ANIME RECCOMENDER
26th March 2011 16:01 #31
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message

Clannad: The Motion Picture - This movie is wonderful. Incredible animation and art. It has an amazing and touching story. The background music really sets the mood for this movie and adds to the emotional scenes. Overall, its a really good movie, however i believe it could've been developed better.

Clannad is set in a high-school located in some Japanese town. Okazaki Tomoya is a third-year student who doesn't take his studies seriously. Always late for class, he's seen as a delinquent by the rest of his classmates who are busy preparing for their entrance examinations. Needless to say, he hasn't too many close friends either.

Tomoya seems not to mind too - until one day he meets a girl, Furukawa Nagisa, who is left alone without friends on this school, because everybody she knew already graduated. What a clumsy girl, he thinks at first. But he can't leave her alone and so, while helping her, he meets a few other girls from his school. Although he doesn't care much about them at first, he soon opens his heart to them as they get to know each other better.

Rating: 4/5

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/clannad/

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, School
Last edited: 1st September 2011 19:05 by AllenWalker

10th April 2011 17:13 #32
  • Send Message

11eyes - This is a pretty interesting anime. It has a decent plot and concept. However, what appeals to me most is the character design. In my opinion these are some of the coolest looking characters i have ever seen. Another thing that appeals to me is the development of the relationships of the characters. Overall, its a pretty good anime.

After losing his sister five years ago, Satsuki Kakeru led a vacant life, only able to return to his normal days with help from his childhood friend Minase Yuka and other friends at school.

Suddenly one day, the sky turns red and the moon turns black. Everyone besides Kakeru and Yuka disappears and monsters start roaming the streets. All that they were able to do was just to run away and hide. After a while, the world returns to normal. But just when they thought everything was a dream, the Red Night occurs again. Kakeru and Yuka manage to find four more humans who are involved in this mysterious phenomenon: Kusakabe Misuzu, a red-haired onmyouji swordswoman, Tachibana Kukuri, a strange mute girl who looks like Kakeru's deceased sister, Hirohara Yukiko, a lively young girl who reverts to the personality of a cold killer when her glasses are removed, and Tajima Takahisa, a young pyrokineticist.

They get together and try to survive, but six shadows suddenly appear in front of them...

Rating: 3.5/5

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/11eyes/

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shounen, Harem, Supernatural
17th April 2011 16:12 #33
  • Send Message

The Asylum Session - The animation isnt exactly the best, however its story is different from the usual anime and the plot is pretty good. Overall, its a decent movie.

Hiyoko wants to become an artist like her mother, but her father would prefer that she took a different career path. Enraged when she notices that he took all paintings done by her mother from the house, she decides to run away. Unable to find a place to sleep among her acquaintances, she ends up at Asylum Stadium, an abandoned field that is shelter for many homeless, but that is about to be torn down by the government. There she meets Akira, a strange individual capable of flying. - AnimeNewsNetwork

The story takes place in the far future, when the civilization has declined. Hiyoko is a high school girl, who aims to enter an art university. She runs away from her home because her father tried to throw away her mother's keepsake drawings. She finds a slum located in a stadium and meets the leader of the street children, Akira.
The police attempts to demolish the stadium for the beautification of the city. In order to resist the demolition, the people in the stadium plans to hold a street-art event "The Asylum Session". Hiroko takes the charge of a giant painting on the stadium. - MyAnimeList

Rating:3/5

Genre: Action, Drama
Last edited: 17th April 2011 16:15 by AllenWalker

20th April 2011 09:05 #34
Regular User
  • Send Message
Durarara!!

Durarara!! is about a number of unusual people who gather in Ikebukuro, Tokyo--- a youth who yearns for an un-mundane life, a hoodlum, a stalker denpa-girl, a young man who deals in information ‘for fun’, a black-market doctor, a high-schooler obsessed with magic, as well as a ‘headless rider’ riding a bike painted black.

These unusual people begin a series of abnormal stories that never fail to create headaches. But, although their personalities are all twisted— they still talk about love.

Rating 5/5

it's not an anime i usually would watch in fact i came across it by accident but couldn't stop watchin it was the same way when i started watchin clannad. (run on sentence) I fail at english and i'm an american T_T
It isn't negativity, it's just being realistic.
23rd April 2011 21:15 #35
  • Send Message

Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka - Its a prettty enjoyable anime. Pretty funny too. Its most attractive trait appears to be the ridiculous situations the characters get themselves in.

