WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST OVERRATED AND UNDERRATED ANIME/MANGA?
11th October 2010 03:26 #1
The World's Greatest Exorcist
  • Send Message
I think the most overrated one would be Naruto. No, dont get mad i'm a Naruto fan and a huge Sasuke fan, but its just that its just that i've seen some people post up what they think are the best anime of all time, on other sites and blogs. Some people comment on it asking where Naruto is at and that if it doesnt have Naruto its not a "real" list. Personally, i think those people should try watching anime like FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. According to Anime News Network it has one of the highest Anime ratings.

The manga which i think is underrated is Blazer Drive by Seishi Kishimoto (the brother of Masashi Kishimoto, the creator of Naruto). Its like a futuristic version of Naruto. They share many similarities for example:
-idiot protagonist
-protaganonist has great power within and is targeted by bad guys
-protagonist lost his parents
-their rivals are both serious and unfriendly to the protagonist.
-great fight scenes
-variety of attacks

If Naruto has as much success as it has, then Blazer Drive should have an equal amount of success.
22nd October 2010 22:11 #2
Regular User
  • Send Message
Mmm..I don't entirely agree with that, thought you have some good points.
I personally think Naruto is a more underrated manga...I mean, yeah, I'm a die-hard Naruto fan (and I love Sasuke too even though he's nuts now) and I'll admit there are some flaws to the series, but people hate it so much. I mean, seriously. Go watch it yourself. It isn't that bad. Usually, it's put down because when you hear the word, "NInja" you think, "NON STOP BLOOD AND GORE!" But because of its somewhat complicated and (to me) genius plot, people want to stop watchin or reading! I personally like FMA too. ;D

The most underrated manga/anime?....that's tough. I'd have to say most Shojo manga. ><; That's good stuff! I like Shonen AND Shojo...

I might be trying Blazer Drive soon too, but I only read a manga if it meets my requirements;
Good Plot
Comedy
Some hot character
xDD
If it's missing any of those, I just drop it.
I'm not just a pervert...I'M A SUPER PERVERT -Jiraiya
I'm so beautiful it scares me! -Hotohori
What tremendous strength, I bet she's single. -Kabuto
Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!!!.- Gintama
From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected! -Kurosaki Ichigo
25th October 2010 07:20 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Naruto gets bashed a lot, but not because of the manga itself but because of its popularity. Firstly, I have yet to meet anyone who says they do not like Naruto or that they have never read it. It is like required reading if you are into manga. It is not over rated at all, in fact it is not on many lists either because it is a give in or the person does not want to put it there because they don't want to be main stream. That is my two cents on that.

Most overrated manga is Bleach. Before every bleach fan starts getting angry at me like I get angry at those who bash Naruto, please know that I am a fan of Bleach. However, the story, in my humble opinion, jumps around way too much towards the end. The fact that it is not linear may intrigue others, but it confuses the hell out of me sometimes, especially when only one chapter comes out per week and I have to remember something that happened a month and a half ago. Sorry, that is my objective opinion.

Most underrated manga is quite easy, there are a few. Hajime no Ippo is one, over 900 chapters and still going strong but no one ever mentions it. Eyeshield 21, another good one, but I think it is underrated mainly because it has been completed and is now off shonen, not a real reason to be underrated but I still say that it is. I could put fairy tail in here as well, but it is fairly new and therefore does not meet my requirements of being underrated. Even though there are 200 chapters out now, I remember just being lucky to come across it. History's strongest disciple has been picking up speed in rankings, but it still is not where I believe it should be. In my opinion it should be in the top 10 of most people.

One Piece, is my favorite manga, on par with naruto. I know I am a shonen fiend. The one problem with One Piece, and I can say objectively as a bias fan, you either love it or you hate it, there seems to be no middle ground with this, but it should be given a shot by most people.

That is my opinion, let me know what you think.
ME LIKE MANGA
26th October 2010 01:54 #4
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Shnouki
Naruto gets bashed a lot, but not because of the manga itself but because of its popularity. Firstly, I have yet to meet anyone who says they do not like Naruto or that they have never read it. It is like required reading if you are into manga. It is not over rated at all, in fact it is not on many lists either because it is a give in or the person does not want to put it there because they don't want to be main stream. That is my two cents on that.

Most overrated manga is Bleach. Before every bleach fan starts getting angry at me like I get angry at those who bash Naruto, please know that I am a fan of Bleach. However, the story, in my humble opinion, jumps around way too much towards the end. The fact that it is not linear may intrigue others, but it confuses the hell out of me sometimes, especially when only one chapter comes out per week and I have to remember something that happened a month and a half ago. Sorry, that is my objective opinion.

Most underrated manga is quite easy, there are a few. Hajime no Ippo is one, over 900 chapters and still going strong but no one ever mentions it. Eyeshield 21, another good one, but I think it is underrated mainly because it has been completed and is now off shonen, not a real reason to be underrated but I still say that it is. I could put fairy tail in here as well, but it is fairly new and therefore does not meet my requirements of being underrated. Even though there are 200 chapters out now, I remember just being lucky to come across it. History's strongest disciple has been picking up speed in rankings, but it still is not where I believe it should be. In my opinion it should be in the top 10 of most people.

