ANIME RECCOMENDER
24th October 2010 23:20 #1
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
ARE YOU DONE WATCHING AN ANIME? ARE YOU BORED OF IT? OR ARE YOU JUST LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE TO WATCH? THEN HAVE NO FEAR WELCOME TO THE ANIME RECCOMENDER.

This thread i made for people looking for a new anime to watch. Post the names of good animes and YOU MUST POST the plot summary. Also, please try to post a pic of the anime. Try to follow the format(post pic, then name & summary) i used. So if one day you want a new anime to watch, then just come here and it will be filled with names of animes (Hopefully)

PLEASE POST THE NAME OF ANY GOOD ANIME YOU KNOW.

Canaan - Great action scenes. Its thrilling. Interesting story. Just great to watch.

Maria Ōsawa and Minoru Minorikawa are dispatched as reporters to Shanghai in order to cover the upcoming Shanghai NBCR International Anti-Terrorist Conference. Prior to their current assignment, both Maria and Minoru were survivors of the Shibuya bio-terrorism incident, where Maria was kidnapped by terrorists and was infected by the Ua virus but was cured by her scientist father using an experimental anti-Ua virus vaccine. Maria is later saved by her friend, a Middle Eastern girl named Canaan after being targeted for death by masked assassins on her first day in Shanghai after she befriended her in the Middle East. Their presence in the city is being overshadowed by a mysterious event being planned by Alphard, Canaan's rival.

Rating: 5/5

Genre: Action, Seinen

If you like this, then you may also like Night Raid 1931, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost Hound - I like it because its supernatural. It was written by Shirow Masamune (Appleseed & Ghost In The Shell), so you know its good. Its definitely one of favorite anime of all-tme. It leaves you wanting more. Just a great anime. You won't regret it.

Ghost Hound is set in the modest town of Suiten, located in a desolate region in the island of Kyūshū. The story follows the experiences of three boys who have had traumatic experiences in childhood from which they have learned to transfer their souls to a parallel world known as the "Unseen World". The Unseen World is however undergoing a change, with its ghosts starting to appear in the real world, altering it in unpredictable ways.

Rating: 10/5

Genre: Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Psychological

If you like this, then you may like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Higurashi When They Cry), Kino's Journey

Xam'd - Like I've said before this is my favorite of the ones i watch, right now.

Xam'd is about a boy named Akiyuki who gains the power to transform into some alien-like creature. He starts destroying his town until a girl named Nakiyami stops him. She takes him to her crew's ship in order for Akiyuki to learn how to deal with the creature (Xam'd) in him. Meanwhile a civil war is occuring in this world with the military and other alien-like creatures.reccommended for Eureka Seven fans.

From AnimeNewNetwork:

Enter Sentan, a lush, tranquil island encased in war between the military and those with Hiruko, known as X'amd. On one of these warlike days, Akiyuki Takehara heads off to school and gets caught in a raid by the creatures. Through a series of events he is transformed into a X'amd, and with the help of a Tessikan woman Nakiami along with his highschool friend Haru, Akiyuki is forced to learn to live with the Hiruko or faces the danger of losing his self-control and turn to stone.

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Military, Romance

If you like this, then you may like Eureka Seven

Tears To Tiara - Interesting. Good action scenes and story

The story of Tears to Tiara draws heavily from Welsh mythology, with characters named Arawn, Rhiannon, Arthur, Epona, Pwyll, Llŷr and Taliesin.

Set in a Late Antiquity-inspired fantasy setting, story starts on an island Erin (or Hibernia, as shown on an in-game map) on the west border of the Holy Empire.

Prologue is centered around the precognition-gifted priestess of the Gael tribe, Rhiannon. She is kidnapped by a rogue priest of the Holy Empire, Drwc, to be used as a sacrifice in a ritual meant to resurrect the Demon King Arawn and put Drwc in his favor. As a response the Gael people burn their village and swear to bring Rhiannon back or exact revenge on the Empire.

