what are your saddest anime moments? (beware of spoilers)
1st September 2011 16:09 #31
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Dude I just finished watching the last episode of the after story and the death of Tomoya's family was indeed a sad moment.

In fact that is what I was going to post when I saw the thread but ya beat me to it.

I'm sure there are others but that is the only one that comes to mind right now cause it's yesterday fresh.
Last edited: 1st September 2011 16:14 by insanepayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
4th September 2011 01:19 #32
Regular User
  • Send Message
seriously, i saw this thread and thought immediatly of after story, too. I was so upset i didn't know if i had the heart to finish the rest of it, but i'm glad i did
-Six Feet Under The Stars-
{Your Pulse, It Races With Mine
And I Swear We Can Take The World}
29th September 2011 15:12 #33
Regular User
  • Send Message
well there are a few sad moment in the animes i have watched uptill now
these are the moment that i find very touching (even though i never cried when watching anime/manga)
1-when the crew was scattered in 'one piece' and luffy was like RUN AWAY
2-when ace died in front of luffy in 'one piece' as well
3-when jiraya died in 'naruto'
4-when piccolo died in 'dragon ball gt' he was really a good character
5-when takumi blew up his engine and his father came to pick him up in 'initial d' ( the best racing anime ever although its old i already rewatched it for 8 times over the past 5 years )
6-when hino confessed to 'naruto' and then she almost died
7-when cell swallowed andriod 17 and andriod 18 was watching them in 'dragon ball z'
8-when edward brought alric all messed up to the old lady's house after they tried to bring their mother to life in 'fullmetal alchemist'
umm i think that's all
23rd November 2011 03:39 #34
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Angel Beats has some sad ones like when otonashi gets his memories back and it goes through his flashback and his sister's death his own struggle with purpose and then his death. I dunno, Angel beats has some pretty sad moments in it
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
4th December 2011 05:10 #35
not you
  • Send Message
oh, the ending of angel beats when otonashi chose to stay behind. ;_;
Don't hate me

~meh

hey look gaiz, i can triforce

▲ ▲
6th December 2011 04:39 #36
Regular User
  • Send Message
Off the top of my head Gurren Lagann comes to mind when Kamina dies T.T but there have been so many ones that I had to grab some tissue for. oh and Bitter Virgin had me tearing up almost half the time
6th December 2011 12:19 #37
not you
  • Send Message
Too bad for yoko. everyone that's ever kissed her died...

simon has it pretty hard too. I almost dropped gurren lagann when everyone turned their backs on him and kamina. plus that thing with nia ;_;
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
6th December 2011 17:35 #38
Is my wish.
  • Send Message
Sad moments, that made my eyes watery.. :(

Chrono Crusades ending.
Gungraves ending.

Are the two that jumped out right now..
8th December 2011 04:59 #39
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Originally posted by IAmPanda
oh, the ending of angel beats when otonashi chose to stay behind. ;_;

Did you watch past the credits on the last episode?
8th December 2011 10:59 #40
not you
  • Send Message
Yeah, i've heard 2 theories about that. one is that that scene was from an alternate universe. Two, is that time works differently in the afterlife. an example would be how otonashi died before kanade but kanade was there long before otonashi came to the afterlife.
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
8th December 2011 15:49 #41
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Oh, Never thought about it that way. That makes sense. My brother had a similar theory to one of those but it was not well thought out. Want to here my theory?
8th December 2011 20:34 #42
not you
  • Send Message
Sure =)
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
9th December 2011 07:43 #43
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Ok, first of all I think that it's reincarnation. When they get "obliterated" or "move on" or whatever they are really passing into their next life. Reasons why I think that it is this way.
1. Japan has a large following of religions that believe in reincarnation.
2. I don't know it just made sense to me+it is mentioned in the beginning of the anime.

But I was thinking about that second theory that you mentioned and this idea popped into my head. Otonashi said he lived a full life without regrets and stuff and that he was not supposed to be in that afterlife place in the first place. Maybe that is why he arrived after kanade/angel(correct name?). He was stuck in like a prelimbo type thing or something o-○ ♠♥
9th December 2011 09:16 #44
not you
  • Send Message
yeah, you need a reason to stay in the afterlife. Otonashi's first reason was so that kanade could say thank you for his heart. but after, it was so that other people wouldn't stay in the afterlife like SSS brigade or whatever its called.
Don't hate me

~meh

▲ ▲
23rd December 2011 03:52 #45
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
I just thought of another really sad moment today.. I was really sad when the anime School Rumble was dropped.
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,