thoughts on Manhwa
11th April 2011 18:21 #46
Regular User
  • Send Message
I agree with TurdFlusher read ARES!!! Its great in my opinion. yureka is good also.
Umm I hate to burst all your peoples bubbles though on the taking over the world. Sad thing is my plan has been in effect for a few years now and by december of next year I will be ruler of the planet. Its inevitable Been in effect for like 10 years now this grand scheme of mine.
So Its futile to argue bout ruling or anything, you are all already pawns in my ploy of domination. :) luvs to all!
Imagination is Everything

From the day I was born, until I die, the side I am on is my own.

Names Julien by the way!
18th April 2011 04:57 #47
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Turdflusher - Wait, tales as in Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia? Or something else?
@ Jens - You lame. Horses with spikes lame. I'm going to take over the world, PERIOD. >.<
@ Sirfrolov - Bleah. Fine, you can take over the planet (for now), I have greater schemes in play. I will take over... *pauses for effect* all existence and the universe! I am no pawn! I have ninja skills, a death scythe, and all superpowers! And dragons.
Last edited: 18th April 2011 04:58 by RikuLovesYou

I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
18th April 2011 15:43 #48
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
That was the most confusing thing i have ever read. i read every post in the thread and my mind is still catching up
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
19th April 2011 03:53 #49
Regular User
  • Send Message
I know what you mean. This thread was SUPPOSED to be about Manhwa, but apparently it should be renamed "Who's the True Ruler of the World?" Would you like to cast your vote?
Call my name.
Forget my face.
20th April 2011 15:09 #50
Irregular User
  • Send Message
if you absolutely loved reading Ares you might want to try Nephilim John it has the same author/artist

@riku yes that would be Tales of Symphonia i mention this in a different thread but that is my all time favorite game also i played tales of vesperia and tales of eternia and tales of the world but not abyss
21st April 2011 05:20 #51
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Terdflusher - Really, you've never played Tales of Abyss? You have to play it at least once. I've played Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, Abyss, Legendia, and Vesperia. My favorite is... hm, I don't know. I like them all, but after playing so many Tales games they feel really familiar. The first RPG I ever played was Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It was good (despite Emil and Marta being all-around kind of annoying) and I was glad to see all the old characters again. They were all backstagers though, which made me mad.
I've never played Eternia or Tales of the World. T.T Are they good?
If you like Tales of Symphonia, what others games do you like? Personally I like Shadow Hearts, Kingdom Hearts (2 and above only though), kind of Star Ocean, Drakengard, and Ookami.
Sorry I'm talking so much. I've just never encountered anyone else that likes RPG's. Or at least ones I'm familiar with.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
21st April 2011 08:28 #52
Irregular User
  • Send Message
WOW man am i jealous i can't even get a hold of a copy of vesperia
eternia and The World are portable games soo that about sums it up.

i am so glad i didn't play dawn of the new world first it might have taken just about all my interest away from the TALES games
i just love to hate that game only 2 useable characters and they are both so hate able and don't get me started on the monster pets(pretend there is a hate face here)

i actually made a whole thread about games so i dont know why i post this here
Last edited: 21st April 2011 08:32 by terdflusher
22nd April 2011 08:27 #53
Regular User
  • Send Message
Vesperia is hard to get a hold of. I was super lucky when I walked in a used game store and snagged up the game before anyone saw it. That was about a month ago too. Try looking around the used game stores. If you search real hard, you will succeed! And if you really can't find it, there's always Amazon and stuff. You can buy it kind of cheap, and the sites are pretty reliable, but you never know what condition they're in.
So wait, Eternia and The World aren't that good? I know portable games usually stink, but I still want to make sure. I don't want to miss any super-good Tales games!
Dawn of the New World was pretty lame. I could have dealt with the whole "Gotta Catch Em' All" thing if the characters were better! And the story was short and LAME!
And I'm not sure why I'm posting about games here either. I guess I'm too lazy to find the game thread.
Another "And", aren't they coming out with a new Tales game on the wii sometime? I don't remember much, but I think I saw the opening. The art looked like the older games art, or at least the cover did.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
22nd April 2011 08:45 #54
Irregular User
  • Send Message
PSP was EPIC.
tales of the world was a mass get together of the tales characters it made them all into a guild and you create your own player character so it was really different from the other games.