On his way to school Junichi Nagase saves a girl from danger. Later due to a misunderstanding he kissed her. Shocked and disgusted, and without understanding what just happened or why, she screams at him and tells him to "just die!" As it turns out, the girl, Yuuhi Katagiri, is a new transfer student and, much to the surprise of Junichi and his younger sister Minato, their father arranged for Yuuhi to be Junichi's future wife! Of course, getting married to "that perverted idiot" is the absolute last thing Yuuhi wants! Junichi's crazy school life with his tsundere bride-apparent has begun!

Rating: 3.25/5

It also has manga, here it is http://mangable.com/akaneiro_ni_somaru_saka/

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Harem

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender.
Last edited: 1st September 2011 19:06 by AllenWalker

1st May 2011 23:26 #36
  • Send Message

Hoshizora Kiseki - This an OVA. Its animation is attractive because its 2.5D (not 3D not 2D). Not much to say, since its a short film. Overall a decent OVA.

Kozue is a girl who loves astronomy, particularly the stars. One night, on an excursion to witness a meteorite, she meets Ginga, a boy who is able to help scientists discover more information about the stars through a mysterious ability of his. However, he is forced to stay in a protective suit in order to carry out his mission. Because of this, Kozue decides to convince Ginga to make his own decisions & to take off the suit using his own will.

Rating: 3.25/5

Genre: Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi
3rd May 2011 07:33 #37
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Chrome Shelled Regios

In the distant future, a polluted world has been overtaken by havoc-wreaking creatures called filth monsters. Humanity, having been forced to relocate itself, must live in isolated mobile cities called Regios. A mysteriously skilled fighter named Layfon Alseif enrolls in the Academy city of Zuellni and is immediately noticed by Nina Antalk, leader of the 17th Military Arts Unit. He then reluctantly joins her squad, uncertain of what future awaits him and his new teammates within the city as well as the impending dangers in the midst of a plagued world.

seemed kinda well thought out and unique-ish I'd give it 4/5 for having humor,combat, and a generally better than average plot.
Last edited: 3rd May 2011 07:37 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
3rd May 2011 07:44 #38
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message

Origin: Spirits of the past
A boy named Agito stumbles upon a machine which has been keeping a girl named Toola in suspended animation for 300 years. Toola awakens to discover that the earth's environment has been radically altered due to genetic experiments that her father was involved in, and that the forest itself has become a sentient entity. Together with Shunack, another person from the past, Toola attempts to use long dormant technology to return things to the way they used to be. When Toola comes to the realization that the ways of the past should not be revived, she and Agito fight to protect the world as it has become, and try to create a balance between mankind and nature.
It's awesomsauce in a can. By the by it's a movie not a series jic anyone wanted to know
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
8th May 2011 17:32 #39
  • Send Message

Mahoromatic:Something More Beautiful - The sequel to the wonderful ligh-hearted Mahoromatic. It retains its great amount of comedy and is just as enjoyable as the first.

As the relationship between Mahoro, Suguru and his classmates develops further, another android girl enters their lives and becomes attached to Mahoro. All the while, the number of days before Mahoro is to shut down decreases steadily.

Rating: 3.75/5

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi, Military

If you like this, then you may like Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden
Last edited: 1st June 2011 02:20 by AllenWalker

1st June 2011 02:10 #40
  • Send Message

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - WOW! This is an amazingly awesome anime. It is very mature plotwise which is what makes it so good. Its filled with heartbreak, action and drama. It also has great variety of characters, you are sure to find one you relate too. This is a definite must.

It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union (formerly United States of America), the Human Reformist Alliance (Russia, China and India) and the AEU (Europe). However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious non-profit military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tieria Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the other various factions.

Rating: 10/5

Genre: Action, Drama, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Military

Also, dont forget about the new feature:

New Feature: If you do not feel like recommending a manga because you dont feel like going through all the work, then just message me the name of the anime/manga, your opinion on it and your rating. After doing that, i will do the rest. Also, tell whether its for the Anime Reccomender or Manga Reccomender.
5th June 2011 07:52 #41
not you
  • Send Message
Originally posted by AllenWalker

Clannad: The Motion Picture - This movie is wonderful. Incredible animation and art. It has an amazing and touching story. Its a really good movie, however i believe it could've been developed better.

