No mail for new chapters?
23rd December 2010 17:47 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
I don't get any mail for when new chapters are out from the manga im reading, is it suppose to be like that? :(
23rd December 2010 23:14 #2
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey pixiedust,

Sorry to hear that you're not getting the alerts. Let's take a look here see.

• First of all, check your junk folder to see if they are in there (Most likely cause. If so, you can add the address to your contacts/approve)
  • Try and search your email for the address updates@mangable.com
  • Make sure that the series that you have in your dashboard have been updated (i.e. an email should have been sent)
  • Make sure you have the correct email address in your account settings - whilst you cannot change this - I can manually do it for you if it is incorrect :)
  • Check that you have no filters on your email (I.e to block certain addresses, or subjects, words... etc

That's about all I can think of now without talking to you through PM. If none of those work, we can look into it a little more :)

Andy
24th December 2010 03:04 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by andy
Hey pixiedust,

Sorry to hear that you're not getting the alerts. Let's take a look here see.

• First of all, check your junk folder to see if they are in there (Most likely cause. If so, you can add the address to your contacts/approve)
  • Try and search your email for the address updates@mangable.com
  • Make sure that the series that you have in your dashboard have been updated (i.e. an email should have been sent)
  • Make sure you have the correct email address in your account settings - whilst you cannot change this - I can manually do it for you if it is incorrect :)
  • Check that you have no filters on your email (I.e to block certain addresses, or subjects, words... etc

That's about all I can think of now without talking to you through PM. If none of those work, we can look into it a little more :)

Andy

I've checked everything, and I still couldn't find any mail from mangable :(
This is getting mysterious..lol.
24th December 2010 12:08 #4
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Oh dear,

The updates are send out automatically via the admin part of the site, and is not actually sent out through a proper email client.

I have sent you a 'proper' email via a real email client, which should send. Let me know if you receive that

I'm going to make an account (with the provider you have at the moment), and do some tests on that :D

Andy
24th December 2010 12:50 #5
Regular User
  • Send Message
:\ f
Last edited: 24th December 2010 13:00 by KateHeptinstall
24th December 2010 13:46 #6
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Erm. This may take a while.

Been talking to Yahoo Customer Services for a while, and have to send off a support request (and from what I have read from other websites, this takes a loonnngg time).

This WILL be fixed (Not only is it annoying for you not being able to receive then, but annoying for me as noone else can get them either).

If you'd like, i'd maybe suggest setting up a hotmail/gmail account for the moment. That way, I can send all of your updates to that account, and you can automatically redirect them to Yahoo. (I'd happily explain how to do it)

Other than that, it's a case of waiting for Yahoo to get back to us :(
25th December 2010 05:58 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
I will surely make a hotmail account as soon as possible!
Thankyou! :D
25th December 2010 06:13 #8
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by pixiedust
I will surely make a hotmail account as soon as possible!
Thankyou! :D

anyway i can change my email in my account settings? :)
29th December 2010 14:31 #9
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey pixiedust, sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

We don't have a system in place at the moment to change your email (this is due to back when there was no member system, and people could just subscribe with their email. The problem is, not every email has a username.. so it's difficult. We should be implementing this in the near future, though)

But, send me a PM with your email address and I will change it for you :)
5th February 2011 22:48 #10
Regular User
  • Send Message
hotmail dosent work either

http://mangable.com/forums/bug-reports/959-issues-with-email.html
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,