story time?
15th June 2011 10:35 #1
not you
  • Send Message
a few weeks ago, i was messaged by akira3445. he had this idea to come up with our own story. i thought it would be fun so i started sending him ideas. just making this thread to see if anyone wants to join in on the fun.

here's some random stuff i came up with.

a hundred years into the future. science has developed well and had given mankind a different future. but then suddenly, a world wide catastrophe decimates the planet and suddenly, half the human population finds themselves able to use magic.

was thinking about making a war between between the normal humans and the magic people with the reason being the mages disgusted at how much technology had destroyed the planet in the past and the regular humans (since they relied so much on it, advanced science onto a new level) disgusted by how extreme and overzealous the mages were being.

orr, the story could be about how the MC survives the post-catastrophic world and tries to find the reason why the "event" happened and is also trying to help rebuild the world etc etc.

another funny idea i seen online is a yandere harem. lulz will be had. funny change from all the standard tsundere moe stuff the anime industry has been cranking out recently.

orrr, how about typical anime stereotypes except mixed up. eg, a tsundere male, a crazy perverted crazy lady, or maybe a girl MC that powers up every time she yells. or a reverse harem? 1 girl followed around by a bunch of guys? or how about a protagonist and antagonist that are both of about equal strength and both get stronger and both experience wins and losses instead of the normal protagonist against all odds?

soo yerrr, these were just a bunch of random ideas. Constructive criticism both welcome and encouraged. Post your ideas and well see how far this gets
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
15th June 2011 13:54 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
This is going to be great, IAmPanda! Pretty soon we will have a lot of people sending ideas!
Wave Master (波のマスター)
Aerial Combo Master (空気のコンボのマスター)
Element Master (要素のマスター)
16th June 2011 21:59 #3
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
or how about the magic users think they are better becuase they have magic.
They think they are the next step in evolution and are trying to kill everyone that is not a magic user
Last edited: 16th June 2011 22:00 by MrAcid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
18th June 2011 16:17 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
That's great too! Keep sending ideas everyone!
Wave Master (波のマスター)
Element Master (要素のマスター)
20th July 2011 05:05 #5
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I have an idea maybe one of the reason why they are killing non-magic users is to find the one person that can cancel out magic users
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
20th July 2011 11:56 #6
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
could you have aliens? like while the mage and normal people are in war they are being attacked by aliens, but the aliens dont plan to launch a direct attack they plan to increase the magnitude of the war so that the mages and the people would destroy between them and no one but the heroes realises the existence of this being and the heroes have to fight against the war and aliens to save the planet

or maybe the power of the mages have been given by aliens which are conducting an experiment to obtain a unique elements,or something special, which is needed to complete their next step towards wining an intergalactic war
22nd July 2011 11:51 #7
not you
  • Send Message
@Honheimen
oohh i see, if you go with the first scenario, the aliens would need some sort of distinct power or advantage or something over the humans. with the technological humans already highly advanced and the mages with their absurdly powerful magic, the aliens would not last long.. might i suggest them being able to assimilate humans?

@uni
or how about the science side was conducting expirements and only one of which were successfull. being unable to reproduce those results, they seal him/her off from the world so that they could study and conduct expirements on the test subject. something goes wrong and the subject escapes and is let out into the world. however, being able to cancel magic, the person is being chased by both the science and magic sides. Or, since the rest of the mage's acquired their powers natrually, the MC could be the only one who "acquired" his/her power.
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
22nd July 2011 12:04 #8
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
Originally posted by IAmPanda
@Honheimen
oohh i see, if you go with the first scenario, the aliens would need some sort of distinct power or advantage or something over the humans. with the technological humans already highly advanced and the mages with their absurdly powerful magic, the aliens would not last long.. might i suggest them being able to assimilate humans?

I was thinking that aliens to be about the same level with mages in power and advance technology seems the basic thing for aliens
but they wouldnt be able to overpower humans they would just be around the same level so if they would launch a direct attack and start a full scale war they may lose or win with big casualties on their side so thats why they would try a guerilla type of war by infiltrating in the humans organisations gaining positions of powers on both sides of normals and mages and implant their troops so that they can make the humans destroy between them and after that they could come and finish the rest of the forces and claim the planet
25th July 2011 19:12 #9
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Or how about the magic users see a vision of a person destroying the magic users. So they try to hunt him but because he is hunted and his family and friends are killed. He becomes the person out of the magic users visions and he tries to take revenge.
Last edited: 25th July 2011 19:13 by MrAcid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
25th July 2011 22:49 #10
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
Originally posted by MrAcid
Or how about the magic users see a vision of a person destroying the magic users. So they try to hunt him but because he is hunted and his family and friends are killed. He becomes the person out of the magic users visions and he tries to take revenge.

its a good idea it reminds me of the plot of the movie terminator
26th August 2011 01:23 #11
Regular User
  • Send Message
This is great! This story can be better than all others.
Wave Master (波のマスター)
Element Master (要素のマスター)
26th August 2011 17:59 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
This sounds like a really interesting story. Aliens would be awesome as long as they are not the typical aliens and are something really original. Adapted to a totally different environment with different senses to us or lacking in some of the ones we have. Possibly think about why they would be invading earth and not just a mindless attack.

The mages could have come to exist because of scientific experiments with alien findings and somehow an experiment went wrong and leaked out and made people into mages and that could be connected to why the aliens came to earth and not jupiter O.o
Chocolate
30th August 2011 18:31 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
Well the story is a little complex than that.
Wave Master (波のマスター)
Element Master (要素のマスター)
31st August 2011 08:59 #14
Regular User
  • Send Message
Just a couple of ideas. Getting brain juces flowing...
Chocolate
31st August 2011 11:32 #15
Forum Alchemist
  • Send Message
i was thinking that maybe the planet should have more than just 2 sides, like there should be more types of humans every type with their country
like a country of mages, a country of high tech humans who could also have some big robots, a country with great martial arts masters of all kinds,a country of alchemists, a country of religious fanatics which worship gods to get powers from them like invoking spirits and gods to borrow their powers, and stuff like that.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,