Usernames
3rd May 2011 05:12 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
I've been wondering, why did everyone choose the username they did? There's always a story behind it. For example, I chose my username after my own name and a character from Kingdom Hearts. His name was Riku, and I thought he was awesome for a while. And since I liked his name, and I happened to be in a good mood, I put RIkuLovesYou as my username. Barely three days after choosing that username I play Kingdom Hearts 2 and discover that I like the character Roxas forty times more. The moment I decided I loved Roxas, Riku wasn't even distinctly cool anymore. I also learned some valuable username-picking lessons: Its not a good idea to name your unchangable username after a game character you knew all of three hours. You should put thought into your username instead of deciding in the heat of the moment.
Well, that pretty much sums up my sad lament of my username. Oh well, it could be worse. Still, I get the feeling my username makes me seem childish and girly.
I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
3rd May 2011 06:05 #2
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
There is always a story behind usernames

For the word "Uni" came from Neopets and at that time it was the first internet game I played and the "2123" is my birthdate on my friends' also the 2123 is apart of my library card number (I lost about 2 before so If I lost this one then I lose my place for some manga). I didn't know about that until about 3 years ago.
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
3rd May 2011 06:33 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Japxican has pretty much been around since the stone age and I've used it for every forum site except da and it's my email.

I wanted to change from hotmail to yahoo in about grade 12 of high school (6 years ago or something like that). Since I had just been to Mexico at the end of the summer and Japan in November, I meshed the two together and that's what I got: Japxican. It's rather catchy so I've used it ever since.
3rd May 2011 08:41 #4
Irregular User
  • Send Message
it seems like a make up a new story every time i tell about my username.
it started when my brother and i were singing into a game and i wanted to use something that would be easily set apart from the rest and that he would know was me. so i was thinking about a poop joke(this brother gets a kick out of them) and making it maybe something a bit more sophisticated so i remembered the time i went into a bathroom and someone had neglected their responsibility and decided my username should set a shining example
3rd May 2011 09:58 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
Tbsikkema= Tyler Bennett Sikkema my full name. it is also my email and every other login i've ever had except on xbox live where it is Ch1mpyk0n9. i guess i'll also put the origin of that name as well. does any1 here know of Super Smash Bros: Brawl well it is my favorite game ever and i don't mean to brag but i'm considered a pro. so i named after my best character diddykong and changed it to chimpy XD.
It isn't negativity, it's just being realistic.
3rd May 2011 18:07 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
well mines cuz i love manga so yes im annoyed at myself for not using my usual one SU81iMiN41
Last edited: 3rd May 2011 18:09 by mangalov3r

5th May 2011 01:58 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Uni - I guess that would make your username easy to remember. I change my username for every site I go to. For example, one username I made several years ago was SnowSeer.
@ Sister Jap - Stone ages, eh? I don't think they had Mexicans in the stone ages.
@ Terdflusher - What a revelation! I was wondering why you chose that name. It seemed to contradict your online personality a little.
@ tbsikkema - If you named DiddyKong Chimpy, what did you name the other characters? I know I like to call Wolf: Puppy and Snake: Mr. Scary Government Man (though I'm not sure he does work for them).
@ Mangalov3r - Well at least we all know what your favorite thing is. But since you're on a manga reading site, I guess its already assumed.

Whew, those are some interesting stories. Usernames are really personal. Next time I pick one I won't use this username!
Call my name.
Forget my face.
5th May 2011 02:09 #8
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I have a different username for every site I go on so its kinda hard to keep track of how many usernames I got for example for chantgo I go by the name deathassisant

How many people here got more than one username?
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

5th May 2011 02:31 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
I have at least ten. I won't even bother to try and remember half of them to write down.
Anyone else guilty of multiple usernaming?
Call my name.
Forget my face.
5th May 2011 03:08 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
@Rika - I don't think the Japanese were in the stone age, either. You must understand that my sarcasm abilities are extremely amazing.lol

My deviantart username is SugoiMe. Sugoi means awesome or super in Japanese and I added Me at the end because I'm awesome and super.
5th May 2011 03:16 #11
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Originally posted by RikuLovesYou
I have at least ten. I won't even bother to try and remember half of them to write down.
Anyone else guilty of multiple usernaming?

Not me
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

5th May 2011 04:01 #12
Regular User
  • Send Message
i think i had like 20 different usernames on neopets when i was a kid it wasn't that i was using all the accounts i made it's just that i kept 4getting my username

@ riku i didnt really have nicknames 4 the characters when i played as diddy i was called "the fricken monkey" that wasn't even my idea.
Last edited: 5th May 2011 04:05 by tbsikkema

It isn't negativity, it's just being realistic.
5th May 2011 09:00 #13
Regular User
  • Send Message
i used to have loads of nicknames but after i got SU81iMiN41 why change, its awesome
5th May 2011 10:38 #14
Irregular User
  • Send Message
i have only had 3 or 4 usernames that is because i took username literally as user name so it was my name but it gets kind of annoying when you get someone who knows a person with the same name or has the same name and in internet safety class the say don't give out personal information online so i tried a few and ended up with this
Last edited: 5th May 2011 10:39 by terdflusher
5th May 2011 12:03 #15
Regular User
  • Send Message
well its just a lovely conclusion of nicknames, flusher, i mean really, beautiful username
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,