In the middle of the ritual, as the Gael people attack Drwc's soldiers, Arawn is resurrected and offered Rhiannon. At this point, he kills Drwc, frees Rhiannon, and proclaims no intention in wreaking havoc which the legends attributed to him. Instead, he shows interest in Rhinannon's brother Arthur, the First Warrior of his tribe. Rhiannon, on the other hand, falls in love with Arawn, and by declaring her decision to marry him, makes him the chieftain of the Gael tribe (hers and Arthur's father was the previous chieftain, but Arthur couldn't assume the title due to being the First Warrior).

As the prologue ends, point of view is switched from Rhiannon to Arawn, revealing him to be the protagonist of the game, and the story continues with the exodus of Gael tribe to the neighbouring island Albion (or Insula Britannica, as shown on an in-game map) in hope of eluding the Empire.

Rating: 3.5/5

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic

If you like this, then you may like Demon King Daimo

Plot summaries by wikipedia (Except the 1st Xam'd summary, its by me), go there for more info.

Please check out my manga reccomender in General Manga Talk

PLEASE POST THE NAME ANY GOOD ANIME YOU KNOW.
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:32 by AllenWalker

25th October 2010 07:08 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Naruto, obviously. But you should watch from the beginning not shippuden. If you do, you will be rewarded with a great story and lots of great fight scenes and an intense story although there is some filler in the series.

One Piece, very little filler, awesome story but not as good as manga, but if you read the manga then watch the anime.

Shura no toki. Absolutely awesome one fight scene per episode and great martial arts.

Basilisk, stay away from this, horendous and tedious to watch.

Berserk, fantabulous.

Ah My goddess

Please Teacher/Onegai Teacher

Fairy Tail

Cowboy Beebop

Trigun

Dai Guard, the only mech series i enjoyed

Full metal panic

Full metal panic fumofu

Full metal alchemist

Zatch Bell

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

Outlaw Star

Hunter X Hunter

Shaman King

Baki the Grappler

History's Strongest Disciple, even if it is only the first arc

Yu Yu Hakusho, awesome

Tenchi Muyo

Bleach, but only the beginning, it starts getting really weird later on

Air Gear, but kind of ends abruptly

Saiyuki

Samurai 7

Samurai Champloo

Afro Samurai

DN Angel

Maburaho

Love Hina

Ninja Scroll

Invader Zim, not really anime but a hell of a lot of fun to watch

Bastard!

12 Kingdoms

Hayate Combat Butler

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

That is all I can think of at the moment.
ME LIKE MANGA
25th October 2010 07:09 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Oh and Black Lagoon
ME LIKE MANGA
31st October 2010 23:55 #4
  • Send Message

Demon King Daimao - I really like this anime. It has a decent story with good action scenes. However, its best trait would be its comedic-harem. The situations Akuto(the protagonist) gets himself into are really hilarious.

The story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society. His dream is to one day become a "high priest", an exemplar and champion of good. On the day he is admitted into the Constant Magick Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Demon Lord ." Thus begins his difficult school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android.

Rating: 3.75

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/ichiban_ushiro_no_daimaou/

Genre: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Magic, School, Shounen, Harem

If you like this, then you may like Naruto, Tears to Tiara, Kämpfer

Highschool Of The Dead - Everything about it is awesome. Story is awesome. Action is awesome. Characters are awesome. Animation is awesome. Seriously, who doesnt love this anime?

Highschool of the Dead is set in the present day, beginning as the world is struck by a deadly pandemic that turns humans into zombies, euphemistically referred to by the main characters as "them". The story follows Takashi Komuro, a Japanese student at Fujimi High School who survived the initial outbreak along with several of his classmates and the school nurse, and occasionally jumps to the perspective of other characters.

The plot is initially concerned with survival and escape from the titular high school and zombies, but as the series proceeds it introduces the additional threats of societal collapse, in the form of dangerous fellow survivors and the possible decay of the characters' own moral codes.

