Trouble connecting to the site?
28th July 2010 22:24 #1
Regular User
  • Send Message
Hey, I'm just wondering if other people are having the same problems that I am having. I try to connect to the site every day, and for some reason on most days I have to go through a couple of "www.mangable.com could not be found" Is this due to construction or bandwidth problems? If so is there a fix date scheduled for it?

I'm also wondering if it's due tot he fact that I bookmarked my dashboard page. I tried to get on there 4 times with no luck, then 2 times with www.mangable.com and I finally went to google's cached page and it loaded from there.... very interesting! let me know if you others are having this problem too!
2nd August 2010 02:38 #2
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
Yeah that happens to me to. I bookmarked the homepage and it still happens. I hate it when i really want to read some manga and have it automatically tracked for me only to be told "server at www.mangable.com could not be found" or something to that general effect.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
3rd August 2010 14:43 #3
Regular User
  • Send Message
Yeah ok, well here is what happened: He put this in the news, but the homepage is just updated manga so I'm not sure if you read about it.

They said that they are working to improve the connection due to onemanga's closing. (This means the traffic here has like 10x'ed) So a lot of people are coming to the site. But anyway here are some thing's that I found worked most of the time:

1) try coming to the site without the "www." in front of it. Sometimes it takes less time without it. If you have bookmarked the site without using the "www." try putting those in, since that helps sometime too.

2) try going to google and searching for mangable.com then click on that link. I don't know why but sometimes it helps.

3) try the "cached" link under the google link of this site, THEN try clicking on your bookmark. I've had this happen a few times where it helped bring me here very quickly.
3rd August 2010 14:45 #4
Regular User
  • Send Message
yea for this site its better to not include the www.
3rd August 2010 14:47 #5
Official Bug Finder
  • Send Message
ahh. i never check the news so that might be i why i never thought of that. I've been using mangable for a little more than a year now and it's been doing it since i started. i never assumed it was because of updates. ignorance is really just the equivalent of retardation.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Insane: 1 In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
2 A quality or action characterized or caused by madness.
3rd August 2010 15:47 #6
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey guys, thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

It's true that we have been trying to sort out the slowness of the site. But I wasn't aware that people are having problems actaully connecting in the first place.

It's true that Mangable works with non www. (Any URL you enter with the www. will be straight redirected to non-www.)

If you guys would be willing to lend a couple of minutes of your time, i'm sure I get this fixed for you :)

I'll keep you guys updated
9th August 2010 03:22 #7
Regular User
  • Send Message
Originally posted by andy
Hey guys, thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

It's true that we have been trying to sort out the slowness of the site. But I wasn't aware that people are having problems actaully connecting in the first place.

It's true that Mangable works with non www. (Any URL you enter with the www. will be straight redirected to non-www.)

If you guys would be willing to lend a couple of minutes of your time, i'm sure I get this fixed for you :)

I'll keep you guys updated

andy I'm always on msn or aim:

aim: shukero
msn: shukero@hotmail.com

If you need any help just contact me on any of those or through PM, and I;'d be glad to help you with it :D
9th August 2010 09:45 #8
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Hey shukero, I added you to MSN. Hopefully we can take a look at fixing this :)
15th August 2010 10:51 #9
Site Administrator
  • Send Message
Rightyo. The site should now operate fine :) Let me know if any of you have any issues
Post Your Reply
You need to be logged in to post a comment. Need an account? Click here to register,