Stop the Internet Blacklist
28th September 2010 00:12 #1
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee this Thursday.

If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media copanies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed form the internet and not just in the US.

Please see the following article from the Huffington Post for more information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-segal/stop-the-internet-blackli_b_739836.html

Please take the time to sign this petition:
http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/
28th September 2010 00:54 #2
Mangable OG
  • Send Message
...My God...
It's the Lambizzle, yo.

Moo ^.^
28th September 2010 02:28 #3
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
That's a sick AoB. the government should spend their time fixing things that need to be fixed and if they really cared about just cleaning up copyright infringement i am sure they could think of a better way to do it.
remember, america isn't really a democracy anyway, don't be surprised if this goes through and the only websites we can use are govt sponsored

where it says B up there is supposed to be a P so yeah i don't know how i messed that up but yeah and stuff
Last edited: 9th October 2010 18:56 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
28th September 2010 08:42 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
those bitches! how could they!
i'll sign the petition
28th September 2010 08:44 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
ive signed it
28th September 2010 08:59 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
WTF!! america is in the hell of a country now..damn!!
"Die Welt in Frieden? Ich würde lieber sehen die Welt in Stücke"
(The world at peace? I'd rather see the
world in pieces)
-Hitler!!
28th September 2010 17:43 #7
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
what the hell is that
such a stupid law proposal
and it even effects countrys outside the US

thanks honheimen for letting people know
and i signed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
28th September 2010 18:33 #8
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid
what the hell is that

and i signed.

well any important law like that which is approved in US can affect the other countries, which is why those politicians should use that small brain of theirs to think better before approving such laws

you should thank you to the admins from demonoid which posted there this article, i only wanted to make this thing known to more people
28th September 2010 19:39 #9
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Honheimen
what the hell is that

and i signed.

well any important law like that which is approved in US can affect the other countries, which is why those politicians should use that small brain of theirs to think better before approving such laws

you should thank you to the admins from demonoid which posted there this article, i only wanted to make this thing known to more people

o oke thanks admins from demonoid
but this is the first step to stop freedom of speech

but i never would have thought that they are that stupid
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
28th September 2010 22:10 #10
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
what the hell is that

and i signed.

o oke thanks admins from demonoid
but this is the first step to stop freedom of speech

but i never would have thought that they are that stupid

well as long as they will receive "good funding" from business men and companies they will do whatever laws those companies requires for a good profit
1st October 2010 21:32 #11
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
Update: On September 30, 2010, the Senate Judiciary Committee postponed the scheduled markup of the Internet censorship bill — a fantastic outcome, given that the entertainment industry and their allies in Congress had hoped this bill would be quickly approved before the Senators went home for the October recess. Massive thanks to all who used the EFF Action Center to write to your Senators to oppose this bill.

This gives the public more time to remind legislators why any bill that interferes with the infrastructure of the Internet is a bad idea. This bill will be back soon enough, and Congress will again need to hear from concerned citizens like you. So stay tuned to EFF.org for new developments!
2nd October 2010 10:31 #12
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Update: On September 30, 2010, the Senate Judiciary Committee postponed the scheduled markup of the Internet censorship bill — a fantastic outcome, given that the entertainment industry and their allies in Congress had hoped this bill would be quickly approved before the Senators went home for the October recess. Massive thanks to all who used the EFF Action Center to write to your Senators to oppose this bill.

This gives the public more time to remind legislators why any bill that interferes with the infrastructure of the Internet is a bad idea. This bill will be back soon enough, and Congress will again need to hear from concerned citizens like you. So stay tuned to EFF.org for new developments!

that it is postponed is a good thing but it isn't over because it will come back. I really hope that they just drop that stupid law.
2nd October 2010 10:57 #13
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
i think that it is a first step, and I dont think that ISP like this law very much because this law wont just screw with their servers but they will also lose a lot of clients when they will start to remove servers, so I still think that we have a chance that the law wont pass.
Last edited: 2nd October 2010 10:57 by Honheimen

2nd October 2010 11:03 #14
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
i hope so
and if it pass i am going to use an internet server that doesnt use it
2nd October 2010 11:11 #15
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
if it will pass i believe that most of the internet users will avoid using US servers for their sites, which will result in big loss of money, but i am afraid that other countries will follow US and try to make this law available in their country
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,