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/highschool_of_the_dead/

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Horror, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may like Samurai Girls
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:46 by AllenWalker

1st November 2010 16:25 #5
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by AllenWalker
Demon King Daimao - I really like this one. I wish there was a dub.

The story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society. His dream is to one day become a "high priest", an exemplar and champion of good. On the day he is admitted into the Constant Magick Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Demon Lord ." Thus begins his difficult school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android.

Highschool Of The Dead - Everything about it is awesome.

Highschool of the Dead is set in the present day, beginning as the world is struck by a deadly pandemic that turns humans into zombies, euphemistically referred to by the main characters as "them". The story follows Takashi Komuro, a Japanese student at Fujimi High School who survived the initial outbreak along with several of his classmates and the school nurse, and occasionally jumps to the perspective of other characters.

The plot is initially concerned with survival and escape from the titular high school and zombies, but as the series proceeds it introduces the additional threats of societal collapse, in the form of dangerous fellow survivors and the possible decay of the characters' own moral codes.

yeah highschool of the dead is awsome

here are some gifs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
8th November 2010 00:29 #6
  • Send Message

Blue Drop - If i could only describe this anime in one word, it would be "interesting". Its a decent love story filled with happiness, heartbreak and alot more drama. One thing that i really like about this anime is its scenery, animation and art.

Mari Wakatake has been living with her Grandmother for the past 5 years after a tragedy caused the loss of her home, friends and family, as well as her memories. Fearing for her future, her Grandmother admits her into Kaihou Academy, for her to make friends, instead of home studying. Although reluctant to go, she does and meets Hagino Sekonji. At first appearance, this girl appears like a normal student but inside her lies a deep secret that relates to the tragedy of 5 years ago.

The story focuses on the relationship between Mari and Hagino; as Mari begins to come out of her shell, Hagino, who has been living a double life, gradually begins to have doubts about her mission. While the invasion and war draw closer unnoticed, they begin to understand each other.

Rating: 3.5/5

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Shoujo Ai
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:36 by AllenWalker

2nd December 2010 09:57 #7
not you
  • Send Message
-delete-
Last edited: 30th March 2011 09:23 by IAmPanda

Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
5th December 2010 18:03 #8
  • Send Message

Ghost Sweeper Mikami - This a really, really funny show with a new hilarious adventure within every episode. I also really enjoy the older anime style.

Overdevelopment and crowding in Japan has forced many of its indigenous spirits and ghosts to lose their homes. Due to problems caused by the homeless spirits, a new profession was created, the Ghost Sweepers (GS). Private exorcists for hire; they serve only the highest bidder to survive in the cutthroat corporate world. Among this, the Mikami GS Company, led by Reiko Mikami and her two assistants, the teenage boy Tadao Yokoshima and the ghost girl Okinu, is said to be the best.

Rating: 3.75/5

http://mangable.com/ghost_sweeper_mikami/

Genre: Comedy, Supernatural
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:49 by AllenWalker

6th December 2010 17:49 #9
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
lol nice pics
picture attack
Last edited: 6th December 2010 17:50 by MrAcid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my name is Jens by the way , but don't abuse it because I have that name copyrighted
11th December 2010 16:10 #10
  • Send Message

Gintama - This is another very hilarious anime. The characters are all pretty different from one another, yet they are all hilarious. This is one anime that will definitely make you laugh. The animation is nicely done too. Overall, very funny

Edo-period at Japan suffers a big cultural shock. First, the aliens invaded the earth, overpowered the nation’s government, disbanded carrying swords for the once proud samurais. moreover; these aliens took the people’s jobs and are currently running a sweatshop using them as laborers. going with the flow, Sakata Gintoki, an enigmatic vagrant samurai whose personal trademark is not only his naturally permed silver hair but also his love of anything sweet and addiction to Shonen Jump is making a life out of this chaotic era. He is self employed in a do-it-all shop named Yoruzuya Gin-chan who offers any job for any amount of money. Their jobs range from searching lost kittens and saving the world.
Sakata Gintoki is a samurai living in an era when samurais are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have moved in to invade. Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on odd jobs to make the world a better place...and to pay their rent.

