ANIME RECCOMENDER
4th July 2011 02:30 #46
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Clannad: After Story - THis is the sequel to the most beloved anime of all time. It is really one of the best animes i have ever seen. It such an amazing anime filled with drama, comedy, romance and heartbreak. This is the third time its being recommended here, therefore you know its a must, but watch the film and the orginal series first.

Events in After Story take place immediately after the first season, following Tomoya's final semester of high school. After declaring his love to Nagisa, they begin to have a close relationship. Their life together will be faced with unexpected challenges, as the truth behind the illusionary world and the city's legend come to light.

Rating: 10/5

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

If you like this, then you may like Clannad, Clannad: The Motion Picture, Angel Beats!

Infinite Stratos (IS) - This is a pretty good new anime. It has awesome animation, decent action, and is a pretty good comedic-harem. Definitely give this a shot. However, dont be fooled by the title or picture, eventhough it depicts itself as mainly an action anime, it is more of a harem, as i just mentioned.

Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15 year old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.

Rating:3.75/5

Genre: : Action, Comedy, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Harem

If you like this, then you may like Kampfer

Angel Beats! - An exciting adventure with lovable characters, top-notch animation, great comedy and concept. If you havent seen Angel Beats!, then you dont know what your missing out on. Awarded Anime of the Year at the 2010 Mangable Awards.

It sucks being dead. Sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead—where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to...somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell! High-caliber action and locked-and-loaded comedy meet on a rock and roll battleground in Angel Beats!

Rating: 10/5

It also has a manga http://mangable.com/angel_beats_heaven_s_door/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like Clannad, Clannad: After Story, Clannad: TMP

@Mangablers, i will return in august and i will add 5 new animes during that month to make up for my absence and on thursday or wednesday, i will TRY to add 3-4 new mangas to the Manga Recommender. Thank you to all that have kept both alive during my absence.
Last edited: 27th August 2011 19:16 by AllenWalker

4th July 2011 03:02 #47
  • Send Message
ALSO, THANK YOU FOR THE 1000+ VIEWS!!!!
5th July 2011 21:35 #48
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
oh you are welcome

now where's my money
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
30th July 2011 04:50 #49
not you
  • Send Message
Welcome to the N.H.K.

The main protagonist is Tatsuhiro Satō, a university dropout entering his fourth year of unemployment. He leads a reclusive life as a hikikomori, ultimately coming to the conclusion that this happened due to some sort of conspiracy. One day just when his life seems entirely unchanging, he meets Misaki Nakahara, a mysterious girl who claims to be able to cure Tatsuhiro of his hikikomori ways. She presents him with a contract basically outlining that once a day they would meet in the evening in a local park where Misaki would lecture to Tatsuhiro in an effort to rid him of his lifestyle. During these outings, many subjects are discussed, though they almost always pertain in some way to psychology or psychoanalysis. One of their first meetings in fact deals with interpreting Tatsuhiro's recent dreams. Both Tatsuhiro and Misaki, however, have a tendency of over-doing things, such as hiding the truth, especially from each other and themselves. Despite Misaki's offer and pressing attempts at salvation, it is Tatsuhiro's neighbor and high school friend, Kaoru Yamazaki, who Tatsuhiro often turns to in moments of need and support. Also, despite his own idiosyncrasies, Yamazaki is one of the more stable characters in the story.

i really liked this one.. i know it sounds booring and stuff but if you think your life is sad then be glad your not this guy haha. you otaku's may be able to relate to the MC. (or his best friend) earlier i said i really liked it. i changed my mind i love it

5/5
Last edited: 30th July 2011 04:55 by IAmPanda

Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
16th August 2011 00:30 #50
  • Send Message

Night Raid 1931 - Who knew being a spy a in the 1930s was so fun. This story is based on historical events prior to WWII, so hopefully you know something about this East Asian history post-WWI. Most of the characters are pretty likeable and may have personalities that are the total opposite of another which helps create moments of comedy and laughter for the viewers. The protagonists each wield special abilities that help them in their missions and make watching this anime even more enjoyable. The animation and setting is also really nice.

