Englishhh~
23rd October 2010 17:20 #16
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
lol pretty funny stories

i started learning english in school and like most people by watching tv and playing video games.
And english is unavoidable here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
18th December 2010 07:11 #17
Regular User
  • Send Message
I was born and raised in the US so I grew up learning English. Video games, school, siblings and parents, books... All helped me learn!
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/mwpn3q.jpg[/IMG]
28th January 2011 06:22 #18
Uni's Best Friend <3
  • Send Message
Originally posted by uni2123
I was born in Nz but english wasn'tmy first language cantonese was my first language.

I started learning the english language at kindergarden and now I speak english fluently (almost anyway) but now I can hard speak cantonese to my parents plus I try learn mandarin but that was an epic FAIL same thing happen to my younger silbings.

I want to learn Japanese but.......that is not going to well

Ahah that that happened to me too
Die Teen Drama Die!!! *stabs Teen Drama*
Teen Drama: never mwahahahah!!! Agh noooooo *falls into epic whirlpool of evil in whih it came from*
26th March 2012 10:13 #19
Regular User
  • Send Message
english is a compulsory subject in my country but school is NOT where I pick up the language.. though maybe it's a contributing factor... Disney and Cartoonetwork are english right? hehe, that's my base english. Then classic novels which is basically my childhood novel. Then, in highshool, My friend came from an english-speaking family so since she sits beside me for 5 years, I speak english with her all the time. (since my country have so many race, we usually go to a school that matches our mother's language; Malay, Chinese, Tamil or English- but there's also my type of school- a merge of all races kind of school)
14th June 2012 02:28 #20
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by peachypeach
Well like the most people I learned english from school since third grade.
But due to the fact that english is a world language, it's everywhere in daily life. So even little children can pick up a few words. ;-)

Yeah, English is our second language in our country. I learned it from school. In our country it is an advantage if you know how to speak and understand english.
>chi<

Live a Life with Love
13th October 2012 15:24 #21
Regular User
  • Send Message
I'm a second generation Canadian so I grew up speaking English. I've been in the French Immersion program all through school, so I'm technically bilingual. My French is not nearly as strong as my English though.
COME CHAT WITH US: MANGABLE CHAT
1st December 2012 02:54 #22
Regular User
  • Send Message
The Tunisia Investment and International Cooperation Minister Riad?
North Face Outlet Locations Bei Tabu AfDB loan will help the interim government of Tunisia to take urgent and effective measures to deal with due to the revolution brought about social and economic development needs. North Face Down Parka
22nd January 2013 00:01 #23
Regular User
  • Send Message
I started to lern englosh in school around the age of 8 but I couldn't speak it when I was 16 (8 years of learning english right to hell). The when I was going to high school (Gymnasium here in sweden) I moved away from my parantes at the age of 16 and was going to a school with people from all over sweden and even norway, finland and a year later one from spain. When I was going in high school I started to read manga and watch anime, all with english subs so there is where I started to learn english (maybe alittle from games).
I'm really happy that I finally can speak english. Today I speak english everyday with some friends from England and US.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,