Why aren't there as many manga here as on other sites?
30th January 2011 04:43 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
How long ago was this site made? There are tons more manga on other sites. Just wondering, don't think me daft, I'm new here. Anyway, this is my fist thread and post, so anyone who wants to have a random conversation with me, feel free.
PS, does the site have to get permission to use scans from Mangafox? I've seen a few that are from there...
PPS, anyone here like Kingdom Hearts? You'll be my instant buddy if you do!
Last edited: 30th January 2011 04:52 by RikuLovesYou

I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
30th January 2011 05:12 #2
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
I like kingdom hearts i started playing recoded last coulpe weeks ago.

Why dont you post a greeting for yourself in thr introduction forums every one here is really nice.
Last edited: 30th January 2011 05:15 by Death_Case

Die Teen Drama Die!!! *stabs Teen Drama*
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
30th January 2011 06:54 #3
not you
  • Send Message
there may not be as much manga here but what i like best about it is that its simple to use. besides if you read that thing at the top right of the page you'll see that andy is adding 2,000 new series.
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
30th January 2011 08:28 #4
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Didn't andy hit the 2000 new manga mark a week ago?? Mangable is not that old is it? You have to ask a"senior" member most of us joined last year or ask andy

Anyway back to the subject andy change to a new sever so it is faster and it as more memorie so more room for new manga
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
30th January 2011 10:08 #5
not you
  • Send Message
weeeell, the thingie on top talks about adding 2k "new" series'. andy just said that the amount of series' on the site passed the 2,000 mark so we still get lots more manga to read cheers
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
30th January 2011 17:07 #6
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Understood
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
30th January 2011 17:07 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Yeah, I don't really notice it, but hey, it's got more than enough for me, and besides, I love the fact that I don't have to fill my bookmarks to keep track of my place in reading them! And andy doesn't go out and fetch the manga, they are brought to us by the people who scanned them and whatnot.
Officially Certified Goofball
30th January 2011 17:10 #8
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Mmmhhhmmmm,.....(dont know what to say)
30th January 2011 17:11 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Death_Case
Mmmhhhmmmm,.....(dont know what to say)

then don't post! That's called spam...
31st January 2011 03:16 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
You all sound like nice people! (Uber random moment...) Except that comment about spam... jk. Anyway, I've been using Mangable for half a year, but never joined as a member. Hope it's worth it! I want to meet other crazy otaku like me! (Hmmm, I'm not crazy, just crazy for awesome anime!)
Death_Case, I haven't played Re:Coded yet. Ooooh, I'm so envious!
Anyway, I did notice the site is much faster, but I've yet to see those thousand new manga starting to show up. They're probably there though.
Double anyway, thanks for answering my question. I'm going to have to figure out how to navigate the site without running into a virtual wall. (I think I've done that before... )
I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
31st January 2011 03:49 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by RikuLovesYou
You all sound like nice people! (Uber random moment...) Except that comment about spam... jk. Anyway, I've been using Mangable for half a year, but never joined as a member. Hope it's worth it! I want to meet other crazy otaku like me! (Hmmm, I'm not crazy, just crazy for awesome anime!)
Anyway, I did notice the site is much faster, but I've yet to see those thousand new manga starting to show up. They're probably there though.
Double anyway, thanks for answering my question. I'm going to have to figure out how to navigate the site without running into a virtual wall. (I think I've done that before... )

Yeah, I didn't notice them either, then I started checking the daily updates... that list of new manga series is pretty big...
31st January 2011 08:26 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
u know what i always thought this site had more manga than any of the other manga sites! (weird huh?) but now that i think about it i guess its cuz most of the manga series i want to read and am looking for are on this site! and i agree with NanoCarp, on mangable everything u read can be save so i dont hve to write the pages of long lists on a word document on the computer or even in my note book! (which is much easier right? i luve this site, its the best one yet [for manga anyways])
never judge a book by it's cover!' - never get bored of this quote!
u can call me Mana!

31st January 2011 17:17 #13
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
yep its true this site has less mangas
but when you really want to read a manga you like make a thread in ''Request New Manga Series'' and andy will check if he can put it on this site.

There where not that many mangas becuase that would have changed the quality of the mangas becuase they would be to big for the site to handle. But he made the site faster and bigger and he wants to put alot of mangas on the site
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
10th February 2011 07:12 #14
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Originally posted by RikuLovesYou

This site is actually pretty nice considering all the others ones out there. I've only been to about twenty different sites but this place is the first one I've seen with the dashboard concept as nice as it is. I may have missed it if there was but whatever.Plus the site keeps expanding, it's only been a year since i joined(add a couple months for when i wasn't a registered user) and a lot of stuff has been added to the site.

I don't think this makes me an otaku but check out my list of manga. My dashboard is a mess though so some of the mangas are in the wrong tabs like i've stopped reading a few but i gurantee i've read a few chapters of every single manga there.
Incidentally, is there anyone out there with a list as big or bigger than mine?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,