The year is 1931. The city is Shanghai. Ten years before America will enter World War II, the hydra's teeth planted by the first great global conflict are beginning to germinate. Hatching like spiders, they weave the complex web of plots and conspiracies destined to inevitably draw entire nations to the brink of destruction. Caught in the heart of these webs, desperately seeking to separate lies from truth, is "Sakurai Kikan," an ultra-secret intelligence agency staffed by extraordinarily talented individuals with abilities far beyond those of normal humans. Their duty: to stop the darkest plots and eliminate the greatest threats. But in a city built on intrigue, can even a team of clairvoyants, telepaths and espers stand against the ultimate forces of destiny?

Rating: 4/5

Genre: Action, Historical, Super Power, Military

If you like this, then you may also like Canaan,Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Also, dont forget about the new feature:

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender
18th August 2011 17:25 #51
  • Send Message

The Skull Man - This is a very good anime. It has a really nice story that adds suspense and makes you want to watch it more and more to find out who the Skull Man is. There also some romance and comedy involves, it also has alot of action too. Overall, its just really enjoying to watch.

Flesh Rots. Blood Corrupts. To Be the Ultimate Anti-Hero… You Have to Be Bad to the Bone!

Otomo City: where freedom and justice have atrophied to the bone; where conspiracy rules the day and death stalks the night… Death in the form of the Skull Man, a literal Grim Reaper whose skeletal grin presages grisly mayhem and murder, even to the monstrous mutants that haunt the city’s underworlds!

Now, to investigate a bizarre slaying, journalist Mikogami Hayato and photographer Kiriko Mamiya must stalk this ultimate predator, through a festering cadaver of a city where the corruption flows in rivers as deep and foul as the sins of the reigning elite, and unearth a secret so shocking that an entire city has been turned into a tomb to contain!

In a nightmarish necropolis where nothing is as it seems, vengeance comes in the form of a living Death’s-Head in SKULL MAN!

Rating: 4/5

Genre: Action, Mystery, Super Power

@Mangablers i've added the link to the webpage that has ALL the Busou Renkin chapters for those that want to read it. Go to the Manga Reccomender pg 4 post #52

More Anime Coming Soon!!
Last edited: 18th August 2011 17:44 by AllenWalker

27th August 2011 19:42 #52
  • Send Message

Polyphonica - There ist to say about this anime, since its pretty decent. The art is decent, story is ok, the romance is ok and the comedy is good at times. I may not like this anime alot, but i find my self watching it episode after episode even if its not amazing, so may be you will eally enjoy it. Overall, its just amusing.

Phoron Tatara's no ordinary musician. As one of the rare Dantists who can summon elder spirits using music called Commandia, his gift is so strong that his spirit partner is none other than the infamous Corticarte Apa Lagranges. Sure, she may look like a young girl in her human form, but you don't get nicknames like "The Crimson Annihilator" and "The Bloody Duchess" for sitting back and watching the daisies grow.

Now, at the behest of the Tsuge Divine Music Player Office, this dynamic duet travels the continent of Polyphonica on Phoron's combination motorcycle/organ, following the song of the open road, orchestrating rescues and generally fixing whatever's baroque! Some musicians wait for a muse to hit them, but Phoron makes his work for scale!

Rating: 3/5

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Music, Romance, School

@mangablers im adding a new manga soon to the Manga Reccomender it should be posted between Aug 27th - Aug 30th, keep an eye out for it.

Also, dont forget about the new feature:

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender
Last edited: 27th August 2011 19:43 by AllenWalker

1st September 2011 19:02 #53
  • Send Message

Dream Eater Merry - This is a decent anime. Its plot is pretty interesting, it also has good comedy. On the other hand its animation is beautiful. Sorry that i dont have much to say about this anime, but overall its pretty decent, although it had more potential to do better.