eternia was decent but the characters felt a bit bland and the battles were single plane so you could juggle bosses in the corner for an easy win to tell the truth i think i liked dawn of the world better
you might not even know witch characters you could have join your group and i don't know if they change the general game or (Skits)
Last edited: 22nd April 2011 08:48 by terdflusher
23rd April 2011 03:19 #55
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hmmm, now I'm determined to get a PSP for the sake of playing Tot World. And I hate single plane. I like the system used in ToS Dawn of the New World (the only thing I liked I think). Also, its kind of cool to use monsters, but they shouldn't rip off Pokemon. I liked using ONE monster in battle, like with Vesperia. I kind of take back the whole "I hate ToSDoNW story. It did surprise me, so I guess it was okay.
Have you seen the Tales of Symphonia anime? I thought it was pretty funny, and expanded on the character's interactions and personalities.
I really wonder what the next game is going to be like.. (Once again, the thread is not about Manhwa any more...)
Call my name.
Forget my face.
23rd April 2011 09:04 #56
Irregular User
  • Send Message
single plane i mean is you see the ground flat like the horizon and you can only move left or right on the screen or jump like side scrolling games almost and Tot World uses the free run system like in dawn of the world.
they are both great games but the disk player on my PSP broke so i can't play anymore

i did watch the first part of the anime for ToS.
and the next game i will buy without second thought so i will own the game and it will be mine!!! and i won't have to buy it second hand off the internet.

manwha is very supportive of games i have read 2 that are about games so this is still within the general limits of the topic
Last edited: 23rd April 2011 09:12 by terdflusher
24th April 2011 09:37 #57
Regular User
  • Send Message
Nice save.
I want to pounce on the next Tales game the moment it comes out! Tales of Graces is a wii game that has been in released in Japan (lucky little stinkers) but has no release date for the U.S yet. After that comes Tales of Xillia, which is to be released in Japan in 2011 on the PS3. (So sad! I don't have a PS3! ) Tales of Hearts was released in Japan some time ago, but I don't think its been released in America quite yet either. Why can't they make the games faster?
And to relate to manwha, I read Blast, which was made by the Koreans. Didn't like it. I also read something else... don't remember what it was called. I didn't like that either. I guess my loyalty truly is to the Japanese.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
24th April 2011 12:38 #58
Irregular User
  • Send Message
i won't let that slide in this thread you must at least look at Ares, Yureka and veritas before you say that!

also while i was playing another (anime game) my brother commented that all the characters were about the same as in other games they easily fit into the stereotypical roles and whatnot and it was True!
that game was a little bit less fun for me after that.

did you call Repede a monster?!
noway you must have meant raven.
25th April 2011 01:24 #59
Regular User
  • Send Message
AHAHAHA! Poor Raven. He is kind of a freaky little beast at the end. And Repede IS a monster, but a very cute one. I would definitely be like Estelle and follow Repede everywhere until he likes me. But seriously, I think Tenenbre is cuter. He's black, and he's got *pauses for effect* PAW PADS!!! OMG!!! Not to mention he talks and gets all the main characters into trouble all the time. Especially in the case between Emil and Sheena. Now that was major awkward.
And yes, all RPG's are alike, especially the Tales games. But I like 'em anyway.
You're going to need so major convincing skills to get me to read any more manhwa. I love manga so much that manhwa doesn't even show up on my radar. Kyaaa! Japanese manga!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
25th April 2011 03:57 #60
Irregular User
  • Send Message
i should probably have informed you earlier but i have not finished tales of vesperia not by a long shot

emil poor emil all i can say is that he should be beaten like zelos
then he might not be so pathetic as to call out for mommy because its dark

i really want to say that i think advent rising is an awesome game epic even just because i am thinking back to past games
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,