Clannad is set in a high-school located in some Japanese town. Okazaki Tomoya is a third-year student who doesn't take his studies seriously. Always late for class, he's seen as a delinquent by the rest of his classmates who are busy preparing for their entrance examinations. Needless to say, he hasn't too many close friends either.

Tomoya seems not to mind too - until one day he meets a girl, Furukawa Nagisa, who is left alone without friends on this school, because everybody she knew already graduated. What a clumsy girl, he thinks at first. But he can't leave her alone and so, while helping her, he meets a few other girls from his school. Although he doesn't care much about them at first, he soon opens his heart to them as they get to know each other better.

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, School

yo, was just wondering if you watched clannad afterstory. that's the one that got me really bad
Last edited: 19th June 2011 11:59 by IAmPanda

Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
5th June 2011 07:54 #42
not you
  • Send Message
Originally posted by AllenWalker

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - WOW! This is an amazingly awesome anime. It is very mature plotwise which is what makes it so good. Its filled with heartbreak, action and drama. It also has great variety of characters, you are sure to find one you relate too. This is a definite must.

It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union (formerly United States of America), the Human Reformist Alliance (Russia, China and India) and the AEU (Europe). However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious non-profit military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tieria Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the other various factions.

Rating: 10/5

Genre: Action, Drama, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Military

Also, dont forget about the new feature:

if you like this, you might like Gundam Unicorn. i haven't watched it yet but i hear a lot of people of people say it is suuuper legit. based of the original U.C. callender so any old gundam fans might like it too.

anyways, since i see at least a few people here that actually enjoy mecha, i wont feel weird about posting this

Code geass: lelouch of the rebellion

hmm... what can i say, this series really blew my mind away. I am really impressed at how the characters were made. plus, the story just sucked me in xD If i was in lelouch's position, i probably would have given up halfway through the first season. oh man, so much stuff happening in this anime. this is awesome sauce.

10/5 imo
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
19th June 2011 11:57 #43
not you
  • Send Message
Toaru majutsu no index

Toaru Majutsu no Index is set in Academy City, a technologically advanced Academic city located at western Tokyo which studies scientifically advanced superhuman students with powers, but is also set in a world where magic is real. Tōma Kamijō is a student in Academy City whose right hand, the Imagine Breaker, has the ability to negate any supernatural powers, but also his own luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing named Index. She is a nun from Necessarius, a secret magic branch of the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index Librorum Prohibitorum—103,000 forbidden magical books the Church has removed from circulation. His encounter with her leads him to meet others from the secret world of science and magic and an adventure with his friends where science and magic collide. Tōma's unusual power places him at the center of conflicts relating magicians and science-based espers in Academy City. As Tōma tries to help and protect his friends, he learns the people he knows are not as they appear and begins to attract the attention of magicians and espers alike as they try to unravel the secrets of Academy City and Index.

humm. there is a certain way you are supposed to watch this to understand the story. first you watch season 1, then you read "a certain scientific railgun," then you watch season 2

i'm only on episode 12 but sofar its pretty good

5/5
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
21st June 2011 08:30 #44
not you
  • Send Message
higurashi no when they cry

when i first watched this i was like "wtf? this is the opposite of what everyone has been saying..." but then i got to episode 2 and then i started getting goosebumps. this is really yandere >.> the girls in this anime look abit funny but yer..

3/5

rating goes up or down depending on your taste
Last edited: 4th July 2011 12:53 by IAmPanda

Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
30th June 2011 11:03 #45
Death's best friend
  • Send Message
I never knew writing three reviews will take so long *takes a deep breath* First up is....

Deadman Wonderland

A massive earthquake ravaged Japan's mainland and destroyed most of Tokyo, sinking three-quarters of it into the ocean. Ten years later, the story shifts to Igarashi Ganta, a seemingly ordinary student attending Nagano Prefecture's middle school. An escapee, a survivor of the great earthquake, Ganta has no memories of the tragedy and has lived a normal life. This all changes when a strange man covered in blood and crimson armour floats through his classroom windows. Grinning madly, the Red Man massacres Ganta's entire class but instead of killing him, embeds a red crystal shard in Ganta's chest. Within days of the massacre, Ganta is declared the sole suspect and, following a quick trial, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Deadman Wonderland, a massive theme park like prison.