Yumeji Fujiwara, a young male student like any other, gained the power to see the aura of other people's dreams, and is able to predict what kind of dream they will have the following night, after an event that occurred 10 years ago. Since then, he started to have weird dreams with cats following him for an unknown reason, where he learns thanks to the boss of the cat army, John Doe, that his body is needed to access the real world. One day, as he was about to come back home after his errands, a mysterious girl falls on top of him. This girl, called Merry Nightmare, is actually a dream demon, who's searching for a way to come back in her world. As Yumeji decides to help her, the gate to the world of dreams opens again, this time in full daylight. She appears in the daydream world and wards off the Dream Demon "Chaser John Doe" looking for an answer to how to get back to her world. It seems as if John Doe knows something about Merry. Meanwhile, an evil dream demon named Pharos Hercules is leading other dream demons to make humans into their vessels in order to raise an army, killing those that oppose him which causes humans to lose sight of their goals and ambitions.

Rating: 3.5/5

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/yumekui_merry/

Genre: Action, Shounen, Supernatural
6th September 2011 11:43 #54
not you
  • Send Message
Tengen toppa gurren lagan

In the distant future, people build their homes and raise domestic animals in subterranean caverns. As a result, they live in fear of the occasional earthquake and cave-in, and have been for hundreds of years. Jeeha is one such village.
One day, a boy named Simon happens to find a small, shiny drill whilst digging to expand the village. At the same time, Kamina, a guy who believes that there is another land above the village, persuades his gang to break through the ceiling in order to leave the cavern. Suddenly, an earthquake occurs and the ceiling collapses, followed by a big robot breaking through the ceiling.
Kamina is now sure that there is a world above them. Recklessly, he begins to fight against the robot. At that moment, another person appears from the land above. It is a girl by the name of Yoko. With a rifle in hand, she had been tracking the robot. However, all she could do was distract it. Then, Simon shows what he had found to Kamina and Yoko. It's a mysterious robot whose head is also its body.

This is not the usual type of anime i watch but i really had fun watching it. towards the second half, it becomes more about power-ups but that doesn't stop the story from being interesting

4/5
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
27th September 2011 19:48 #55
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah spam bots
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
29th September 2011 04:28 #56
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
@Jens How are they getting through??? I thought Andy stop them when he put in those maths questions.....
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
29th September 2011 11:15 #57
not you
  • Send Message
well, it's not as bad as before where they were spamming a few of the threads. still annoying though.
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
29th September 2011 12:22 #58
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Unfortunately, it's one of the problems you face when having forums. Those are not bots, as such, but real people who are signing up and filling out the questions. There's no real way of stopping them, as they'll simply continue signing up and filling out the captcha

Now a 'post report' button would be good
7th October 2011 10:41 #59
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
Um Andy?
.....anytime when is the 'report' button finish?
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
8th October 2011 18:09 #60
  • Send Message

Coffee Samurai OVA - This is a very weird anime. There isnt much to say about it. Its not awesome, but it is weird and intriguing. On top of that its artwork is pretty different from the usual anime. The story may be decent, but its weirdness keeps you intrigued throughout the whole OVA. Try it if your looking for something different.

The story is set in present day Seoul and involves a college student named Hemi who falls in love with a coffee vending machine named Jin. Jin is actually a samurai from the Sengoku period who wished to be re-born with an invincible steel body when he fell to assassins, hence the vending machine body.

Rating: 3.25/5

Genre: Action, Romance, Sci-Fi

@Mangablers sorry for the long wait, i've been busy with academic work. Now, about these spammers, please report them when the report button is added. For now though, i would appreciate it if you just messaged him about it. Also, i'll be adding a new anime every week this month. Look out for them.

PS Last month made a year since i joined Mangable
Last edited: 8th October 2011 18:40 by AllenWalker

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,