Im back!!
2nd May 2011 03:19 #181
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Phsyco killer?? that is anusual nickname what reason that people gave you that nickname?
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
2nd May 2011 06:02 #182
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Sister Jap - Success! All right, you are now my big sister. Its official. And I said wonky donkey because it was the first thing that came to mind. And it rhymes.
@ Uni - Ultimate Ninja Girl of Darkness! Or Dark Ninja for short. And Whack-em-Hack-em refers to... aw, never mind. Now that I think about it, it doesn't fit too well.
@ Death - Should I be scared? What could get you that nickname? People like to exaggerate though...
I am a Nobody who appears as everybody when somebody speaks my name.
Call my name.
Pull me out of the darkness.
Forget my face.
Let me sink into the light of laughter.
3rd May 2011 03:59 #183
Regular User
  • Send Message
@Rika - Big sister it is! I'm a big sister to four siblings actually. It's quite something, especially when they sometimes look up to you.

@uni - Ultimate Ninja Sista of Darkness. Then we could call you Ninja Sista and it would rhyme.

Since I'm too lazy to look at the previous page of posts, I won't comment any further.
3rd May 2011 04:49 #184
Regular User
  • Send Message
@ Uni - Ninja Sista! :)
@ Sister Jap - Well. That's some pretty extreme laziness there. I don't blame you though, pages of conversation is quite intimidating. And for the record, I do have an older sister by blood, but she was always mean to me when I was little, and moved out before I was old enough to establish a real bond with her. So now days me and my sister are kind of on shaky grounds even though most people say we look like twins and our personalities are similar (despite the HUGE age gap). Maybe I the fact I never got along with her because even now she's not the nicest person to be around, especially toward me.
Sorry, I just got off on a rant there. My that was refreshing. Anyway, I hope you are/were nice to your sisters, because it really does matter. But from what I hear, you sound like a pretty good sister.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
3rd May 2011 05:01 #185
Regular User
  • Send Message
My sisters and I get along very well. We have frequent bonding moments. I'm quite a bit older than them, so it kinda helps I think. I'm 24 and they're 16 and 14. I gotta treasure these moments we have together because when I go back to university, I won't be around that often. On top of that, I'm hoping to go to Japan when I graduate and live there, so I really won't be able to see them then.

Anyway, there's my little shpeel on things. But hey, ranting is good. Helps get a load off your shoulders. You can rant about stuff to me any time if you like.
3rd May 2011 05:29 #186
Regular User
  • Send Message
Be warned, I'm going to be doing a lot of ranting now!
By the way, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm 15. My sister is... 24? My brother is... 26? I'm not sure anymore... which goes to show I neither see them very often nor have a great relationship with them. I do love my brother though, but I don't see him often. He's the otaku of the family, and he lives in Japan. In fact, I'll be out of high school and out in the real world by the time he returns again. I love my sister too, but she's a fashion guru, and has a sort of I'm-older-so-I'm-better attitude. I'm not much into fashion, and have a huge problem with people who act all superior.
My sister tries sometimes to make up for not being around often by popping by and giving the whole 'get good grades so you go to collage for free unlike me" speech, but its a little awkward between us. And now she's leaving to go to collage again and she's also married, so I think any chance for establishing a strong sister bond is gone.
To be honest, I wish I hadn't been born so late. Maybe then I could have been closer to my siblings and cousins. But now all of them are married and out of the house (except my brother). I don't know, I just feel like I missed out by being born late.
All right, I can't take any more sob story, even if its my own. About Japan, I'm planning study Japanese here in the United States and then move to Japan myself. I've been studying the culture, attempting to learn to speak Japanese, and working hard in school all in attempt to be able to make it overseas. Even so, I'm not certain I can make it there, or even that this is really what I want. When it comes to the future, my dream is as hazy as a misty night. I'm just uncertain... what do you think it'll take to make it in Japan?
Last edited: 3rd May 2011 05:30 by RikuLovesYou

Call my name.
Forget my face.
3rd May 2011 06:24 #187
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
@ Rika + jap - NINJA!!

I want to go to japan or at least Hong Kong. OMG I just found out my second older sister is getting married in June she is about....... wait how old is she?? I think she is about twice my age so...about 34 I dont know I havent seen her is about 8 years or so. Haha I guess I have an even distanced relationship with my older siblings than anyone else.

Here is my relationship with my siblings from weak to strong
second older sister (37??)
Oldest sister (40??)
Little sister (11)
and little bother (16)
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

3rd May 2011 06:28 #188
Regular User
  • Send Message
Thanks for the warning. Your so-called sob story is much appreciated, btw. As the older sibling, I would have to say that it's important to establish that strong bond between family members before I'm gone for a while. I'm always the babysitter and have pretty much been my four younger siblings' second mother growing up.

What does it take to make it in Japan? That's a good question. I'm doing a TESL certificate right now and a degree in Linguistics (because I'm interested in languages in general). The TESL is the main one, though, as it helps for teaching English overseas. From what I hear, Japan (and Asia in general) is always looking for native English speakers. So that's one way to get my foot in the door.

If you become fluent in Japanese, maybe you could be a translator or something. I don't know what else to suggest, but whatever. Do what you're interested in and if that leads you to Japan, then that's good. Some people don't know what they want to do until they're forty. So don't worry about it too much. If you do plan on going to Japan, I recommend just visiting and touring around first. That's what settled my wanting to live there for me. I went on two trips to Japan. Being in the states and most likely a bigger city than me, you'll probably have much more opportunity to learn Japanese and their culture and such. I don't have that opportunity at my university.
3rd May 2011 18:06 #189
Regular User
  • Send Message
its interesting were this thread moved onto subject wise
4th May 2011 02:56 #190
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
@Finbar - thats randomness for you
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

4th May 2011 03:05 #191
Regular User
  • Send Message
Yes, randomness is a key factor of survival in this forum.
4th May 2011 07:36 #192
Regular User
  • Send Message
yes i know i posted it just to get me back into the conversation , havent you seen the convos im in, they all go off in to a HUGE random talks, thats the best
5th May 2011 02:21 #193
Regular User
  • Send Message
Japxican - I have a long time to think about what I want to do, but at the same time, very little. I'll have to decide before I go into collage so I can specialize in the field I'm interested in. Maybe I could be an English teacher... not likely though. I'm not cut out for all the drama.
@ mangalov3r - You and Jens both together in the same forum... Mangable is in for a string of insanely random conversations.
Call my name.
Forget my face.
5th May 2011 02:59 #194
Regular User
  • Send Message
@mangalov3r - Welcome back to the conversation then!

@Rika - Well, little sista, if you have any serious things about life then you can pm me and we can talk about our many feelings. (I'm half joking, but please try to note the hint of sarcasm in my voice.) You never know until you get there. Anyway, do you not like spiders? My sisters freak out when spiders are around like it's the end of the world or something. It's quite funny! As long as a spider isn't touching me, I'm find...unless it's freakin' huge! I've gotten quite good at squashing daddy long legs (which really aren't spiders) in the shower with a shampoo bottle. So if you ever hear a loud banging noise while I'm in there, that's what's going on.
5th May 2011 03:34 #195
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
With jens and finbar together things with getr out of hand someone will need to keep those two in line any volunteers?
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,