Englishhh~
6th August 2010 12:56 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
so, i've noticed that a lot of different people from around the world use Mangable and that's great! (we're so multi-cultural!) but i was wondering, where did everyone learn to speak/write english??

as for me, i grew up speaking/writing. (USA)
Lovely.
6th August 2010 13:01 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
English isn't my first language..

i learned it from school 'cause its part of our basic curriculum since kindergarten (never been in nursury )..

but even people who doesn't go to school here knows how to speak English 'cause they hear it everywhere..

sometimes our language has some English in it too..
meow :3
6th August 2010 13:20 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
well im english, so......................................
But on a serious note. I was born in Islington, London. I was raised and still living in Highgate, London. But saying all this I'm from an Irish family, as you can guess from the name Finbar Danagher (If you're Irish)
From all that you can guess I was brought up learning the English language as my first language.
Last edited: 7th August 2010 09:28 by mangalov3r

6th August 2010 14:39 #4
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
I also live in the UK, and have lived here since birth.

Took French at school for 5 years, but still can't speak a word of it.
Took German for 2 years.. can't speak a word of that either
6th August 2010 21:07 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well I'm from Ireland, so I grew up speaking both English and Irish at home. :)
This user would like to announce that she is in fact dsylexic, has a wonky keyboard and is often chemically inconvenient. The user requests you take spelling and grammatical errors with a pinch of salt.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
7th August 2010 07:20 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
Romanian devil here and thankfuly, when I was 5>7 or so Cartoon Network was still in English and I used to watch cartoons all the time, so I took up English from there.

Let's not forget all the American movies there were out there so I pretty much took it from TV.

Then learned at school. Then found interwebz, mmos and so on.
Echii is my middle name !
8th August 2010 16:30 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well like the most people I learned english from school since third grade.
But due to the fact that english is a world language, it's everywhere in daily life. So even little children can pick up a few words. ;-)
9th August 2010 02:05 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
well i learned english from school too since umm first grade? but i´m from Mexico hehe and i usually speak spanish
9th August 2010 09:25 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by peachypeach
But due to the fact that english is a world language, it's everywhere in daily life. So even little children can pick up a few words. ;-)

Maybe so, but I met a guy once, insted of "I" he used "ay" and that was in a MMORPG that I was playing and he was a high lvl also. So ... some may pick words but some just are dumb and don't know ****
Echii is my middle name !
9th August 2010 18:04 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Poem
Originally posted by peachypeach

Maybe so, but I met a guy once, insted of "I" he used "ay" and that was in a MMORPG that I was playing and he was a high lvl also. So ... some may pick words but some just are dumb and don't know ****

Well yeah.... what I meant was some ads in the tv, in magazines or something like that. But I get your point. It's so sad when little kids learn wrong language from something like a MMORPG and don't even know it's not right...

Here in germany it's so horrible. Teenager can't even talk their motherlanguage properly because they made up something like a slang. They mix a lot of words from other languages altogether and act aaaaall high and mighty... little gangsterboys and girls.
At times you can't even understand what he/she was trying to tell you.
9th August 2010 19:00 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
I grew up knowing English. Though I doubt I'll be able to speak fluently in any other languages, I'm learning a little bit of Finnish, French, and Japanese. I think it's cool that so many people in the world are multilingual. (But then it makes me feel like a dunce )
Hedvig
10th August 2010 01:25 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
nah keep trying i know you can learn a language fluently, so keep it up especially with japanese cause i would be hell jealous if you learnt that fluently
31st August 2010 01:45 #13
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I was born in Nz but english wasn'tmy first language cantonese was my first language.

I started learning the english language at kindergarden and now I speak english fluently (almost anyway) but now I can hard speak cantonese to my parents plus I try learn mandarin but that was an epic FAIL same thing happen to my younger silbings.

I want to learn Japanese but.......that is not going to well
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
5th September 2010 12:31 #14
Is my wish.
  • Send Message
Well my family basically moved to florida (US) when I was like 11 and threw me in school. Did I really have a choice?
23rd October 2010 15:43 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
French was my first language. I learned English by relatives/family members and eventually school and television. Mostly television though, the bright colors kept me sane ;)
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,