Rating: 4/5

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/gintama/

Genre:Action, Comedy, Historical, Parody, Samurai, Sci-Fi, Shounen
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:51 by AllenWalker

19th December 2010 03:25 #11
  • Send Message

Golgo 13 - This anime is basically about a Japanese James Bond. Its pretty good with great action scenes, and a new intriguing missions in almost every episode (some missions overlap in 2 episodes),

Duke Togo, a.k.a. Golgo 13, is a highly-skilled assassin hired only by those who pay top-dollar for his services - whether it's the FBI, CIA, industrial corporations or mafias. Regardless of who the target is or what situations he encounters, Golgo 13 always gets the job done.

Genre: Action
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:43 by AllenWalker

19th December 2010 22:54 #12
  • Send Message

Kimikiss Pure Rouge - This is really good. A slice of life type anime. Its interesting to watch what happens between the relationships of the characters. The drama and plot of this anime has made it one of my all time favorites. I like every about this anime, its plot, characters, animation, drama, setting. I totally recommend.

Kouichi Sanada and Kazuki Aihara's childhood friend Mao Mizusawa has returned after living in France for several years. Kouichi is surprised to learn that his mother has agreed to let Mao stay with them, since her parents are remaining overseas for the time being. The three friends help each other deal with the ups and downs of high school romance.

It also has a manga, here it is http://mangable.com/kimikiss_sweet_lips/
http://mangable.com/kimikiss_-_various_heroines/

Note: Those mangas have different story lines then the anime

Genre: Drama, Romance, School

Also Recommend by MrAcid (look below)
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:39 by AllenWalker

21st December 2010 17:31 #13
Emperor of the Forum
  • Send Message
Originally posted by AllenWalker

Kimikiss Pure Rouge - This is pretty good. A slice of life type anime. Its interesting to watch what happens between the relationships of the characters.

Kouichi Sanada and Kazuki Aihara's childhood friend Mao Mizusawa has returned after living in France for several years. Kouichi is surprised to learn that his mother has agreed to let Mao stay with them, since her parents are remaining overseas for the time being. The three friends help each other deal with the ups and downs of high school romance.

i watch the serie and it's a good one
24th December 2010 14:04 #14
  • Send Message

The GetBackers - This anime has a pretty decent plot with decent action scenes and really funny moments to make it even more enjoyable. I really the idea behind the occupations of the two main characters, it reminds me of GS Mikami.

Ban Mido and Ginji Amano are a recovery duo infamously known as "GetBackers." Ban possesses two special powers: the "Snake Bite" (his hands have a gripping power of 200kg) and the "Evil Eye" (anyone who looks into his eyes will be locked into a powerful and nightmarish hallucination). Ginji, on the other hand, has the ability to generate thousands of volts of electricity from his body. Together, they run a freelance business of recovering anything lost or stolen from a client - and they claim a 100% success rate at their job.

Genre: Action, Comedy, Mystery, Drama, Shounen, Super Power, Supernatural

If you like this, then you may also like Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:56 by AllenWalker

26th December 2010 03:35 #15
  • Send Message

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - EPIC!!! This is one of the best anime ever. Animation is great, action is great, story is great. If you want an anime that makes you think and is detailed this is for you. This is the type of anime that you have pay attention to every word they say.

In the future, life between the digital and physical world has been blurred. The boundary of technology and humanity has been stretched beyond imagination with lives being led in both the electronic and physical worlds. With the melding of man and machine – a new cybernetic level of existence is being created - An existence that continues to redefine mankind.

Genre: Mystery, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Military, Police, Seinen

If you like tis, then you may like Appleseed, Canaan, Night Raid 1931
Last edited: 16th August 2011 00:34 by AllenWalker

Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,