One Piece, is my favorite manga, on par with naruto. I know I am a shonen fiend. The one problem with One Piece, and I can say objectively as a bias fan, you either love it or you hate it, there seems to be no middle ground with this, but it should be given a shot by most people.

I'm not bashing Naruto, I AM A HUGE SASUKE FAN LIKE SAID. No hard feelings, but from the list that I HAVE seen people bash it because Naruto isn't on it. Those people act behave as if Naruto is the MOTHER of all manga. Which it isn't since all people have there different taste. For example, in MY OPINION, the best manga would either be Rave Master and/or FullMetal Alchemist. Also, i dont think that most people dont put Naruto up because its mainstream, they just don't like it. For example, in the list that i saw that comment, it appeared as if the person was more interested in in sci-fi, supernatural and Mystery mangas/animes, with mangas/animes like Ghost In The Shell, Death Note & Blood+.

Bleach is actually one of my faves for its comedy, story and action scenes and concept, as well.

Even though, i have not read Hajime no Ippo, it is on my "Want To Read" list. I also agree that if it has 900+ chapters, then it has to be a great manga. It has lasted so long in the industry.

Idk about Eyeshield. I've never read it.

I definitely agree with you on Fairy Tail. I Think they should remake it with the english dub (for those that like dubs) and release in englis speaking countries.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited: 26th October 2010 01:58 by AllenWalker

26th October 2010 01:56 #5
  • Send Message
Originally posted by otakuhime15
Mmm..I don't entirely agree with that, thought you have some good points.
I personally think Naruto is a more underrated manga...I mean, yeah, I'm a die-hard Naruto fan (and I love Sasuke too even though he's nuts now) and I'll admit there are some flaws to the series, but people hate it so much. I mean, seriously. Go watch it yourself. It isn't that bad. Usually, it's put down because when you hear the word, "NInja" you think, "NON STOP BLOOD AND GORE!" But because of its somewhat complicated and (to me) genius plot, people want to stop watchin or reading! I personally like FMA too. ;D

The most underrated manga/anime?....that's tough. I'd have to say most Shojo manga. ><; That's good stuff! I like Shonen AND Shojo...

I might be trying Blazer Drive soon too, but I only read a manga if it meets my requirements;
Good Plot
Comedy
Some hot character
xDD
If it's missing any of those, I just drop it.

Good Plot - Similar to Naruto, so you'll like since your a Naruto fan.
Comedy - Yes
Some hot character - you decide, LOL
1st November 2010 22:13 #6
Regular User
  • Send Message
I've tried it xD Added it my list of thousands of manga I didn't read. :D;;;; BUT I WILL READ IT!...eventually. *echoes*
I love Fairy Tail as well.They need an english dub. v.v Eyeshield 21...ehhh. If you like sports manga, you'll probably like it. I don't like sports much though. ^^ My brother said it's pretty good.
1st November 2010 22:20 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by Shnouki

I agree with alot of this. I started Bleach before Naruto and am caught up and all..but sometimes..it just...turns me off. v.v Naruto never seems to. Fairy Tail either...though another one I think is underrated is Ai Kora. (Love and College) That series...although it's ecchi and completed, it doesn't seem like many people read it. It made me laugh so hard..and it wasn't just about "dirty comedy". It was about the main character growing up.
You shounen fiend! xD I love Kenichi, but I haven't gotten to the manga...I've only seen the anime. It's on my list of stuff to read. *is trying to finish Death Note, no matter how high the temptation is to start another* Tis my problem. I'm a serial reader. :D
I kinda like One Piece. I'm on middle ground. SO YOU FOUND SOMEONE! I don't think it's totally awesome...or totally not worth reading. It's ok. ;D
2nd November 2010 13:49 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
It is because some readers relate to naruto
too bad im not an Idiot

1st August 2013 04:42 #9
Regular User
  • Send Message
The U.S. intelligenceMichael Kors Handbags Outlet community plans to declassify additional information about surveillance programs Michael Kors Outlet Store Onlineof the National Security Administration, possibly as soon as Tuesday,Michael Kors Bags Outlet CNN has learned.A senior U.S. official tells CNN the information includes "white papers" on surveillance programs but also previously undisclosed information aboutMichael Kors Outlet Online the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.The official declined to be identified because the information has not been made public yet and because of theMichael Kors Outlet Store sensitive nature of the information. He would not offer further details in advance of the declassification process, which could extend into Chanel Handbagslater this week.It is unclear how the additional information would be released.This is all part of a "concerted" and "deliberate" effort to declassify additional Chanel Outlet Storeinformation in the wake of the leaks by Edward Snowden, the official said.James Clapper, the director of National Intelligence, has been trying to declassify at least some detailed case opinions by the Surveillance Court.Chanel Bags"I think there is a high likelihood of FISC opinions being declassified soon," the official said, although it does not appear the opinions themselves will be part of the upcoming declassification.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,