What books do you like to read?
30th January 2011 04:14 #1
not you
  • Send Message
i would just like to know what everyone else likes to read when they aren't reading manga (if there ever is a time). I personally love reading scifi-fantasy books. but i like reading stuff by Clive Cussler and a few books by other authors as well. have a small library in my room.
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
30th January 2011 05:09 #2
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Lets see I love thrillers from R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike and Edgar Allan Poe. My favorite romance books are 'Summer im the City' and 'Icing on the Lake' and the twilight series, but I seriously hate the movie! :) well thats what I like dont judge me
Die Teen Drama Die!!! *stabs Teen Drama*
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
30th January 2011 09:31 #3
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
My parents thinks (well my dad at lease) it is a miracle that I'm actually read a decent book. haha.

Let me see the book I have read in the past 5 years is the twilight series (not a fan of the movies thou) and the vampire academy series and I think a few years back I read the harry potter series from books 3 to 7
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
30th January 2011 17:13 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
Wtf is a book? I just read manga. lol kidding. Really though I don't read a whole lot outside of manga.
Officially Certified Goofball
30th January 2011 17:18 #5
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Really?
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
30th January 2011 17:38 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Death_Case
Really?

Yeah, I even went as far as to try and configure the Kindle I got for Christmas to work with mangable.

And no, it didn't work too well... It works, but it's really inefficient.
Last edited: 30th January 2011 17:39 by NanoCarp

Officially Certified Goofball
30th January 2011 17:46 #7
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Nowadays i've been to lazy to read regular books I jall asleep reading them
30th January 2011 19:30 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
..................umm.......................let me think................
............................................................*still thinking*...................
right, i dont realy have a specific type of books or anything, just like to read whenever i'm bored! >o>zZZ
well u could say they have to have action in it, a little romance.....maybe comedy too and cliff hangers! (its much more interisting that way, even hought it can get reeaally annoying somtimes =S)
ofcourse the book should be fun to read (NOT BORING!)
but recently, i haven't been reading cuz as u can see am 24/7 on mangable either reading manga or replying on some of the forumes!
(but right now i'm doing both, at the same time doing my art HW...)
never judge a book by it's cover!' - never get bored of this quote!
u can call me Mana!

31st January 2011 17:23 #9
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
haha NanoCarp is so right

i dont read books except books for my study.
the last time i read a book (not a manga, comic or a book for my study) was about 2 years ago. lol, not kidding
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
2nd February 2011 06:21 #10
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Thats reeeeeaaaalllly long sorta but my parents yell if I read.too much manga so online is better so it looks like im working but im actully reading manga
2nd February 2011 08:41 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
Thats reeeeeaaaalllly long sorta but my parents yell if I read.too much manga so online is better so it looks like im working but im actully reading manga

LOL! u know we both are in the same situation here, but even when i'm reading online i still get caught! my mum starts lecturing me to study on my GCSEs and even my sisters are against me - they think manga is a WASTE-OF-TIME crap!!!!!

right i know, i'm living through hell and its anoying since everyone in here hates the word manga ([!] i have 6 sisters and 2 brothers by the way ) .....but i still read anyways and ignore there comments (go me..)
u know, knowing the reabel i am i also read in school whenever i get the chance (in lessons too ) and thats another thing good about this web, the school dosn't know about it so its not banned.

@MrAcid : i agree with death thats way too long, just gives me the impression, anything other than manga you don't read books at all..
(i have no rights to talk since i was like that, well before i was forced to read them by my best friend anyways..)
never judge a book by it's cover!' - never get bored of this quote!
u can call me Mana!

2nd February 2011 09:59 #12
Death's best friend
  • Send Message

You thinks that long I haven't seen my brother reading a book (without being forced too by the school) in like 3 years or more
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
2nd February 2011 14:09 #13
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
@ Death and mangaluver: Lol are manga forbidden where you come from.
When i was in highschool i never made homework and i still passed everything but i am also pretty smart so it probably that.
My parents almost never saw me making homework. They did care that i didnt make homework but i passed almost everything.
But right now i make all my homework at school because university is way different than highschool.

@mangaluver: WOW 9 kids. Your parents really have been busy.

and i read textbooks for school but i dont want to read books, so its going to be longer than 2 years

@uni2123: Oh the last time i read a book i was forced by school.
The last time i read a book out of free will was like 5 years ago i really hate reading books
sorry people
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
2nd February 2011 15:51 #14
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
@MrAcid: not forbiden I can read it but not in front of my parents

@Mangaluver: I only have 1 brother and he reads manga like me amd my cousin got me reading manga vause my dad wanted me to read a book but she only had manga
3rd February 2011 11:35 #15
not you
  • Send Message
i guess ill go read a book in the corner by myself
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,