Arriving at the prison, Ganta is fitted with a special collar which monitors his location and life signs. Due to the heinous nature of Ganta's 'crime', he has to live out his imprisonment under Deadman Wonderland's 'Death Sentence'. A lethal poison is constantly injected into his bloodstream through the collar, but it can be neutralized by consuming a peculiar candy-like medicine every three days. Additional candy can be earned through hard work or by purchasing it. In order to gather Cast Points, the prison's currency, an inmate has to perform in the facility's lethal games and survive. Fortunately for Ganta, he is aided by a mysterious girl named Shiro, who apparently knows Ganta, and is known by other prisoners as well.

While trying to survive as an inmate on death row, Ganta becomes increasingly obsessed with the 'Red Man' and tries to find him so he could clear his name. In a bizarre twist, Ganta begins to develop the ability to manipulate his own blood, to the point of turning it into a weapon. Unbeknownst to him, Ganta has become one of the prison's 'Deadmen', a segregated group of prisoners possessing the Branches of Sin which makes them capable of controlling their blood. After his ability is discovered, Ganta is forced to participate in brutal gladiatorial death matches, known as Carnival Corpse, whose anonymous spectators pay large amounts of money to watch. In his struggle he manages to befriend some of those he fought off in the arena, and with their help Ganta continues his quest to uncover the identity of the Red Man, why he turned into a Deadman and the dark secrets the prison authorities are hiding.

.... so basically its another verson of Elfen Lied but tone abit. I dont recommend this to people who has weak stomachs

[C] The money of soul on the possibility control

The Japanese government was rescued from the brink of financial collapse by the Sovereign Wealth Fund. For its citizens however life has not improved and unemployment, crime, suicide, and despair are rampant. Kimimaro, raised by his maternal grandmother after the disappearance of his father and the death of his mother, is a scholarship student whose only dream is to live a stable, ordinary life. One day he meets a man who offers him a large sum of money if he will allow his "future" to be held as collateral. From then on his fate is radically altered as he's drawn into a mysterious realm known as "The Financial District", where he must compete in weekly tournaments called "deals" in order to keep his money and avoid losing his future

.... When first watch this I basically had WTF writen all over my face. I felt the ending was rushed but overall interesting.

Rating: 3/5

and finally....
Dog Days

[img]

Cinque Izumi is a cheerful and athletic half-Japanese, half-English boy who studies at Kinokawa International School in Japan, and has a normal life everyday until he suddenly got summoned to the alternate world of Flonyard (フロニャルド, Furonyarudo?). The people there look no different from humans, except for one thing; they have animal ears and tails. The one who summoned him is Millhiore, the dog-like Princess of the Biscotti Republic (ビスコッティ共和国?), who requested his assistance in their war against the forces of the feline-like Galette Lion Army (ガレット獅子団領, Garetto Shishi Gundan?).

After responding to Millhiore's plea, he receives a sacred weapon, the Palladion (パラディオン, Paradion?), and is appointed as a Hero to fight for Biscotti in a war that unlike the ones in Earth, is waged with special rules and no casualties, in a fashion similar to a sports competition with the purpose to raise funds for the Kingdoms involved, where the winner faction claims a larger sum than the losing side. After winning his first battle for Biscotti, Cinque learns that when a hero is summoned into Flonyard he becomes unable to return to his homeworld, a fact that Millhiore also was unaware of.

The scientists of Biscotti promise to Cinque to find a way for him to return home in 16 days, the remaining time until his meeting with his friend Rebecca Anderson whom he promised to spend the last three days of his Spring Break with. Until then, he decides to keep serving Millhiore as Biscotti's hero

... literary had G writen all over it. No-one died during this anime, no blood either only near the end and the people who got 'defeated' turn into chibi cats or dogs. There is some eichi bits as well.

Rating: 3.5/5
Warning: I might fall asleep on the spot.
Join me in
Mangable's chat room

My "full" list My Anime List
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,