Digital Life: Digital Armageddon aka SOPA.
20th January 2012 11:59 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) is a U.S. House bill to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods. Proposals include barring advertising networks and payment facilities from conducting business with allegedly infringing websites, barring search engines from linking to the sites, and requiring Internet service providers (ISP) to block access to the sites. The bill would criminalize the streaming of such content, with a maximum penalty of five years in prison. (taken from Wikipedia)

im pretty concerned about this law. even though im not American, im pretty certain, its gonna change the internet. its gonna affect the world.Ive watched the videos on other sites concerning about SOPA. so what do you think will happen? will it change your life? or better yet, will affect Mangable and other sites concerning Anime and Manga?

So, What Do You Think?
Hate me if you can! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! just kidding!... seriously, im practically unhateable... i think... ummmmmm... what?
21st January 2012 01:00 #2
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I think the SOPA and PIPA bills are stupid. It feels like they are controling the internet. I even join the I HATE SOPA/PIPA group on facebook. SOPA and PIPA is gonna affect everyone's life especially those who loves anime and manga. You can download anime cause most of file sharing websites are base in america (correct me if I'm wrong). Already people are shutting down their sites because of the bill. My friend shut down his site cause he lives in America and he provides anime for anime lovers and he just started that site as well.

I hear that if SOPA does get sign the first site they are gonna take down is youtube.com.
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
21st January 2012 05:07 #3
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
I wonder, would it make all of us american users that use sites such as this one criminal? I heard that they will also be able to control what sites US citizens can even access. Scary stuff. If it was only to stop piracy I would be all for it though. I heard school rumble got canceled because more people were being pirates than purchasers. I am fairly sure taht censoring our internet is a foul against our constitution as well but the govt probly won't see it that way.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
21st January 2012 07:43 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
sopa is dead there was confirmation... somewhere i don't remember where i read it. pipa is shelved for awhile. and the entertainment industry is on a rampage. since the entertainment industry is falling they are trying to take everyone with them.
21st January 2012 10:50 #5
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Thats good news to hear. I can download with ease now.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

21st January 2012 12:39 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
whew. but still, i was scared really seriously scared. think about it, not only US but the whole world if internet is concerned. as they say "Nobody own the Internet,The Internet own you".
Hate me if you can! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! just kidding!... seriously, im practically unhateable... i think... ummmmmm... what?
21st January 2012 20:44 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
it's gotten worse. MU was taken out (mostly due to idiots in charge becoming to big for there britches and screwing up.) after that anonymous in protest took out 10 government websites for a day. this year will be interesting! or fatal! just not sure which...
21st January 2012 23:41 #8
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I cant believe Kim Dotcom (cool name by the way) the founder of Megaupload (MU) got arrested in New Zealand, just north of the city that I was living in and he was living in a $30 million dollar home (GIVE ME THAT 30 MILL)
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,