of double, triple, quad etc. posting for some unknown reason.
30th April 2011 10:52 #67
Irregular User
  • Send Message
its fine from the outside it makes the forum appear to be more lively and not so dead

@Riku Emil is just a good actor he's actually much more naughty than Zelos and Ratatosk can't make clothes Emil was already wearing that(it's a joke i am not serious)
Last edited: 30th April 2011 10:57 by terdflusher
1st May 2011 10:52 #68
Regular User
  • Send Message
My favorite manga is actually a Manhwa. It's called Crazy Girl Shin Bai, and I absolutely love it! I think that the artwork and story-line of Manhwa can be a good change of pace :) I like it a lot.
Message me if you want, but please don't be an idiot. =.=

1st May 2011 15:10 #69
Irregular User
  • Send Message
i see i am not the only one who likes the difference of Manhwa.
i like it best when i start to feel that all manga fits into one stereotype or another.
2nd May 2011 06:11 #70
Regular User
  • Send Message
Ooops. Dang it, not again. Its a double post, please move on.
Last edited: 2nd May 2011 06:12 by RikuLovesYou

Call my name.
Forget my face.
2nd May 2011 06:12 #71
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Terdflusher - How about ToS3 be about how the world ends and everybody dies? Real happy, right? And Noishe doesn't talk, so he's not my favorite. But he does have soft looking ears. -////- And underneath it all, Emil is worse then Zelos. We can uncover him for his horrible scandals! The world will know the truth!
Also, I was conned. I started reading Witch Hunter and about twenty pages in I realized it was left to right instead of right to left if you know what I mean. I was a bit surprised, but I really liked it, despite being a manhwa. I guess I retract what I said about not liking them. Some manhwa are pretty amazing.
@ Mangaka - I know what you mean. Cursed double post!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
2nd May 2011 10:53 #72
Irregular User
  • Send Message
cheers for manhwa.
@riku you really don't know about Noishe?
OK i will tell you he is the immortal life that has been slowly evolving since the beginning of time. i believe that is what Kratos said.
and on the subject Richter is a Kratos replacement wannabe.
Last edited: 2nd May 2011 10:56 by terdflusher
3rd May 2011 05:47 #73
Regular User
  • Send Message
Noishe...? Well, I haven't played ToS in a long, long time. Did he really say that about Noishe?
Oh... I see... this is what wiki says.

"Despite Noishe's unusual appearance, Lloyd insists, often comically, that he is just an ordinary dog. However, it is revealed that Noishe is actually much older than Lloyd, and was originally befriended by Kratos over four thousand years ago. It is implied that he joined the party of Mithos, Kratos, Yuan, and Martel on their original journey to stop the Kharlan War and revive the Great Tree. Although Noishe apparently accompanied Mithos' party, and it is revealed in Dawn of the New World that Tenebrae met them before Martel was killed, Tenebrae seems to have no knowledge of Noishe other than that Dirk and Lloyd take care of him.

Noishe's true origins are revealed both by children in the elven village Heimdall and by Mithos himself. He is a Protozoan, the first race to be born in the world, being created "when the power of the Giant Kharlan Tree united with the land itself," reffering to when the Giant Kharlan Tree and the Summon Spirits were transplanted to that world from the comet-world of Derris-Kharlan. A creature guided by mana, he will change form for his entire life. His first form is the fish-like Aquan, the second a bird-like creature named Aeros, and the third form is the dog-like Arshis. The fourth form, Fenrilra, is unknown, and his final form is of a human who fights evil. Kratos has seen one of Noishe's evolutions, presumably from an Aeros to an Arshis. Speaking privately to Noishe, he expresses regret that he cannot be there for his next evolution, and requests that Noishe protect Lloyd.

As well as being extremely old, Noishe is also very intelligent. Mithos and Kratos speak to him knowing very well that he can understand them, and, in Dawn of the New World, Tenebrae converses with Noishe and laughs at a humourous story he tells."

Ah, now everything makes sense! For a second I thought you had gone off the deep end suggesting that Noishe could be the focus of the next game, but apparently my memory isn't as great as I thought. Sorry 'bout that! All right, now that I finally remembered, I agree that ToS3 should be created and Noishe should be the main character. Emil and Marta will be long dead (though I don't think I'll mind if Ratatosk sticks around, he was a pretty okay character despite some things), Noishe will be human, and Lloyd will still be around. Unless he picks a fight with anymore super-human freaky things. Even then, he'll probably kick butt.
Richter... I never quite made up my mind about him. Sometimes he was cool, sometimes I wanted to hit him. But now that you mention it, Kratos was a much better BA background character. Except the part where he wimped out when Loyd was fighting that "strong" summoning spirit in the elf woods. Besides that, I don't remember anything else I don't like about him, but I think my memory of ToS has already been proven faulty... I just decided I'm going to brush up on it by reading the manga.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
3rd May 2011 07:44 #74
Irregular User
  • Send Message
so you have seen the light! Noishe will be an awesome hero for tales 3.

my 7 hours in the car yesterday paid off when i went into game stop(my new and only favorite store) and bought a copy of Tales of Vesperia which was in great condition for a used game too
3rd May 2011 07:50 #75
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
HEYHEYHEY! Brosef, what is this?! when were you gonna tell your Chained-to-college brother about this? Fie fie fie, till the day i die. Where did you go that takes seven hours? message me some details or something.

And yeah, I want to see noishe kicking up some dust and beating down some baddies. If they did make another ToS game hopefully they bring back the 4 player awesomeness.
Last edited: 3rd May 2011 07:53 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,